ITT

Mediocre albums somehow regarded as masterpieces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VCojia6LJ2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You picked quite a controversial album to judge

If you don't like Stress then get off this board.

Kek m8 that's not even in the top 5 songs of Cross

I don't think anyone here considers it a masterpiece, but as far as dance albums go, you can't deny it stands tall above literally all of it's contemporaries

listening to this yesterday I realised that TTHHEE PPAARRTTYY would actually be one of the best songs on the album if the kesha-esque vocals weren't there

pre-Kesha though. Not my favorite song but not as bad as people make it out to be

Album is mostly great and like said it's much more striking and memorable than most dance albums. Especially when it came out

the fuck do you mean "without the vocals"
if you don't scream along to that track about taking dudes back to your hotel room and sleeping with them, i'm sorry to tell you, but you might actually be a faggot

almost anything p4k has give a 10.

Nu-Sup Forums everyone

You are doing god's work exposing these talentless hacks. Most of their songs are stolen from Debo, Michael Jackson or Thomas Bangather(Daft Punk). AVD shows how uncreative and delusional they are at actually composing music.

man i was watching some wrestling match live and then this one guy who won later on came to the ring to the first Justice track from that EP
shit was pretty cash i had fun

>but as far as dance albums go

this is the kind of thing that only a rockist would say with a straight face

If by "comtemporaries" you mean rest of the ed Banger shill gang, then yeah. It has a few good songs, but the rest is literally overhyped hipster garbage.

i don't understand how much praise this was getting; its alright but so forgettable. Also religious music is annoying

>religious music is annoying
t. embryo

agree

we had enough of that gospel shit man people gotta find a new meme

Agreed, I enjoyed Acid Rap much more. It seems like every fucking normie on my college campus has one of those "3" hats now

not an argument hipster faggot

Spot on, but they never were trying to seem religious.

It's a masterpiece of the dance genre.

Listened to it a few times and dont see the appeal

The end of Epilogue doesn't make you curl up into a ball and cry like a bitch over some future cancer victim QT you'll meet?

this loop is just absolute genius, sorry man

Not really. Cancer victims are usually all skinny and bald after chemo, not qt 3.14 tier

I had to go through a really shitty relationship with a very psychologically unstable and damaging person, so Hospice actually is one of my favourite albums, but that's purely because of personal reasons and because I relate to it and find comfort in the lyrics.

The album is not literally about falling in love with a cancer victim, but I guess everyone's interpretation works

please explain

Yeah, I know it's not literal but the imagery is so strong it's hard not to think about that when discussing it.

>the ed Banger shill gang
what the fuck are you even talking about

get off Sup Forums for a bit mate your brain is being melted by 16 year old shitposters

Didn't they steal more songs on AVD though? What compositions did they steal on Cross?

Yeah I guess everyone thinks about something different in their own personal way. The imagery of emotional abuse strikes me the hardest, though.

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Every other popular indie album from 2000-present
Most p4k bnms
Every arca album

i thought i had the wrong song when "how great is our god" played for about 5 min on this album

this, never understood the hype

2007 was a simpler time

this

When has this ever been considered a masterpiece ever? It's a solid 7/10 if you enjoy electronic but far from a masterpiece.

You should have posted pic related.

>Debo
Debo from the Friday movies...?
youtube.com/watch?v=VCojia6LJ2c

So I agree the album has a whole isn't as good as everyone wishes it was but When Doves Cry is one of the best singles of the 80s and no one will ever tell me otherwise.

>expect to hate this
>actually love it
uh ok thanks I guess?

REMOVE THIS CUNT

This guy is just being edgy, cross has always been liked here

Too many big features that keep the album from having any personality. I would like to hear the version of same drugs with Regina Spektor though, and Finish Line / Drown is a guilty pleasure

>Every arca album
Sound texture, and production. He knows how to make some really outlandish sounds.

b8

>if you don't like vapid garbage you're baiting
nu-Sup Forums everybody

>LYSF is liked by nu-Sup Forums and is vapid garbage
It's okay if you don't understand and/or enjoy the album, friend. Everyone has opinions.

and that's why the album's a masterpiece

>Don't understand
There's not much to understand, it's sounds like Hans Zimmer attempting to make a symphony

D.A.N.C.E ruins it for me

Devo*

delet now

what the fuck?

