Humanz

So let me get this straight

I waited six years for a mix of various artists that only includes Damon here and there for 20 fucking seconds

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I do consider myself a Gorillaz fan. I love really different stuff. But this.... this just felt so disappointing. I'm really trying to like it at all, but I just can't.

Like seriously this album fucking sucks so far compared to their old stuff. This doesn't even sound like the same band

I'm all for new sounds, but it's like the band is literally absent. Who are all these features and where the fuck are the gorillaz

>intro ends
>ascension comes on
>oh I guess this is the second song now

That was really awkward.

I think we can all agree that the intro/interludes are utterly pointless.

Completely, probably the most blatant filler I've ever seen on an album.

>filler
an album with 20 + songs doesn't need filler, this is an absurd term to use here

most of them are just ill fitting

Can someone explain why Damon sings through a fucking compression filter the entire time. It sounds like they recording him through a cell phone.

I don't know what else to call it. They're utterly pointless and don't really help the lack of cohesion the album has. Filler really isn't the best term but what else can we call them that gets across the utter banality of them?"

this, can't stand this interlude for the sake of an interlude thing... it worked for albums like good kid maad city but here it's just pointless

There are two reasons Gorillaz exist:

To make the music about the music not the artists, and to fuck with genre.

Maybe its because I listen more to the music rather than the vocals in general, but I don't really care if there is a more noticeable absence of Damon.

I really liked Busted and Blue, with no feats

He actually appears on 11 tracks of the 14 non interludes

there are 19 non interludes my man

I'm talking about standard

alright

How can a group that's essentially become entirely about collabs so amazingly shit at collaborating?

Is there a single rap verse on this album that actually fits well with the beat?

If we're talking about Deluxe then it's 15 of 19

and of 19 only 1 solo, am I right?

I really like the album so far, but it lacks some character imho, it's a shame there is only one solo Albarn track

If you want damon listen to blur faggot

anybody got a link for a bro?

Who the fuck are all these dorks they featured? What a pile of shit.

>All this complaining when Albarn's singing voice is shit

Anyone got a link?

Spotify you niggers

I'm very confused by people who treat "Gorillaz" as literally only meaning "Damon singing" and not the part where he actually makes the music as well.

Damon feels forced and useless. Does nothing for the songs.

Disappointing as fuck.

"Gorillaz' fifth album was intended to be a dystopian fiction. Damon Albarn envisioned a future in which America would suffer a disaster so seismic that the only possible response would be the party to end all parties. On November 8th 2016 said imagined event became reality, leaving Albarn and co-creator Jamie Hewlett in the perfect position to provide the apocalyptic party they’d dreamt up."

It's literally saying "TWUMP BAD WAAH"

Jesus Christ.

Why is Submission considered a Gorillaz song if it's just Kelela ft. Danny Brown? Are we supposed to pretend that Kelela is Noodle?

>Are we supposed to pretend that Kelela is Noodle?

Yes.

Didn't you know?

Noodle is actually transracial. She's a Japanese girl based on that chick from Cibo Matto but she identifies as a nigger.

Boohoo, bitch. Are you going to shit yourself in anger?

This album sounds very, very Disney Music

who cares I like Momentz it sounds good to my ears

>terrible album
>shitty message
>YOU NEED A DIABER BABBY???

Kill yourself.

With the exception of 2D the cartoon characters all play instruments.

>caring about the message more than the music

Yeah, you're a bitch

I quite like it

>submission
>carnival
>busted and blue
>she's my coller
>out of body
>ticker tape
>the apprentice
>ascension
>saturn barz
>we got the power
>andromeda
>charger

I like it

>Right wing complains about left wing complaining
>Right wing complains anytime anyone says anything bad about their glorious emperor
Man I dont care about politics, but youre just a fucking baby

it's a fucking mess, theres no cohesion between the tracks and some of the collabs (which are most of the songs on the album) are just fucking awful.

the singing doesn't match the beat or the backing track at all and it just hurts to listen to

busted and blue and andromeda are the only tracks that feel like gorillaz

>the singing doesn't match the beat or the backing track at all and it just hurts to listen to
I think youve been drinking too much of the kool-aid here man

This "Gorillaz is only Damon/2D singing" meme needs to stop.

>Rap
>Rap
>Rap
>Rap

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS FUCKING SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why is Dare and All Alone Gorillaz songs?

t. white kid

What is: Clint Eastwood

not him but the message is as important as the music you fucking retard

Probably what people know him best by e.g Feel Good.

