I've kinda been aware of this for a while... but yesterday, randomly...

I've kinda been aware of this for a while... but yesterday, randomly, I came across a couple of videos that piqued my interest - and now my mind is blown and I'm kinda scrabbling around on the floor wondering what the hell is going on.

So, the Mandela Effect is a whole bunch of things that a lot of people remember differently to how they actually are. For example, the guitarist from the who is called Pete Townsend. But now, his surname contains an "h" that wasn't there before. Not only is he now Pete Townshend, but he's always been Pete Townshend. And if you hook out an old vinyl from the 70's - he's got an "h" back then too. The whole timeline is buggered.

In Snow White, "Mirror, mirror on the wall" is now "Magic mirror on the wall".

In Forrest Gump he doesn't say "Life is like a box of chocolates", he says "Life was like a box of chocolates".

In Jaws, it's not "We're gonna need a bigger boat", it's "You're gonna need a bigger boat".

Darth Vader doesn't say "Luke, I am your father", he's say's "No, I am your father".

Sex in the City is now called Sex and the City (and apparently - always has been).

It's really subtle little things, but it's killing me.

And here's the one that I cannot get my head around. It's more for the Americans among us... but it's a crazy one. I lived in the States for a couple of years at the end of the 90's. I used to read my kids a series of books about the Berenstein Bears. But, as of now - They're called the Berenstain Bears. With an "a".

I can't get my head around this at all. The girl in this video sums it up perfectly...

youtu.be/-T6s7zb2-c0

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?

Other urls found in this thread:

dwavesys.com/quantum-computing
youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w
donaldmarshall.proboards.com/board/1/general-board
news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2199&dat=19920812&id=SVszAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2OYFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1671,2772248&hl=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai#/media/File:Ahu-Tongariki-2013.jpg
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/202/629/57c.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is piqued even a word?

People are deluded. It always was Sex and the City. All you do is double guess yourself and commit to hysteria, which is a confirmed human psyche disorder.

Yeah.

Some people say peaked.

Some people are idiots.

Alladin: instead of shining shimmering splendor it's shining shimmering splendid

Again, all you're doing is double guessing yourself and learning what the actual lyrics of the song are, instead of the words you thought you heard. Listen to any song you're unfamiliar with, try and repeat key lyrics throughout the song - you'll get some wrong.

"Life was like a box of chocolates" doesnt sound right

Again, what you thought you heard vs what the script actually said and was spoken.

(high_quality_bait.jpg)

but life is like a box of chocolates sounds better so fuck you

Theyre all really good examples OP. I'd heard the Berenstain Bears one before, but the rest (except Sex and the City) are pretty mind blowing.

This has been disturbing me for some time now.

About 18 months ago, at a friends house, his kid played the Warner Bros cartoon DVD Looney Toons except it was called Looney Tunes. I said to my friend I thought it was Toons not Tunes. He thought it was Toons as well. After checking the internet it's actually Tunes. I watched those cartoons on TV in the 70's as well as in the cinema before the main film. It was always Toons and Tunes just looks odd to me.

Also, I read the Anne Rice books, it was Interview with A Vampire. Never Interview with The Vampire. Looking at my copy of the book it doesn't look right, it's out of place.

samefag here "life was like a box of chocolates" doesnt make sense anyway

What_Delusion_Looks_Like.png

Do yourself a favour and read any book or novel around the time period of FG. The way they speak and the phrases they use with the southern drawl.

You're just deluding yourself man.

Or, you're wrong and you're that egotistical the only explanation is some magical effect, because that's more likely than you being wrong. Use your brain dumb-ass.

nah ill stick with what i know

Okay Mr. Enlightened - you do that. You just look uneducated as fuck.

The geography ones are crazy. The stuff that's so wrong right now is:

The position of Australia, no way it was that far north and that close to Papua New Guinea.

Sicily, absolutely was further south and away from Italy. If you google it and look at the map it doesn't even have a name on the island now. Malta which is much smaller has a name but Sicily doesn't? I remember it used to.

South America, the entire continent of South America has moved east by a huge amount. It used to be more directly under North America.

The Panama canal. Pretty sure I remember reading about how they built the panama canal from east to west and west to east and met in the middle. It now runs north to south.

Also, what the fuck is Svalbard? Where did that come from?

When we talk about what might be causing this we seriously have to consider quantum computing. If you look at D-Wave's site it has the tag line:

"A quantum computer taps directly into the fundamental fabric of reality – the strange and counterintuitive world of quantum mechanics – to speed computation."

dwavesys.com/quantum-computing

Now Google and CERN both have one of these systems, there is no way that anyone can tell me that this doesn't have the potential to mess with the nature of this holographic reality.

Someone's been watching too much anime

You only remember them that way because you were a kid. Honestly prior to discovering this, when was the last time you'd watched Snow White?

you cant even see me noob

>i shouldve posted john cena

i know there's nothing dumber than Sup Forums but please

I just experienced something similar watching The Mighty Ducks. I vividly remember Hans handing Gordon Bombay a pair of size six skates, and Gordon saying he wears size nine, then Hans says to wear size six socks. I remember because even as a kid it struck me as impossible. But on Netflix, Hans actually gives him size 9 1/2, and says to wear thick socks. Tell me I'm not alone in remembering it this way.