Holy shit you have no soul

the fuck is wrong with you lad

Its super corny, I agree. Back in the day when it came out is like almost 10 years ago. Everyone loved it. 1 year later after that people were already tired of the song played everywhere.

who hurt you

>when you try to be contrarian for attention, but you go too far

I always get argued on this, but I'll post it anyway. I just don't fucking get this album, or SY in general.

I don't think anyone regards this as a masterpiece

These are correct

Pleb opinion

I honestly wonder if all the replies are of an ironic samefag or if Sup Forums really fallen this low

How many times did you listen to it

Atleast 3 or 4 times all the way through, but I've listened to certain songs more. I've never had an album I like take longer than that to hit me.

Also FWIW I'm a big fan of most of their contemporaries and influences.

Acid Raps was way better

Aside from Thhe Party (the one with the annoying kesha sounding girl) and DVNO all the other songs are pretty tight though, and they work very well together as an album.
I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, but it's a great album. Calling it mediocre is just being contrarian really.

>i don't understand how much praise this was getting
Ok I'll explain it for you. He's the first artist to make rap bubbly and friendly in a majorly mainstream way. Watch the trend take hold. He got away with it on acidrap cause he was rapping about drugs, without acid rap nobody would know this album. I love acidrap but I'll admit it's objectively pretty shit, lyrically as well as musically.

Hated it for years
>then it clicked

the fuck man

lol faggot

It's a perfect hip-Pop album

yeah I don't really get this one either. Seems like above average synth pop at best

You haven't listened to it enough

Not his best, but your opinion is still incorrect.

It is. You know a better synth pop album?
>inb4 bad genre/music has to be complex to be "good"

this

I thought this too but the way he describes the end of life and cancer is too fucking real. Epilogue really hits the nail on the head in regards to describing how emotionally turbulent a dying person can be.

You can't take Grimesposters seriously. They're like Kanyefags in that they call everything their artist makes genius, except subly jokingly? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

>You know a better synth pop album?
There are many

>You know a better synth pop album?

Literally any other. Grimes is mega-shite.

I completely agree. it's corny as fuck, and by far the worst song on the album.

Just quit listening to music, you've failed too hard on a fundamental level . . .

Yeah that's what everyone says. Guess I need to go back to it. What about it makes it such an inaccessable listen?

What was it about it that made it click? Also, what makes it so hard to access in the first place? No other 80's underground rock takes that long to hit you.

>pop music
Alright, I'll bite. If Run the Jewels is pop rap, what do you consider authentic hip hop?

Since when has that ever stopped anyone from having an opinion on this site?

It only took about 2 listens for me to start seeing what was good about it, but I'd say it's one of those albums that grows on you rather than "clicks" suddenly.

It's one of my favourite albums because it sounds like a culmination of everything they'd attempted so far in their career brought together into a single package and infused with the minimalist improvisatory style they were experimenting with in the studio at the time, as well as a general higher level of songwriting quality, featuring effective use of counterpoint, jazz harmonies and infectious, anthemic melodies.

I'd say the reason this album is generally less accessible than other 80s college rock is that SY's music is informed much more strongly by Krautrock, jazz and the classical avant-garde. Most people I imagine go into it expecting either a fairly straightforward indie rock album (in which case they should be listening to Sister), or abrasive noise rock (in which case they should be listening to Confusion Is Sex). I'd say DDN fits most accurately under the label of "art rock" or "experimental rock", although those are both fairly vague terms.

literally every radiohead and kanye west album

It's not that good of an album but it got some good cuts on it.

I think it's good but not very consistent.
Would've prefered the whole album to be noisy electro/house with the funk elements instead of those cheesy dance songs. There's not many of those type of songs, but I still skip them to get to the actual meat of the album, which are songs like Stress and Waters of Nazareth.

Thanks. Yeah 2 listens is about normal for good music to click.

I listen to a lot of Krautrock, and I'm big into Minutemen, Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du, Pixies, etc etc. I went into Daydream expecting it to become a favorite, but it just bores me.