LOOKING FOR MOVIES YOU FAINTLY REMEMBER

LOOKING FOR MOVIES YOU FAINTLY REMEMBER

Do you have any movies you have hazy memories of that you would like to rediscover?

I remember a movie that had a showdown between a hunter and a giant boar in the woods in the snow.
It was probably from the 70s or older.
Pig not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9V-yzCzR4
youtu.be/FcsXC2xFis4?t=170
youtu.be/xNnPerO7P8U479
youtu.be/ku7qnh261CY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This one is tough because I was on vacation in Barbados when I saw it. I think it might have been a French language film, but it had Spanish subtitles. Either way, it wasn't in English, and as I recall, it was shown on HBO. This was around 2002, if it helps. It was definitely a hard R rating, or what typically came on HBO late at night. Here's what I remember...

>coming of age story about a teenage girl
>has a female friend with weird hair and a nice guy with a crush on her
>girl meets bad boy at her school and ends up getting with him instead
>he takes her to a party, shows her his room and they talk about Bob Marley
>they fuck, and it's pretty graphic
>he's into dealing drugs or something illegal, which I could infer despite the language barrier
>shit happens, and the kid who has a crush on her and the other dude end up fighting
>her dad finds out she's been having sex or doing illegal shit with this guy, or something, and beats her up
>she runs out of the house, and that's all I remember

So yeah, any ideas? I can provide better descriptions of things and people for anyone who thinks they might know the name of this film.

This might be the best place for some old obscure bullshit like I remember.

I can't remember if it was a TV show or a movie, but it was a black and white horror story. A naval crew is investigating some derelict vessel on the bottom of the ocean. Any time divers knock, there's a knock back from the inside of the vessel. The last thing I remember of it is the divers getting inside, seeing the dead crew in the bridge and then there's a flash of light.

Pisses me off to no end that I can't remember if it was a movie or some episode of The Outer Limits

>pic not related but I'd love to know what it's from

sounds like the inspiration for that sub movie... damn son, sounds goood.

What's this sub movie you're talking about?

This is an episode of the Twilight Zone called "The Thirty Fathom Grave"

Wait what
Fuck me it's in Season 4, the only one that's not on Netflix

watchseries nigga. while your on s4 check out "He's Alive" with a young ass dennis hopper playing a neo nazi street thug

U-571

coooool

Yes

I'm not sure if it was a TV show or a movie but there was this knight who had this silver and gold armor and I THINK it may have been a son to someone. I'm not sure.

Anyway I think there was also a big battle where this one knight fought off an entire army but was killed by two guys in the end.

I also remember, could have been the protagonist, had a dream and was running away from a giant chalice filled with wine that was rushing toward him.

Any ideas? It could have been on TV from the late 90s to early 00s

A movie with a gas pump handle flying around? google does nothing and I was like 7

Try looking up films that are NC17, I remember there was a movie with similar details and there was a big controversy because the sex scene was between two young people

I remember a movie where soup can lids were thrown like ninja stars into someone's leg. It was probably a horror movie. Possibly zombie. It was in the late 80's when I seen it.

Your image is from Highlander.

Shit, that armor looks amazing.

That's The Kurgan from Highlander

Some childrens movie about pirates in a swamp? Thats all i remember. Pretty sure it was the louisiana swamp.

mid 90s
a bunch of cgi skeletons attack a castle
pls help

Pan?

treasure island?

Here's one I've been trying to remember for years. I've described it on here before but never had any luck.

>All boys school next to an all girls school
>Main character sneaks over to the all girls school
>Meets a girl
>Later they meet again at a Christmas party
>Boy's best friend gets cancer
>He runs out of the house when he sees his friend dying in bed
>Possible religious overtones

That's all I can remember.

Make my life complete and tell me what this movie is.

evil dead 3

>cgi skeletons
well the only thing I can think of that was mid 90s, skeletons and castle is Army of Darkness(evil dead 3)
youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9V-yzCzR4

Animated, tv show I think. Could be tv-movie. There's pirates and a black "coin" that gives bad luck. It might have blinded someone. Mid to late 90's when I saw it, I think.

