Can we all agree that this is Kanyes best album?

Can we all agree that this is Kanyes best album?

Yes

Nope, it doesn't even feature his best song but it does feature his best verse ever so I'll give it that

That verse sucks

Hell the fuck no. Least favorite album hands down

/thread

College Dropout Camp = long time Rap fans
Late Registration Camp - new Rap fans
MBDTF Camp = I listen to Rap to branch out fans

Is it bad that seeing "Camp" triggers me now?
Also I hate Late Registration but I can't decide if MBDTF or College Dropout is better

Gone is objectively his best song though.

Terrible taste.

I'm a long time rap fan and I prefer Late Registration.

College Dropout has a few better songs but as a whole Late Registration is better.

Objectively his worst album. Has one good hit and the rest is unrecognizable in mainstream media because objectively the rest besides Gold Digger is TRASH

Do he write his own rhymes? well, sorta

this. his second most popular song off that album is featuring Lupe Fiasco
LITERAL SHIT TIER KANYE

define "long time"

But yeah obviously it's not going to apply to everybody but that's generally how I see it.

>judging an album based on what songs from it are popular or "recognizable in mainstream media"
Kill yourselves.

>Using "objectively" twice

>thinks saying its trash makes it trash

Mhm....

It's sarcasm, m8s. Shitty sarcasm, but still sarcasm.

Songs are popular because a large amount of people find those songs good. The more people that like the song the more popular it is. So in theory, OBJECTIVELY, his least popular album, which is Late Registration btw, is the shittiest because the vast majority of people agree that it's his worst by not listening to it because it's garbage.

Two different sentences

Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > TLOP > TCD > LR > Grad

Pls try to be more stupid, I beg of you

>if you combine a bunch of subjective evaluations they somehow become objective
You're a moron who doesn't understand aesthetics or epistemology.

TCD > Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > Grad > TLOP > LR

Correct.

Subjectively we both disagree about the quality of LR but my opinion is that by far it is his worst and I could back it up with going in depth about why each song is garbage if you want but my first piece of evidence is obviously that it's his least popular album because it's his worst.

>Putting TCD that low
wew lad

>teenagers don't find an album pleasurable to their undeveloped ears, so that music is bad
>They find tunnel vision by Kodak Black good
>Therefore, Tunnel Vision > LR

How is it possible to be this fucking downie

Is it really his least popular? I still hear songs like Gone, Celebration and Diamonds from Sierra Leone played regularly to this day. If anything if I had to guess, 808s or Yeezus is his least popular

Who the fuck mentioned Kodak Black? Literally the worst mainstream artist right now.

Yeezus is down there I would say but I wouldn't put 808's down there. I actually only hear Gold Digger played regularly.

I personally believe MBDTF is his best, but Late Registr8 is his second best and I can see how people could prefer it over MBDTF

disgusting

MBDTF > TCD = Y > GRAD = 808S >> TLOP >>> WTT > LR

That's exactly my point. user said that music that is popular is objectively good, and Kodak Black is popular. user's argument was bullshit

>ohoHoHO
>I new I was
>I new i wuz gun see u gan
>new i wuz gun see u gan
>where ya got dem bookbag at
>alway carryin dat lil bookbag
>nobody wan see dat
>goddamn forf grader
>shit yo ass down
>Can we all agree that this is Kanyes best album?
>Can we all agree that this is Kanyes worst album?
FTFY

TCD and LR are pretty similar, I don't see how you could put them that far apart

no no no, when comparing music of the same artist then you can say who is objectively better. Also it's fair to say that Late Registration is a bigger album than anything Kodak Black will put out and will obviously stand the test of time longer than anything Kodak Black puts out. That being said it is Kanye's worst album, not that it doesn't have some amazing moments, it's just not the best by any means.

Bad taste my man
MBDTF>LR>TCD>Y=TLOP>808s>GRAD
don't care about WTT

>similar
maybe thematically but sonically they couldn't be further apart. songs like Hey Mama, Roses, Touch the Sky, and Gold Digger would never fit in along side anything from TCD.

Put 808s one higher and that's a good list boyo

actually 808s=Grad

Oh I see you mixed up Late Registration and Graduation. Common mistake

this. They have common themes and lyricism but completely different in sound.

>14 posters
ABORT ABORT

For one the flow of this album is out of this planet and it's an absolute classic. Heard Em Say, Touch the Sky, Gold Digger, Crack Music, Addiction , Diamonds of Sierra Leone, We Major, Celebration, Gone. Its impossible to listen to only two or three of these and npt listen to the others. I could start a reasonable argument for why these are some of the best songs ever written but it's all opinions man so i'll let this out.

Secondly Late Registration reminds me of late 1960s comic movies like The Graduate and nostalgia and throwback comedies like Ted. The album is an entity on its own and is super coherent i dont know. It was also when Kanye was a swag, young guy and it's a fun, anthemic and self referential album despite the serious subject matter in a couple of songs it always register upwards. In the end Its almost like that feeling you get when you are with your friends sitting by the bed., smoking some blunt with the doors of the room open and just talking shit with each other and then some drunk hot girls walk by and you are like all drooling foolishly, in the end music is about slice of feelings and LR is a perfect box of many feels. Sorry for the cornyness but its what i think

stopped reading at
>throwback comedies like Ted

I dcare.

I was baked when i wrote this second paragraph

And not the first?

that would be yeezus. Every other album is mediocre at best

Sure why not

>Yeezus and 808s are suddenly good now
fucking how m8

LR>CG>YEEZUS>MBDTF>GRAD>TLOP>TCD>808

>Yeezus and 808s are suddenly good now
TLOP isn't that good buddy

>TLOP isn't that good buddy
I agree, but it the two I mentioned are definitely not better.
That said, Kanye's worst is still palatable, Love Lockdown and Black Skinhead are in my anthology.

It's my favorite Kanye album, but I think his best is Yeezus.