If you believe in the Mandela effect you're a fucking idiot

wat if pingu was not kill

The tense is a bit weird. Doesn't help that half the quote is left off.

In my mind I had always frased it like so;
"My momma always said [that] life was like a box of chocolates; You never know what you're gonna get."
(ie not directly quoting his mother)
In which case the "was" is less out of place.

Nah way man always was toons. Like cartoons. Shits all fucked up

Oh my god people are so fucking retarded

Go back to the wwyd threads cuck

The whole Mandela effect garbage is just a bunch of people going "HURH I MEMBUR DIS BEIN SPELT DIFFURNT WHEN I WUZ 8 YEARS OLD."

No fucking shit you remember it different because you all grew up with autism.

quads confirmed

Thats so weird I was just thinking about this shit. For years I was told this was called the "Mandela Effect" but thats not the case in reality and it hasnt been for years. Apparently what its really called is "Not fucking paying attention."

Weird, huh? Obviously multiple universes can I borrow someones foil hat and bong?

itt: schizophrenia

It used to be: OP is a faggot, now no one uses memes anymore, faggots

People think the Monopoly man, Rich Uncle Pennybags, has a monocle, but he doesn’t.

No they dont it was the fucking planters peanut. Anybody who thinks monopoly man had a monocle has less memory retentiveness and is thus a less superior breed of human. Should use these as a test to purge out the weak blood.

Its basically saying that many people believe, no make that remember Mandela died in the 1980s. I happen to be one of these people. I specifically recall his funeral on TV on the news even. And I recall that in 1980 or thereabouts right after the movie the Jerk, Bernadette Peters died choking on some food in a restaurant. Yet both are alive today and fine in this time line unlike the time line in my memory and others memories.

Also, in my memory C3P0 was all brass or gold color. In this time line he has one silver leg from the knee down and foot on the right leg. In my memory the line in the movie Star Wars was "Luke, I am your father!" but in this time line its "NO! I am your father!"

In my memory it was always mirror mirror on the wall! But in this time line apparently its Magic Mirror on the wall! Unlike my memory!

I remember Silence of the Lambs and the famous line "Hello Clarisse" when Foster comes to the jail cell to ask to interview him but in this time line its not there!!!?

Also, and probably most importantly I remember a continent called Taured that was on the other side of Australia and its another big island big as New Zealand almost and I recall seeing it on maps and discussions about it in school as a child but in this time line that continent is not there and no one knows about it!!!! And there was an island and a big one in the north sea off of Ireland that was well known also not known about here in this time line. I don't know if it is there or not but its not on maps like I remember as a kid. I can never recall the name of this one though. Its not Doggerland or the other island out there in ancient aliens. This one is further north.

In my time line the show Gilligans Island was completely filmed on Theodore Rossevelt Island. In this time line that isn't the case and it was filmed in many locations on different islands and even in the studio sets.

thats because Berenstein (or any name ending in -stein) is a popular jewish name

the german word for amber is Bernstein

the creators of the books are called Berenstain, and thats what the called the bears. deal with it, your mind is lazy

>"Luke, I am your father!"
Its just wrong, the entire dialogue leading up to that would make that sound retarded

>mirror mirror on the wall!
>Mandela died in the 1980s

Both still no. How old even were you during these times? And when was the last time you watched snow white?

You remember things wrong. You just want it to be some crazy multiverse theory you didnt have to go to college to understand, but in reality you have poo brain. You've whipped yourself into a paranoia because you so desperately want to believe that you couldnt have remembered something wrong.

You have shit memory retention, and now youre letting that lead you into becoming delusional because you reject reality. Basically all the qualities of a Hillary voter.

Its basically wrong, and an excuse to make people with shit memory feel better about likely becoming future dementia patients.

which one is real? don't look it up just guess!

easy the one on the left u fucking moron.

kinda obvious ...

I could've sworn that the WrestleMania XX main event was a triple threat, but every source I've seen lists it as a singles match between HHH and HBK.

Biggie Small says "I love it when you call me Big Papa." Not, "I love it when you cook me fresh pasta."

Most of this shit amounts to mis-heard lines, not false beliefs. Forrest Gump's mother *does* say, "Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest..."

shit. does anyone else feel this parainoid sensation creeping on him from behind. fuck am i dreaming right now?

Imagine it after, "My momma used to say..." and you'll get it. But the actual line, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." is elsewhere in the film.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

i can feel it mate. i think reality is changing again ...

Okay this freaks me out a bit.

Maybe the world is really a simulation?

>A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix...

>...it happens when they change something.

>...it happens when they change something.
>THEY
>...
HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

silence. don't talk abou this!

Yes. The universe could very well be a simulation. Doesn't really change anything except for the implication of creators.

CERN LHC and Mandela Effect connections - I think I've figured it out....