>evil dead 3
nah like zero practical effects
and more orange tinted i think

I'm pretty sure it was in the louisiana swamp and theyre contemporary pirates like swamp rats.
I want to say it was either a modern setting or mid-late 1800s.

I would have rented this from hollywood video in the late 90s

i never saw it but i remember the back cover of the vhs. there was a picture where there were raining severed hands

Are you sure it was a boar? There is that one western where hunters track a giant white bull, are you sure it wasn't that? (I can't remember the name of that movie either, though).

>I remember a movie that had a showdown between a hunter and a giant boar in the woods in the snow.
The only thing I can think of is Razorback but i'm pretty sure there isnt any snow in that movie

I tried this for a while off and on here on Sup Forums for a few years, looking for a specific film that nobody remembered except for me apparently.

It got to the point where everyone had me convinced that maybe I really had dreamed it as a kid.

Turns out it was an Australian film loosely based on real events called "Fortress".

Basically a teacher and class of children get taken hostage by three men in a duck mask, a Santa mask(Father Christmas)and mouse mask.

The end of the movie had them fighting back and has a lot of Lord of the Flies influences.

At the end of the film, the children and the teacher stab the main one to death with sharpened sticks.

and after everything is said and done, they lie to authorities about kill8ng the captors.

The camera shows them in the classroom laughing at the end and gping about their school routine with everything back to normal.

Thenot the camera slowly pans to a glass jar as you hear a faint heart beat noise. Revealing a heart in the jar. Meaning they cut out the heart and kept it as a souvenir.

It's held up pretty damn well. I still really like it. It was made in 86 I believe.

Jeremiah Johnson?

youtu.be/FcsXC2xFis4?t=170

No, it sounds more like the Bronson film, White Buffalo.

youtu.be/xNnPerO7P8U479

Are you sure it wasn't a buffalo instead of a pig, OP?

You are absolutely right.

It was The White Buffalo with Charles Bronson.

I remember this movie where this guy was in a helicopter and it was super snowy and he was flying low to the ground and this dog was running away from the helicopter and this guy was fucking shooting at the dog with grenades and bullets and it was so much wasted ammo for a dog and the dog was dodging all the attacks and it went off into the snow. That's all I remember but its stuck with me because this guy was so fucking determined to kill a dog and his intention wasn't clear. Is he pissed the dog bit him? Did the dog take something? That alone has been bugging me for years because I will never know what the dog did to piss him off so much. I've never been able to find the movie because I don't know any quotes or character names and all I remember is that scene and no other part of the movie....anybody got any idea???

Was the teacher a woman, and do you see her swimming away and see a nip shot?

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

the thing
the plague hounds

Sci-fi comedy. Over-the-top rubber alien costumes mingling with a small number of humans (I assume all part of a group who stumbled upon this civilization) in a spacey, nightclub-ish setting, the interior architecture vaguely resembled pic related (lots of big white plastic-y elements iirc). In the scene one of the humans goes to use the washroom and is weirded out by it (it's implied the way aliens defecate is much different than what we're familiar with)

Horror movie

I think a black kid and his friend were running from something in a cornfield. His body then gets dismembered by vines or something like pulled apart by them.

Kid may have not been black

Indeed you do. She gets naked in front of one of the older boys.

It's implied later in the film that they might be a lot closers now. Made him a man and whatnot.

try children of the corn 3

Easily The Thing.
youtu.be/ku7qnh261CY

fuck yeah i saw that movie

>Japanese Animated film
>Involved two warring peoples, one of which worships a tree of life.
>love story between a girl and a guy from opposing sides.
>they either both commit suicide or the guy gets shot and the girl shoots herself in the head
>stopped watching from that point on, don't know how it ends exactly
pls help

Yeah, it had David Morse getting his ass kicked by a pack of niggers, then one almost drowns him in a bathtub.

And another from the Seventies that involved a carload of murderers chasing another car through a drive-in theater, and they exchanged gunfire.