No, it's about Damon collaborating and bringing out the best in the people he's working with. All these songs just feels like he forced himself in, because hey, it's Gorillaz.

Yeah nah its shit.
At least Clint was still an indie track at heart. This album got me all kinds of fucking mad.

I'm fucking fuming. Liam is gonna be bumming Damon on twitter for this.

I like it, but I'm not blown away. Not enough guitar/bass/drums, too much synth/drumkits

Its pretty close but misses the mark

I like:
Charger
She's my collar
Out of body

lmao what's this high school bullshit

Are you 12?

"Who gives a fuck what Liam thinks about Gorillaz" -Noel

>Indie track
Wha...no
Ok honestly man you dont actually know what youre talking about
Do you mean Indie as in "Not as popular as other artists?" Cause thats really what it seems like

>indie track
>from the frontman one of the biggest british bands in the world at the time
hahahahahaha

listen to demon days, listen to plastic beach. my complaint is not his absence, its that it sounds like shit without him. they've managed to make some excellent songs without his voice in the past. i just don't think these hit the same bar of quality as their previous works.

this is objectively their worst album, feels like a massive step backwards.

if i wanted to listen to shitty directionless edm i'd go on some reddit youtube playlist lmao

Fucking Americans, don't even try to talk about British music lads. Clueless cunts.

Why would you assume we're american

Oh ok yeah good rebuttle

>this is objectively their worst album
That would be the fall, the most damon centric one

It still feels weird considering The Fall a Gorillaz album given how it came from Damon mostly fucking around with his ipad while on tour.

>i forgot that existed,it was so bad

ok i concede on that point

but humanz is still fucking terrible

Man fuck this, the album has more than enough of Damon singing, especially after Submission.

Andromeda is the high water mark here, everything else is sub par.

This ain't got shit on Demon Days.

It hurts that Submission sounds so much better live with drums.

The album doesn't sound BAD to me. It just sounds BORING as fuck.

Charger shits on Andromeda.

I'm really enjoying she's my collar. It's really good.

andromeda and ascension are the best two on the album the rest is meh

it's not bad, probably a 6/10

Didn't they say MF Doom was going to be on this album?

I could only wish.....

It's a fine album. About the same quality as Plastic Beach, however conceptually I like that album a lot more than this one.The quality of the tracks are pretty consistent, but the high points of this album never really reach the same heights as the ones on Plastic Beach. Demon Days is still untouchable though.

Demon Days > Plastic Beach > Humanz = Gorillaz

You seem pretty angry dude. Maybe you should head back to pol to get your opinion dick stroked.

>it's my first time listening to the album btw

just marathoned the first two tracks and its pretty cool so far

because the interludes either advanced the narrative of the album in some way or it was tacked on at the end of a song. Humanz just sucked

I think Damon lost the 2D voice and it using a filter to simulate it, but it just comes out bad

but if the music itself sucks, it's just poor execution. even the instrumentals felt unoriginal and not gorillaz.

there were a few songs that were pretty solid. Ascension works, and the Danny Brown song. If you count the bonus tracks, then the apprentice and out of body were good in terms of features

She's My Collar as well

>humanz just sucked

it came out today you fucking aspie and you already passed your final judgment. that is how i know you are autistic and can disregard your opinion.

the sound effects that stop the music are complete shit though

No

Agreed.

Bloat?

It's been streamed before release multiple times.

The only songs I liked aside from the ones that they released before release are She's my Collar and Busted and Blue

wow this album objectively sucks lol

2D plays keys. Even his background mentions he's obsessed with keyboard.

Gorillaz is all about guest artists....but still, going from Lou Reed to shitty millenial rappers is dissapointing.

No, he does it fine in one in Let me Out, and Saturn Barz

Damon didn't lose the 2D voice. The filter wasn't used in Andromeda.

>I think Damon lost the 2D voice
He didn't listen Charger.

Saturnz Barz, Ascension, Charger, and The Apprentice are literally the only tracks that stand out for me. The rest isn't bad, but it just feels like painfully average post-James Blake electronic RnB

I liked it the first time I listened to it. After I let it set and listened to it a couple more times, I realized it's just underwhelming. I'm still going to listen to it and maybe I'll change my view, but it's just that right now.

DRUMPF

I liked the Vince Staples song. Every other song was forgettable

I'm sick of people saying this. Gorillaz is not all about guest artists. They've never had more than a few on each album. It's always been Albarn's voice that gave them their iconic sound.

Correction: iPad.

So I waited 6 years for an album that was rushed together over less than a year.