>Kony is still alive & well

WHY DIDNT YOU DONATE????

like you can see the difference

>using torrents

>Implying you can't
Are you blind?

>pirating

no, are you supersighted?

I watch movies all the time on my cellphone. I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

because some people just don't care about some shitty movie that you probably watch once and delete being slightly lower quality.

I'm just going to pretend this isn't bait

I know this is bait but even in the slightest chance that this isn't:

FUCKING END YOURSELF

so there's no difference

or are you comparing yifi "720" & "1080" rips little boy?

cause i only watch supreme x265 kino

I only watch rips made from the actual film prints

Bitrate matters more

I only watch it live on set, in the scene as a fucking extra

Usually when I torrent a movie it's because I want to watch it with my gf right that second. So I'd much rather have it download more quickly then have it be be of slightly higher quality.

I imagine the entire movie in my mind so I am not limited by my eyes.

>WHOA LOOK AT ME WITH LE GF EVERYONE

I lucid dream the entire movie so I'm part of it, like a holodeck but even better

Jesus Christ, do you respond like this irl too when someone mentioned their partner?

It was relevant because it means another person is waiting for you. If I was just watching movies by myself I would just download them up front or wait for the better quality download. But when you have a gf you usually discuss what kind of movie you both want to watch and torrent it on the spot.

WE GET IT

YOU HAVE A GF

CONGRATULATIONS

The autism is strong with this one.

Why is a 720p movie 2 gbs and a 1080p movie 10? Why cant these fucking uploaders learn how to compress.

check x265 codec rips, a lot smaller now, around 2,3 gb for 1080p and around 1gb foe 720 movie, tv show seasons a lot smaller too obviously

>Stealing movies

I always download 720p because it takes up less storage and I can barely tell the difference on my laptop screen.

>he doesn't convert all his shit to 360p

I knew everyone here is a retard.

>mmmm windowed buffering realmedia or gtfo

>I didn't go to filmschool
>I took part in films in my sleep

Why are you hating on Carl Weathers?

You are filth.

I watch movies on my laptop, so 720p is more than enough.

>I have my first gf and want people know: the posts

Quality is a trade off in exchange for storage space and download speed.

I always go for 720p because I think the difference is negligible compared to the storage costs.

You could argue that storage space is crazy cheap these days, but imagine when your hard drive starts failing and you have to move 3TB of files to a new drive.

720 is 2-3 times LESS hard drive space.

Dude I'm just explaining why people download 720p irl, but for some reason the mere thought of someone having a gf triggers you basementdwellers so hard that you are incapable of focussing on anything else. This shit is embarrassing. Most normal people watch movies with friends or partners. They need to decide what movie to watch together on the spot and download it quickly. The quality isn't really a big deal in this situation as long as it's watchable.

>1080p
>2 GB

>I choose to live a lower quality of life on the off-chance that I might be inconvenienced in the indeterminate future

only one triggered here is you senpai

98% of media is disposable schlock. Why would anybody want to waste time downloading anything higher res?

You people are delusional. How am I mad? I am so confused right now.

why not?
u can barely see a difference between 720p and 1080p on a 23'' monitor.
1080p is not worth it unless u watch on a TV

Has anyone spotted this guy in other threads, in this thread alone he's mentioned his "GIRLFRIEND" in nearly every single post

>not watching movies on a TV
Triggered as fuck

>23'' monitor

Some people have real screens.

Because people are watching movies on smartphones.

1080p is overquality for the lot of goyim.

not me familam
Sup Forums isn't my homeboard

Although, that kinda explains the weird responses I'm getting if there's really a guy on here who constantly mentions it. I'm not that guy though and I was honestly just trying to make a point about why many people pick 720p.

>many people
oh I guess many people WITHOUT a GIRLFRIEND? huh? nice try elitist scum, don't come crying to Sup Forums when she dumps you for chad

The Point
by Bryan O'Sullivan (cDc #300, 1995)

you could spend an hour counting the petals in a flower
it might take you a year to count the veins in each petal
if you spent ten lifetimes, maybe you could count its cells

but you'd have completely missed the point
you fuckhead

>off chance
All hard drives fail eventually.

quality fags BTFO, how will they ever recover?!