It's pretty damn good.

A sci-fi movie of some kind. All I remember is there's a scene where I guy gets eye surgery or something to avoid being caught by changing his retina pattern, and wanders around his blue-lighted apartment blind,and drinks milk from a bleach bottle.

Minority Report

I remember going downstairs late at night for some water and my dad was watching some movie where some guy was stumbling around with one or both arms blown off. It was super gory with shit dangling off the wound and stuff. Looked like some old military movie like Rambo or something.

Minority Report. Tom Cruise.

RobertCop.

I don't think so. I remember it was in a jungle or something like that.

Yeah, Detroit.

I'm searching a movie with a man who live under bridge and he drink/smell gasoline. He lives with a woman and she dies near the end of the movie in a car accident.
>Pic not related.
Thanks a lot

>Do you have any movies you have hazy memories of that you would like to rediscover?

I do but not of a movie but of a picture book I once read as a elementary school kid.

here's a basic synpopsis of the book hopefully someone can give me the title or some clues:

>book is about a cat that dislikes being at home
>cat runs away from home
>cat becomes famous somehow and is seen enjoying the good life
>I believe the cat is eating grapes on a boat in Paris when the boat capsizes
>somehow the cat loses all of its money and is forced to return home
>the cat is welcomed back and realizes his owners were the best thing he could have in his life

if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. for some reason that simple picture book has stuck in my head since elementary school.

Samson & Delilah maybe

>tfw finally found it

The book is Cat you Better Come Home.

I damn near cried rereading it

a repressed shut in mamas boy with a severely overbearing mother (who drove his father to suicide) pines after a women from his high school days that he recently recontacted with
the one friend that pulls him out of his depression suicide spiral is a 12 year old girl that has cancer, doesn't have any friends because of it

he ends up shooting himself in the head when she dies, iirc the news gives his mother a heart attack and she dies, but he failed to kill himself, and gets a job as the graveyard groundskeeper which makes him happy, since he can visit his friend and his dad every day

yeah, it was some weird ass sundance channel shit

Excaliber

>
Excalibur 1981

I feel like this is an obvious popular movie but I haven't been able to think of it for years.

The only thing I remember is this girl getting a huge shard of glass in her thigh and slowly pulling it out in agony before moving on in panic. I think she was being chased but I'm not positive. I assume this is from a horror movie? I believe it was recent (2000 and beyond).

Saving Private Ryan?

Horrir movie I caught buts of as a kid.

One scene had a big snake that had mostly swallowed a girl (she dressed wealthy and maybe old-timey) with her feet sticking out of it's mouth.

Another scene had a woman going up to a pond at night where a bunch of ducks/geese were, and the ducks scattered to reveal a face in the water looking back at her. Forget if it was a body or a ghost.

Also these may have been two different movies that aired consecutively.

Platoon?
Hamburger hill?

>big as a house

It was a horror movie. The 'killer' wore a white/white-ish mask that featured sharp teeth. It might have been Satan's Little Helper, but I'm not sure.

For some reason I have this "memory" (could have been a dream idk) of a scene where this killer is trying to kill a girl who's locked herself in a car.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When I was a kid, I caught a glimpse of a movie(?) where someone was in some tall grass at night. A bloodied man -- and I mean very bloodied, like he just seemed red and black all over his skin, clothes, and hair, might have been charred maybe? -- suddenly pops out and possibly attacks the lone person. It stuck with me because it creeped the shit out of me. On walks back home at night, we would pass these specific bushes where I would fear a bloodied corpse dude would grab me.

I remember an underwater movie, there was a group of people in a sub or something and they sent someone down in the ocean through a hole in the floor of the sub to look for something, when they came back up they were in a vegetative state.

I think there was also revealed to be a huge underwater city.

Razorback?

