Why are Sonic Youth so boring?

Why are Sonic Youth so boring?

Honestly my favourite band, why do you think they are boring?

I just gave the new Thurston Moore that came out a few hours ago a 2/5

What is his name?

Speed Lover

>Blocks your path

Cause of your pleb musical ears - just deal with it
kanye would be right for you

More like innovative and defied the odds, they were truly underdogs deserving of their love/respect. They are actually one of the bands that influenced me the most when it comes to playing guitar. It really depends on what you know by them overall, which I'm guessing may not be much. Personally, I like Lee and Kim's songs the most, though it's undeniable that Thurston also contributed some of their best content. He and Lee are one of the best guitar duos of all time because of just how well they compliment each others playing. You should listen to their self titled album, Evol, Rather Ripped, Kill Yr. Idols, Goo, Washing Machine, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse just to name a few for starters. I'm sure they will change your opinion and you'll appreciate more by them. At the very least, get "Rather Ripped" before you do.

Favourite songs/albums by them???

Nitro Dubs

Ronnie Rocket

they became too popular and indie chic and all that and ran out of ideas

Rocket Racer

>underdogs defied the odds
>genre hopping white privileged New York hipsters
Pick one

Fast and Furious

i dunno, Candle maybe
im not one of the guys yourre replying to though

They were underdogs because they made it despite not being "traditionally" skilled. Really, the one with the most skill musically out of them all was Lee.

No worries dude, anyone can reply :)

Implying Ringo, Elvis, the list goes on

Sonic Youth rode the rock carousel of styles until they "made it" only sticking together out of pure incestuous apathy.

Elvis was a tool. Why can't they adapt and change styles a bit?? Most of the greatest musicians don't just stick to one thing only. Like look at QOTSA for instance?? Been going strong for almost two decades and not one of their albums sounds just like another.

EVOL up to Dirty is a classic run of albums. After that, they became a singles band and forgot how to make good albums as a whole. Washing Machine and Rain on Tin might just be their greatest songs, and those came from later albums in their career.

>EVOL up to Dirty
But Dirty is mediocre and WM, ATL, MS, RR, and The Eternal are all better