This absolute madman gave Narkopop a 2/10

This absolute madman gave Narkopop a 2/10
wtf melon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFXF9qnlYR4&list=PLKtI6DyKnYmOvFUDwk9Mm3-ly_uN27qje
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally nothing wrong with his review.

Yeah, it's a light 2. What a horribly boring album.

he's too busy enjoying Lil Yachty

kek

I bet you thought it was AOTY when it got 8.8 from p4k and #1 on RYM.

KEK

Is at least a 6/10 but a 2/10? Come on

This. I mean it does kind of pale in comparison with his other albums but a 2 is just disrespectful

The album is ass brah it sounds like space sounds or the ocean or some gay ass shit listen to cool new musicians coming out rn like night Lovell or bones

Why he put Dare in the back

Don't even pay attention to either of them, so, no. I make my own mind up, brainlet.

>i can't understand it, so it must be bad

>tfw you'll never be the most intelligent anonymous user on a taiwanese shoe making forum

This literally says he's not into ambient music

This album is rich, highly textured, intricate, and captivating. Seems like a "I listened to it once and hated it" type of review

He is right. If Gas was an unknown soundcloud artist you wouldn't pay mind to this.

Yeah, Fantano knows shit about ambient, and the word boring is not something you use in terms of ambient.

>tfw to intelligent to be the most intelligent anonymous user on a Tunisian olive oil making board

>he doesn't like it, so it must mean he doesn't understand it

Show me an unknown soundcloud artist who makes music like Gas.

Where did you get that from?
I got my post from his actual review where he literally said if he thought about it more, he'd like it.

what word would you use? I've been listening to a couple of GAS albums and haven't liked them. I find them very non engaging and boring.

Yeah, but Voigt isn't. He has been making great ambient music for decades and founded fucking Kompakt.

Textures, the slow rhythms, and how does things counteract, while fantano mentions beats, and in my opinion they do not matter.
Tho, this is one of my personal favs:
youtube.com/watch?v=vFXF9qnlYR4&list=PLKtI6DyKnYmOvFUDwk9Mm3-ly_uN27qje .

And Narkopop was the thing it was meant to be, a dark ambient techno record, and very good at it imo.

I have no opinion
I listened to Pop high during my first listen and absolutely loved it and every relisten high or not

I tried to recreate this and while liking the songs I heard I lost interest around 6 and just listened to something else instead. I still need to finish the rest but from what I heard in his review Fantano was pretty correct, although I don't think these traits were as debilitating as he claimed they were

inb4 gurl rofl pot

Fuck off Fantano fanboy

>caring about any review
STOP NOW AND SAVE YOURSELF

I don't know. Maybe I don't like ambient music as much as I thought. I just can't seem to get into GAS.

When did he say that?

The fact that you people think of his reviews as anything other than his personal opinion shows how self-conscious you are of your own

You're probably focusing too hard on it.
You have to let it flow like a river.

he doesn't "get" it
his criticisms are what make it good. fantano can't into minimal

this will be one for the "times when anthony fantano was right" threads

This honeydew looking ass really gave Ed Sheeran a higher score than Gas and Sup Forums is going to keep pretending that his opinion on anything is worth listening to.

You people give him power to say shit like this. Stop talking about every single thing he does for fuck's sake; why do you care what an uneducated ambient listener says about this album?

Fantano probably didn't know about Gas until now, and if he did, he definitely never gave him a proper listen.

It's just his opinion, there's absolutely no need to give it this amount of importance.

How do you even rate ambient/drone albums. Theres so little going on in each song, what can you even say.

Like the whole point of the genre is to be background music

Ambient is supposed to be simultaneously ignorable and interesting.

t. twelve year old reddit user

eh not necessarily

see Tim Hecker

>mfw Humanz will have a higher score than Narkopop

Which is all uninteresting

There's not a single good point made in the review.

The plebs on this board have fucking multiplied. Look at the filthy newfag shitbird. Fucking GAS yourself.

>Tim Hecker
kys yourself if you think tim hecker has done anything actually interesting since his first two albums

my autistic theory is that he uses a retarded setup and literally can't listen to minimal music
i remember he didn't give the last Grouper album a score because he "couldn't hear it"

itt ambientcucks getting mad that melon is shitting on the only thing they had to look forward to

what the fuck
gimme the proof on this faggot

it was in one of those "y u no review" (that's a name that aged well) things from years ago, i'm not going to go digging for it though

What's a good setup for Minimal styles of music? Genuinely curious, thanks.

i don't know anything about that shit, i'm literally suggesting he listens to music through a mobile speaker with a bucket on his head or something as an explanation for his awful taste

Oh okay. LOL

>fucking Ed Sheeran got a higher rating than Gas

>All Star mash ups got a better score than Gas

I lost all respect for Mr. Vantano when he gave Lana Del Rey's album a 2/10. This guy actively hates the woman for some reason. He has a personal vendetta.

>his opinion
>your opinion

nobody gives a shit about either