Russia threada

I love these pics that russians are posting, I love russian literature and art. The russians I've talked to have all had this very human gloom and melancholia to them that speaks to me a lot.

Even though Russia as a country is pure evil, I seem to connect to a lot of russian shit. Am I just being a russia-boo or does Russian culture have tosca and a warm human melancholia to it, found in no other culture?

Has anyone here went from the west to russia? Please, share your experiences with this. Also russian posters, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ke6Ss4g3Pt4
youtube.com/watch?v=yU5-b9s0fcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hurray, Russia thread

+15

I once had a drive through Finland, Sweden and further through all the countries on the way to Bulgaria. Russian countryside is worse than anything.

what do you mean?
please tell me about driving though the russian countryside

He means that you are paied Putin bot.
>tell me about driving through the russian countryside
It's like driving through the post apocaliptic wasteland.

are you from Stockholm or what town? my swedish waifu is from little town from north of Sweden

>Even though Russia as a country is pure evil
>putin-bot

how come it's a wasteland? have all the russians moved in to the cities? did you see anything bizzare, depressing, interesting? any cool pics?

>tosca and a warm human melancholia to it, found in no other culture?
what is portugal?
youtube.com/watch?v=ke6Ss4g3Pt4
youtube.com/watch?v=yU5-b9s0fcY

a small uni town called Linköping, about in the middle of sweden. Where are you from Ivan?

Empty villages with bunch of babushkas living there and that's it. Everyone who could left to the cities.

I was in Yonchoping btw. We wanted to eat local fish from Veter lake but turned out it was from Norway and café waiter lied to us.

>have all the russians moved in to the cities?
Pretty much, yeah

Russian countryside looks so nice. I wanna film an horror movie there.

>Empty villages with bunch of babushkas living there and that's it
that sounds more comfy than post-apocalyptic

I can't understand why nobody ever done that.

>half abandoned village with houses burnt to the ground and barely any infrustructure
How is it comfy?

>night wolves
fuck off with your shit propaganda cuck

I'm fröm jönköping. Is nice.

unironically looks better than many areas in Wisconsin

Are night wolves the Putin endorsed biker group that was also active in Crimea?

I just saw that in the 8th of march on the street and took a pic, I didn't even know those are night wolves, I mean it is not seen from that angle.

He imagines a swedish village.

Yeah, bunch of faggots

>countryside
I can guarantee those photos were taken in a large city, just a few hundred of metres away from the main street.

A city with 400K population

The first one was. The second one is an actual village.

yes
>all these new cars
>third world road
why?

It's called corruption.

Why in russia the power lines are in the middle of the towns

Same place few years ago in summer.

>city puts xxx money towards fixing potholes
>after all is said and done, somebody pays an uzbek the equivalent of $5 to do something about it, but he gets mugged and murdered on the way to work

The soils mostly consist of clay so it is very unstabble and cables usually break.

This, pretty much.
It's common around here, too.

>The soils mostly consist of clay
Oh yeah, that was extremely unusual for me because when I visited other cities. I'm from чepнoзeмьe so the defaut colour of soil for me is black while soil in other regions is brown and light grey.

Because it's cheaper and easier to fix.

post pics

((((

how safe is it to go to Russia for vacation?
Do russians speak english?

>Do russians speak english?
nO

>how safe is it to go to Russia for vacation?
Safer than Middle Asia, South America and Africa. Take basic precautions (avoid drunks, don't take walks at industrial areas at night, don't flash excessive amount of money).

Nope. Not even taxi drivers.
The signs are dubbed in English though (valid for popular tourist cities like Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novgorod, Kazan)

>Where are you from Ivan?
Kazan. hometown is few hundret km away

>how safe is it to go to Russia for vacation?

Not as safe as staying at your home for sure.

No, we don't. Maybe one out of 20 does, but the vast majority doesn't know a word of English.

>Kazan
Чe y вac c мeтpo?

In my town literally nobody speak English.
But maybe that's different in Moscow or some tourist-attraction places like Sochi, is there anyone from Moscow posting here?

> Even though Russia as a country is pure evil

Oh get out

No.
Russians dislike English and don't learn it.

this people hide their taxes, so they can buy cars and ride 3rd world africa tier roads
no irony
you dont know how money are made here

do you bury them?

Other half of truth that even if these people would pay taxes their money will end up in the pockets of bureaucrats

I visited Saint Petersburg last year for a business trip.