>Several years ago on Chiller I saw a horror movie about 4-5 women locked in a metal room. Every few hours a guy dressed in a surgeon's outfit comes in and kills one of them for apparently no reason. Eventually it's revealed that it's post apocalypse and that it's all an experiment to produce enough emotion/rage/love/etc. to overload these psychic aliens that have since wiped out earth. The human experiment team have captured an alien and will feed the emotion into their hivemind, presumably wiping out their race. The main character is a woman who erased her memory before taking part in the experiment

Have tried this movie on both reddit and 4chin, never get an answer

That scene in Deadpool where Wade is trapped in that test tube thing that changes the oxygen levels in it. He lights a match to cause an explosion. Except I'm not asking about this movie because I remember a similar scene to this in another fucking movie and it bothered me for reminding me of it when I watched Deadpool in theaters.

Something similar happens in the TV show Hannibal except for the superpowers part

It must have been early 90's. All I really remember is that there were mutants in it. I think I remember there being a big monster shoe, and it may have talked or eaten someone. I also think it was a more light hearted movie.

Galaxy Quest?
The adventures of Pluto Nash?

A action medieval with possible fantasy elements move that I saw 10 years ago.

all I remember is a part of the movie where one of the protags is a woman that uses a file to sharpen her teeth to look like pic related. I think the group of mercs are suppose to protect a village or something.

some kids movie about this boy who lives near a lake and he goes missing and everyone thinks he drowns but it turns out he swam down to some into some kind of metal dinosaur robot (or something) and has been trapped in it

That's the Thing

some 80s movie where the kids of us navy seals break out their dads who are trapped in some communist country. all I remember is the ending when the US is about to open fire on them in a boat or plane or something but they see one of the kids has some very American t-shirt on.

Black and white
Plane crashes some place remote
Everyone starts getting killed
It was a clown or a clown's twin or something

I doubt you'll be able to help me out.

Back in 2002, when I was 7, I was watching this movie in a Spanish channel about zombies. The movie ended with some guys being trapped in a house and the zombies breaking in through the windows and doors. I think the ending shot of the movie was of a book being burned in a fireplace inside the house.

Since it was in the Spanish-language channel, I can't really tell if it was dubbed or an actual movie from Latin America...

I remember a anime movie they played late night on MTV in the mid 2000's
I think it had 3d cell shaded visuals
Some guy fights his way through a tower
He fights a his brother along the way
And the last battle is with his mother
Always wanted to watch again

Sup Forums has helped me find Spiders 2, 3000 Miles from Graceland and Monster Man, but nobody's been able to find this one.

It's some Chinese/Hong Kong film from earlier than the 2000s, and the ending has the main character talk to a girl only for her to walk away. While he's standing in shock two thugs approach him and stab him once each in the side. It then goes into a birds eye overhead shot of him dying with the rest of the crowd walking by him in the street before credits roll.

The abyss?

I remember a movie where a boy discovers that he's a robot after being raised by a human family

AI.

Sphere!

Pls respond

It was an older war movie. They're in Vietnam. It aint me starts playing. Help.

Something about Tom Hanks being stuck in a terminal I don't remember it was so long ago

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sphere?

that sounds like my diary tbqh

I saw a movie when I was very young, over two decades ago.

Strange horror-ish movie, I think from the 70s. Something about a famous performer who wore flashy costumes, kind of reminded me of a Ziggy Stardust type character. There are several deaths in the movie from what I remember. One involving an electrocution in a bathtub, another possibly involving stage lights crushing someone into a gorey mess. The whole vibe of the film was surreal and didn't make a ton of sense, but that could have been because I was 7 years old.

a children's animated movie set around the time of the first pilgrims on the mayflower. there's a matronly teacher and she builds a treehouse village with her students or something.

It was this horror movie where a paranormal skeptic rents out a haunted room in a hotel and a bunch of crazy shit happens later like digital bed clock starts going crazy and the windows are replaced with brick walls and the emergency exit map shows nothing and then a hangman's noose appears out of nowhere

Phantom of the Paradise?

Not sure since I haven't seen this since it came out, but 1408?

Oh, and there might have been some sort of "magic" or superpower based fight/death scene featuring lightning?