So Sup Forums

So Sup Forums,

What's the best way to cook a steak, and why is it medium rare?

And if you think otherwise, why are you allowing your palate to be deprived of such goodness?

Rare steak is best steak.

I like medium rare, but I cook it more on the rare side. I will take medium, past that the steak is ruined. At that point I might as well just have a hamburger.

Blue is my favorite, but rare is also good

I personally like rare. soft, tender, seared outside, and full of flavor. anything without a red center is beyond flavor. You might as well just go to mcdonalds or some shit. salt, pepper, butter, thyme, and garlic.

Blue every time. Best flavour from the caramelised outside and super tender on the inside

Sorry but blue to rare is best. Medium rare is mediocre tenderness and juice. Properly marinate and sous vide and you will have optimum flavor and juiciness when rare

Rare with lot of salt.

My man

This better be b8

Well done with ketchup

How fucking delusional are you people to think that blue rare and rare have "flavor". It just tasted like seasoned bubble-gum. Please get some taste. Medium rare to medium are the only acceptable degrees.

To be entirety honest, with sauce is the only way to eat well done, and it might as well be ketchup.

With heat like a fire since friction would fuck it up.

i dont think ive ever had a blue rare steak, its apparently uncommon knowledge but you CAN eat it blue rare, as long as it is seared all around the outside and you kill all potential bacteria it doesn't matter

Same, I have had raw beef and I have had rare, I have never just seared the outside of a steak though to have blue rare.

user speaks the truth. Blue rare eaters are edgelords.
>hurr durr I'm a connoisseur for eating raw meat

that'd probably be a decent sushi style dish you can make, just sear the outside and put that bitch on rice, seaweed, wasabi mmmhmmmmmm

Look at this faggot, bitch probably cant eat blue rare.

lmao I bet you don't even hunt down your own fucking cow and eat it right there on the spot

How does it feel to be retarded?

>cow
fucking pussy

Probably just doesn't want to because it's disgusting

There's a sushi place near where I live that does something similar. They slice beef to bologna thinness, drape it over a roll, and sear it with a propane torch.

Cook the steak in the oven at 275F on a cooling rack set inside a baking sheet till it reads 95-100F internal temp
Then sear over super hot charcoal for maybe 40-50 seconds per side.
That's some fine eating right there

but at that point wouldnt it be similar to taking a medium well or well done and draping it over something? im talking about searing a whole steak on the outside to kill any bacteria, then slicing it thin so the inside is still rare / raw,

Med rate + master race stay woke fgtfgt

Sounds good, last raw beef dish I had was not seared, just cut thin and served with a olive paste.

medium and medium-well. with a good seasoning and sauce it is enough to make a man weak in the knees.

I bet op uses montreal steak seasoning

fresh ground, black pepper on both sides
get grill glowing hot
sear the living fuck out of both sides while leaving center raw.
the only sauce that should touch a steak is horseradish
wash it down with cold brew

bitch, i aint risking getting salmonela again, well done or nothing

I guess. At that point its not really steak its just a really nice hamburger. Sounds good though.

people like this enjoy the taste of seasoning and sauce that just so happens to be on an enjoyable texture like a steak. that's fine, there's just a different group of people that prefer the natural flavor of the steak as-is with minimal seasonings.

I like a nice filet or ribeye medium rare, prepared with a light rub of pepper, coffee grounds, and a little sea salt to give it that nice crispy texture.

>Killing the cow before you eat it
Lmao fucking pleb taste. Missing out on the real experience.

well done here

i like how much is pisses people off

Blue rare and rare are raw. Medium is the best. Well done is too dry and has no flavour.

>this
Personally I fucking hate the texture of well done steak. I like my steak seasoned with a good marinade, then cooked medium rare.

You are such a fucking faggot, it is actually less queer to be fucked in your ass than like hot dog grade steak. What do you drink from a dick and balls juice box to go with it? You juvenile toddler faggot fuck.

Steak isn't chicken you dipshit

He could have gotten if from ground beef that was under-cooked or from low grade or poorly stored steak. The disease is not limited to chickens.

sounds dope

are you fucking retarded or you just enjoy the taste of semen?

You do realise any raw meat can be contaminated with salmonella right, it isnt just chicken and pork dipshit

The operative words being "undercooked" and "poorly stored". Regardless, that's still no excuse to cook every steak into a tire after one mishap.

kek

I agree, my point was that you can get Salmonella from beef.
What was your fucking point here?

>what is subjectivity

blue rare to medium rare. i love the blood.

Not blood, just water and myoglobin. The red color is because myoglobin is also a oxygen carrying protein, like hemoglobin.

yeah you know whjat i mean.

Wow, you faggots really will argue over anything.

>medium-well
>not medium and medium-rare

i'm broiled until 100% brown with this world

Cook that shit to ~145degF and you're fine, dipshit.

That wasnt our fucking point you autsit. We aren't saying you need to be super cautions of beef and nuke it to well done, we were just saying you can get salmonella from beef.

This is a common thread. Lurk moar

I exhaled sharply with a slight vocalization at the end.

This thread pops up at least every two weeks and every time its the same circle jerk of people who like meat less cooked vs people who like meat more cooked.

>charcoal meat = cooked

Overcooked, but still cooked. Thanks for helping prove a point anyways.

This is what people who order their meat well-done actually think.

Agree, 100%.