Is 'The Deer Hunter' an accurate representation of the Vietnam war?

Is 'The Deer Hunter' an accurate representation of the Vietnam war?

Who cares? The Vietnam scenes in it were great. Shame the wedding scene was so fucking long. Really made the movie worse for me.

I think it was a better representation of both pre and post-war.

Why were they acting Slavic

Is the Deer Hunter even a movie about the Vietnam war? The vast majority of the movie isn't even about the war in Vietnam, and the stuff that is still isn't really about it.

Apocalypse Now or Platoon are the best movies about Vietnam.

It was a russian-american community

>Apocalypse Now
>a war movie

>Joint: Good Morning Vietnam
>Flick: Platoon
>Movie: The Deer Hunter
>Film: Full Metal Jacket
>Kino: Apocalypse Now

How the fuck isn't it a war movie? It definitely fucking is. Platoon is the better and more realistic movie about thr war in Vietnam, but Apocalypse Now still does a great job.

All the Vietnam stuff in Full Metal Jacket is garbage.

It's a look more at the war's effects on these characters, who they were before the war, what happened during, and what happened to them after.

One day you'll get it my philistine friend

Was De Niro's character SF?

Platoon followed by Apocalypse Now followed by Full Metal Jacket

Yeah, Green Beret. You can also tell by the camo he's wearing. Tiger Stripe. Only SF got that. Martin Sheen wears it in Apocalypse now, too.

Yeah

I think Kojima stole Miller's look from Deer Hunter

Shut the fuck, you massive idiot. Platoon is literally a movie about the American "grunts" in Vietnam. Olivier Stone (The Director) actually served in the war himself, and he himself said he made a movie about his own experiences in Vietnam.

Stone is a lying hack

So Walken and Savage are regular 'Screaming Eagles' Airborne and in the same unit. Michael apparently gets picked for Special Forces. Yet they all manage to wind up in the same village that gets attacked, manage to survive the attack and get taken prisoner. They are the only survivors of the POW camp.

Rolling Rock confirmed for giving extra armor bonus

No shit, the man practically jerks off over movies like that
>
>Shut the fuck, you massive idiot. Platoon is literally a movie about the American "grunts" in Vietnam. Olivier Stone (The Director) actually served in the war himself, and he himself said he made a movie about his own experiences in Vietnam.

Yeah. Top tier cheap beer.

Nah, Apocalypse Now is the best representation.

Honestly.

Jacob's Ladder

Which is why it's film and not kino

It's not a Vietnam War movie.
It's about the journey into insanity, the War happens to be the setting, but it is also the visualisation of that journey.