Why is this still the best mp3 player? Why did nobody bother to make a better one??

Why is this still the best mp3 player? Why did nobody bother to make a better one??

>mp3 player
Hi Dad

My phone's headphone but is broken so I use an mp3 player. Do I look autistic?

I wish I would have bought like 5 when they were cheap. I didn't know they would fuck it up in the newer version

My phone doesn't fit in my pocket and purses are a fucking conspiracy, I need something with a less awful form factor

i use my poop colored zune daily: AMA

how does your battery still work?

Seriously...
What the FUCK were they thinking?

i replaced the battery three years ago with one i bought on ebay.

is it good

>mp3
Get with the times bud. .m4a is the future.

the zune software is surprisingly good. also i like the fact it has tactile controls so i can skip through and rate songs without ever taking my eyes off the road (i rate about 100 new songs per week this way)

What is...what??

>not listening to your potato chips

I only listen to FLAC

doritoes are tortilla chips you hack

>being this sensitive about chips
Go eat some you fat fuck

i have an eating disorder and only weigh 100lbs but i guess i just wont eat tonight, thanks

lol

Yes, yes you do

I had one of those
>navigating the menu was tedious
>shuffle wasn't really shuffle, it would play "random" songs, but always in the same order every time

did u put rockbox on it bc the stock firmware is awful

Sansa Clip+ with rockbox and128 GB MicroSD is pretty comfy

I bought a FiiO X1 II and holy shit the firmware is ass. Almost unusable. I bought another Clip Plus to use in the meantime while they upgrade the firmware. These things were like $40 a pop a year ago and now they're like ~100$.

Step aside, children.

It's aight

Is it still possible to purchase dedicated music players or am I expected to discard a perfectly functioning phone just to buy a new one that also acts as a music player? Like seriously, does anyone sell them?

DAP business is doing good. Look into Fiio and Cowon players. Or heck, even Sony ones, but they're expensive af

I have 4 of these.

hi 13 year old that shouldn't even be on this board

Am I the only person who bought a Clip Zip instead of a Clip+?

Have you guys even heard of FiiO?

Fiio can't be rockboxed and I needs muh crossfeed

my clip+ is finally dying. bought in december 2010. it started dying - headphone socket - a few months ago but then miraculously came back from the dead after a 12-hour flight spent wedged in a seat pocket.

now it is almost impossible to listen to. I need something to listen to in bed or I can't sleep and the clip filled with audiobooks is perfect. most nights it ends up on the floor and was solid as a tank. I am seriously thinking about getting it repaired. I can mavourvre it into a position where the headphone contact give me sound, but the slightest movement fucks it up.

is there any worthy replacement? I suppose I could just use an old smartphone in a heavy duty case.

Consumerism has gone too far

>not owning one of these bad boys.

How the fuck do you even listen to music Sup Forums?

Get on my level idiots

On wire, you fucking pleb.

I've got one. Slap rockbox on that shit though

What's a good MP3 with storage I can't even fit all my music on my phone

Yeah, already have. I just wish Rockbox wasn't stuck in development hell. When's the last time they updated it?

PONO
O
N
O

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17
-reads almost all formats
-64GB built-in memory + an extra 128GB available with micro SD card
-long battery life
-costs only a couple hundred bucks

I got the newest x1 when it came out and really like it.

I wish phones were smaller and had keyboards again. They'd be great MP3 players instead of giant fucking pocket bricks.

Don't even know why they ditched the keyboards. I was quicker with them.

God, that image gives late 2000s-early 2010s me a boner.

They probably got rid of them for the sake of slimming phones down so skinny jeans wearing hipsters can use them.

I just use my Apple™ iPhone® SE

they got rid of them because it's cheaper to maufacture a touch screen

I really do miss full keyboards too. They felt nice, it was actually kinda hard getting adjusted to a touch screen.

Just use your phoney

>hipsters wear skinny jeans
like fifteen years ago, grandpa

and your screen didn't turn into a greasy piece of shit instantly

Nothing beats the Fiio.

I've been using the Fiio X1 for years and it's still god tier.

Why do I look autistic for using a DAP?

Same m8, best thing.

Just got these bad boys

I laughed at the sheer absurdity

I like the clip so much I bought 4 of them when I found out they were discontinued.