Anybody listening to the new gorillaz album?

Anybody listening to the new gorillaz album?

What kind of a stupid fucking question is that OP?
Everyone is.

Haven't gotten it yet, money is coming in tomorrow.

Nah I'm not 10 years old

Fuckin' got em

oh shit fucking ROASTED

Literally just started it, I'm like 2 songs in.

Can he ever recover?

SKYS FALLING BABY DROP THAT ASS BEFORE CRASH

I'm 6 songs in and I think it's bretty good

I'm enjoying it so far.

I am. I don't like it.

>waiting until tomorrow to listen to it
>not having spotify

>2017
>doesn't have Spotify or Apple Music

Literally fuck your own face

I've never been this unhype to listen to a Gorillaz album.

then again I'm pretty much a newfag to them and remember Plastic Beach coming out and the hype that was this board declaring it Sup Forumscore on the spot

Unironically this
Who listens to a cartoon character band?

I'm sort of underwhelmed so far. Ascension just feels like generic hip-hop, and Strobelite is... fine I guess. Just fine. I'm on Saturn Barz right now, and its the only song like so far, but I've been listening to it for weeks. I hope it picks up.

I like music that is not on Spotify, usually niche soundcloud shit

You're posting on a fucking anime board.

Literally millions of fucking people

I didn't expect to like Out of Body so much, I'm really digging the whole album

Don't hold your breath, it drops off quite a bit toward the end

Let Me Out and Sex Murder Party are lame as fuck. What were they thinking?

Nice samefagging

SHE'S THE ONE I'M RUNNING WITH

Let Me Out was passable, Sex Murder Party was super lame I'll agree

I wholeheartedly disagree, Out of Body and Ticker Tape are really great. And She's My Collar and The Apprentice, oo baby

Charger has a sexy riff, It's giving me hints of demon dayz

You think I thought he really roasted OP?
You're fuckin dense m8

"I only listen to music that everyone else DOESN'T like"

You are really dumb. Not very surprising for someone who enjoys gorillaz

She's My Collar is a fuckin' tune

28 posts with 16 posters it's not hard to think that one guy who hates gorrilaz would Samefag

Ascension was incredible in my opinion, maybe it's my Vince Staples fandom but the lyrics were so out there (that Moses line is ridiculous).

On the flipside I didn't like the Pusha T track despite being a huge Pusha fan who's been playing his last project Darkest Before Dawn non-stop over the past month or two.

I bet you're fun at parties, faggot

It's so cool, there's like a dark sex appeal to it, I fucking love it, it's so out of left field (In the best Gorillaz way).

I feel that's because Let Me Out is an unorganized song. Such a weird mishmash. I love Pusha T too. It's just not a well put together song

Just listened to Let Me Out. I actually really liked it. It felt a bit unorganized, but I didn't feel like that took away from the song. Honestly, its the closest to classic Gorillaz so far.

this thread reeks of fucking underage

my roommate only listens to gorillaz and he has shit taste in virtually everything artistic

it really put me off them and i kind of started to think of them as uninspired

also i've kind of stopped liking the idea of a fictional band

I enjoy it a lot been playing it non-stop, can't wait to see them in concert this summer.

Yes I like it, seems no one else does except Anthony Fantasia, who praises it on twitter

These are the good songs. The rest are middling.

She's My Collar and Andromeda are tied for the best. Charger and Busted & Blue would be much better if they built up to something but they never seem to take off.

Anybody wanna be a piece of shit and put the deluxe edition on Mega?

It already is.

all my life is completely ruined by popcans shit voice. like honestly a sans popcan version would be insanely better.

Yeah but at like, 128kbps

Your mom is like, 128kbps

I wish.

i bought it today

to the people who say that humanz is a bad album remember plastic beach when it first came out

Really digging Momentz

The reviews for Humanz are so stupid, especially the Pitchfork one. They just don't understand. It's so disappointing that these peoples' opinions determine critical consensus. Humanz is one of the best albums I've ever heard. 5/5 from this user

My man. Probably my favorite track of the album besides Saturnz Barz

>they just dont understand

It still is.

>pitchfork
They gave the exact same score to demon days

DUH. What the fuck you think?

I'm on Busted and Blue and so far I like every song. Some more than others, but there's yet to be a moment where I had to skip the track halfway through.

>that's right

Wow. Embarrassing...

best tracks are saturnz bars, momentz, out of body, and charger

for the worst tracks id say we got the power, sex murder party, and circle of friends

is literally every feature on this a black person?

Good evening reddit

Noel gallager
and why would it matter

I don't see how this would even be a problem, but no, they're not. Kali Uchis is Colombian.

Not a problem, I love the album, it's just an observation

Nah bruh I like good music

got em

lol didn't that get a 6.9 lol

No. This album is objectively shit. The couple of songs I've listened aren't even worth pirating or listening to all of this objectively bad album.

Sex Murder Party sounds sooooo much better now. It was literally unlistenable from that shitty vinyl rip

lmao nice greentext

greentext
current year

I like it a lot though...

Ascension, Saturn Barz, Strobelite, and Submission are great.

Charger and Sex Murder Party are decent

rest are below average to god awful.

Also guys, who thinks Submission is a fucking amazing song?

what about Momentz and Andromeda

hi here

it's goes from great to GREAT when danny's verse comes on tbqh, though honestly the song is still a banger before he comes on.

I forgot about Momentz, probably would be up in great-tier or at the very least decent. The first 5 actual songs on the album are all great, sucks the quality drops off from there. Andromeda is passable I suppose but compared to the other songs I listed it's inoffensive at best.

If out of body doesn't make it to the bedroom playlist for most people then they have no taste desu

Have not heard a singel song, should i get this on vinyl. Just got my new setup ready. y/n?

I mean if you really like the art that much go for it, otherwise probably not.

CRINGE

I'm listening to Out Of Body right now for the first time and you fuckers are kidding me, right? The 2 tracks before this were better and even those weren't that great.

Nvm heard it now. What a piece of junk

ok

i heard the singles and now i don't want to listen to the album

The album is even worse. Maybe Submission is passable.

You aren't missing much. Some people might advocate for some choice tracks like Submission or Strobelite but it's all about the same quality throughout.

Various Artists - Humanz

About to listen to it now, I liked most of the pre-singles so I have high hopes.

Also I got the version with the bonus tracks and notice they aren't featuring other artists. Does this mean they'll actually be Albarn-centric like Busted and Blue?

Pretty much.

If you liked the singles you'll probably like the album. And no, the bonus songs aren't Albarn centric at all save for Ticker Tape. He does get a few moments on the album but they're definitively few. Considering you've heard Busted and Blue you've probably heard half of his meaningful contributions to the album before even listening to it.

Oh wait, yeah, I see. The featured artists for the bonus tracks weren't in the titles on the actual disc when I imported it, but I see them on the tracklist on the physical album.

From the other thread :

Listening right now. SO far it's shit. Drums are non-existant, voice/lyrics is slowed down blur, synth are too basic to be interesting, fucking fake violins everywhere and even vocoder. Sounds like "Best of R'n'B 2009 vol2 ft. Grace Jones"

what exactly is there to understand? Enlighten me.

wtf i hate gorillaz now

I'm glad someone else said this before me

Does anyone have a link of the deluxe version? Apparently the download i got in a thread days ago lacks some tracks like Out of body

>We got the power
Shit taste

objectively homosexual opionion.

check soulseek, I got everything from there

You're just proving him right with your 10 year old humor

i like grace jones but i hate the gorillas