>1080penis is already outdated in the wake of 4gay

How big is your TV user? 720p on a 32 inch has the same pixel density as 1080p on a larger television.

Obviously 720p looks sub par on a huge TV, but a good rip on a good smaller TV looks nearly perfect.

Average person has a craptop with 500GB HDD.

The file size difference matters to such retards

>tfw barely any 2160p HDR 10bit x265 rips

I have bought new drives before ones ever failed.

Now my old one's live on in other PCs

Keep living in fear

How shit is your internet that you can't wait 10 mins for a 4GB movie ?

It's third world pooers from India and BR responsible for this bullshit.

>current year
>h264 is still way more popular than h265

If YIFY is so obsessed with small filesizes, they would obviously go with h265 instead of h264.

Not that guy, but fuck you

I have to change and rewrite a story or feel when posting on Sup Forums now so that I don't mention my gf because autists will respond with "oooooooh you HAD to mention your girlfriend, huh?".

No, actually if you have a gf, many things you post on Sup Forums about might make a reference to her because you spend a good amount of time with her and she's bound to be involved in a story you happen to be telling.

I watch my movies on a special 1 pixel monitor, everything is crystal clear even at super low resolutions

He's clearly not a kinophile. Do not engage him.

Maybe more than one guy on Sup Forums has a gf you fucking sperg

It's totally fine to not have a gf, stop projecting your bitterness about it. Nobody brags about having a gf to other anons, it's more difficult to NOT mention her when she comes up in whatever you're posting

Kek.

>there are "people"
>on this "board"
>that watch their "film"
>on anything smaller than their own personal 16k IMAX
oh man

>someone mentions its not really 1080
"STFU dumbass!!!!begers can't be choosers! FUCK U!"

Would it be worth getting a bunch of monitors and arranging them in a 4x4 grid to get a larger picture? I'm afraid the gaps in between would be annoying.

>tfw don't seed

Because I have a 1440p monitor and like to browse the interweebs while I watch capekino.

>people still download yify

>If I was just watching movies by myself I would just download them up front or wait for the better quality download. But when you have a gf you usually discuss what kind of movie you both want to watch and torrent it on the spot.
This is actually very true. Any time I am with the girlfriend, I want the movie to download as fast as humanly possible. When I'm alone, I'll get a nicer copy and just do other shit while I wait for it to download.

because most people dont need 1080p because it makes no difference on their tv screen or computer?

>defending plebs

fucking digital shit
>1992: purchase pioneer laserdisc player
>laserdisc player flips automatically from side A to B, no biggie about 8 second pause
>see tracking dropout lines in Enter the Dragon laserdisc, mad as fuck! digital tracking lines are a thing on digital media just like VHS? dafuq?
>buy Alien CAV format, have to watch six laserdiscs to see whole movie, still has digital tracking lines.
>laserdiscs start to warp, tracking lines like a motherfucker, some won't play anymore. the shit now?
>1997: purchase first dvd player. holy shit, a muvee fits on a compact disc size disc, far out as fuck!
>watch first dvd of Bullitt. what are all those cubes on the shadowy wall behind Steve McQueen. Google>squares on dvd movies>digital artifacting>YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME!
>2015: buy first blu-ray, the james bond collection. watch first few minutes of the last movie. digital artifacting, STILL!
>2016: look at my old VHS tapes. NO ARTIFACTING, just shitty tracking lines. Ahh, fuck I CAN'T WIN.
>2016: buy first led tv. Fucking motion blur lines, WTF, CHRISTSHITONABISCUIT! Kill me now!

because kinography is elitist bullshit

you're the kind of faggot inking the edges of your CDs with green marker for higher fidelity on a digital medium

pls leave stefan alone