I was very surprised by how modern it was. I expected everything to be run down and dirty (which a lot of it was). However, the inner city was clean with magnificent buildings everywhere and could compete with a lot of major western European cities

я им нe пoльзycь
гoд нaзaд былa oднa вeткa c 6(+-) cтaнциями

they ARE the part of the system
they're the same bureaucrats and corruptioners

nah it's full of bydlo, freaks and drug addicts

What are your emotions after visiting a city with a working public transportation system?

>some cheap middle class cars in the middle of junk shithole
>hurr durr they all bloodsucking corruptioniers!
not sure if serious or just memeing...

Дa я знaю, интepecнo paзвивaeтcя ли oнo или нeт. Teмнo y вac тaм eшe пpocтo пиздeц.

>oднa вeткa c 6(+-) cтaнциями

At least you don't live in Omsk where they can't complete a single line for 25 years wasting billions on it, literally burying money into the ground.

Pretty nice. The public buses made getting around much cheaper compared to other places where I'd have to use overpriced taxis

>middle class
>in Russia
c'mon

I can only talk from own experience, but I felt very safe when walking around in Moscow with my friends. Much more so than London/Paris/Rome.
Muscovites are probably better at English than most other areas. The younger people seem to have a decent grasp of it, but not many are very fluent in it. Older people will generally avoid speaking English.

so how do I travel to russia, do I need to befriend a native speaker? is it worth learning basic russian just to go visit?

Where exactly do you want to go? If Moscow/Petersburg then don't worry, it will be not worse than Paris.

maybe if you stop putting spies in our agencies, fly over Gotland with military planes and put submarines in the Stockholm archipelago

>Where exactly do you want to go?
I don't know to be honest, is Moscow/Petersburg "russian" enough?

Maybe Petersburg is a good place to start though. I like Dostojevskies books so would be cool to see the city

>Moscow/Petersburg
Those are good tourist places but you want catch any essence of Russia there because they are drastically different from the rest of russian cities.

What spies in your agencies

>want
won't

Erase una vez una reluciente camioneta celeste.

Una vela...

+15

(am i doing the meme correctly)

Petersburg is alright for a foreigner and worth a visit. It's definitely safer than London or Paris. Moscow is harder without knowledge of russian, but still doable.

I love how in Moscow metro they make English announcements AFTER the doors had already closed and the train started to move.

haha
ok will probably go to Petersburg then. Looks very cheap, too.

On a different note, how are russian posters on Sup Forums? Would it be a good idea to meet someone from this board to guide me around/do stuff with, or are you all freaks?
I know most swedish posters here are pretty nice and harmless, but idk what kind of russians are on here

Russia is like a special country.
And I think if you don't know the language you will not feel the ambience completely. Cause it's very complicated thing - the ambience. You will feel very isolated and not your own.
Move your own risk, bro.

maybe I will learn russian, seems very tempting. I already know the alphabet and the language doesn't seem too hard.

> On a different note, how are russian posters on Sup Forums? Would it be a good idea to meet someone from this board to guide me around/do stuff with, or are you all freaks?
If you're gonna move to perm I can meet ya

You get 15 rubles is what he mean, you can buy half a chocolate bar probably.

Does that tilted yellow square with white outline mean stop in russian driving? Here it means you don't have to stop because you have the right of way.

Knowing the alphabet and most of the basic travel-related words would be necessary if you plan on going to Russia. Go for it, Sven.

I would say you'd be safer meeting English speaking Russians in Russia than you would be meeting English speaking people in English speaking countries. Simply because in Russia, it implies a level of education and interest in foreign culture. It really narrows down the type of Russians you would meet, whilst here, it could be anyone out to rob you or worse. Not been or anything, just employing basic logic I have employed when travelling elsewhere

>half a chocolate bar
May be 10 years ago, now you can buy nothing for this. Snickers bar costs 40.

>to rob or worse
That's not what he should be afraid of. He would more likely meet a robber in Lynkoping.

Wasn't too far off. 15 is just above a third of a snickers bar then.

>Lynkoping.
never implied he would get obbed o worse in Russia as a result of meeting random english speaking russians. I implied the opposite in fact

Here russian anons seem good people, how are russians irl?

> Here russian anons seem good people, how are russians irl?
You will be surprised, but... They are goddammit different, as people are everywhere!

Will I find good slavic cutiegf in Murmansk?

>Would it be a good idea to meet someone from this board
Don't meet people from the internet. Ever.

i have met and sex with a lot of girls that i met on the internet though

I met one of my best friends on Steam though, and have had plenty of dates with tinder girls. maybe Sup Forums is different, though.

post more russia

Meme Russia or real Russia?

both