The LHC was turned on in early 2010, that’s the same time period when most people started reporting the Mandela effect start to happen. It’s been said that the LHC has the capacity to destroy the universe if used improperly. It’s also supposed that we live in a multiverse. What I propose is that the LHC IS destroying universes (hence the statue of Shiva destroyer or world’s outside of CERN) and that every time a universe is destroyed our souls are merged with a universe that wasn't and we carry on only from time to time noticing differences between our own personal memories and what is in recorded history.

Even Elon Musk said it.
He's rich and highly intelligent...
youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w

AHHH YES FINALLY. Someone has finally made the connection with the LHC/CERN and the Mandells Effect.
yes you're not the only one who has claimed this publicly there is a man named Donald Marshall who has claimed publicly that this is exactly what he knows to be the case - CERN is directly causing the shifts. He says he was made to experience the same day five or more times in a row. He is highly ridiculed by ignorant mainstream internet users because of the plethora of information he has disclosed about the CLONING CENTER and involvement of countless celebrities and world leaders (or merely clones of these people.)
donaldmarshall.proboards.com/board/1/general-board

OP is onto something

THIS. I'm a german physics master and writing my 'doktorarbeit' right now.

i have strange a feeling that we are all fucked now that we now this :/

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2199&dat=19920812&id=SVszAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2OYFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1671,2772248&hl=en
Personally, I don't believe in The Mandela Effect - I actually believe this clipping just goes to prove that even back in the early 90's people had the stein/stain mix-up and probably thought nothing of it.
But have a look and see for yourself what you think. If there's any good people who are good at cleaning up images they can see if the book in the image says -stain or -stein

What do you think is more likely; we've somehow entered some sort of new timeline where the only discernible differences are minor changes in lines of movies? Or is it that that your memory of movies and/or other media you may not have seen in a while is a little bit shit?

we should all stop investigating this shit right now. maybe people with schizophrenia just know some shit that we don't ...

this is my first post here, I absolutely love theories. I've been crazy about this ME thing, and I started to think about the possibility of dimensions colliding, I know that someone already probably thought of something like this.
*sorry for the bad english and sorry for my paint skills
here's a great representation of what I was thinking

sounds pretty defensive to me. i assume you know how CERN works right? maybe you are the one defending yourself against your own false memories.

>Oscar Mayer
wait a minute ...

neuroscience reporting in.

I think it's just a cognitive bias that fills in information where our brain thinks it should be. Quick: who wrote "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?" If you said "Ronald Dahl," congratulations...you are wrong! His name is "Roald Dahl." I had a librarian in the third grade who pronounced his name "Ronald Dahl," just the same.

So you are telling me he never actually said...
>...that?

There is no modern neuroscientist who believes in this model of cognition. Not trying to be a dick...this is the old model.

shiiiiiat

true, in the movie he says "no, I am your father"

"Excuse me, while I kiss this guy" - Jimi Hendrix

I'm 100% sure those were called Sketchers

Kek

always drew him with a black tail as a kid. Now I'm scared.

Puppets.

Kek

My brain is confused!

dubs for first post, you life can only get worse form here. Also nice doodle

No, it was always froot in this case. I remember because when I was a kid, my pencil box was made out of a froot loops box. Super ghetto, but that's how I remember it.

>Monopoly
>Monocle
>Reality is falling apart right now

"..kiss this fly"

Pickachu does have a black tail!
I have an original pokemon plushie! It has a black tail!
Checked out pokemon show! Black tail!
Checked out pictures on google! Black tail!
So wtf?

Easter Island is full of MEs:
In the past, we covered that the Easter Island statues are an ME for some. They used to be just big heads, now the are smaller heads with pot belly bodies that were mostly buried (which is the story for why many remember only heads). : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai#/media/File:Ahu-Tongariki-2013.jpg
So I watched a documentary on the island yesterday. I have seen documentaries on it before, and they were different. Story I got from previous documentaries: The people died out long ago and had no writing so we don't know why but surmise it is because they cut down all the trees and could not survive without wood for boats and fishing and whatnot. They were still there when early European boats and gone through the area but then later were completely gone. All that was left was the iconic heads and a few stone tools but not much was known about the people. The island was preserved as historical site with no one living there.
New story: lack of trees hurt the people of the island but most died from disease brought by Europeans and by being kidnapped by same and taken for slaves. A peak population of 20,00 native people dropped to a bit more than 100 natives surviving which were forcibly converted to Christianity and others moved in to farm the land. The native blood became diluted over time and the island was repopulated and now close to 6,000 people live there.

OK, think about this.
What if these changes are a result of time travel?
Some scientist went back in time, stepped on a caterpillar he wasn't supposed to, and altered the future in a very subtle way. It could change things.
This might be our first proof of time travel, and whomever invented it doesn't want us to know.

no this is how I remember it too but there never was a black tail. it's a glitch ... in reality.

Holy Shit!

Does anyone remember Marty smoking pot in Back to the Future? I saw it in the theater when it was first released. In the scene where Marty got locked in the trunk. Remember those guys were like "We don't want to mess with reefer heads" when they saw the band smoking weed. Anyway the band gets Marty out of the trunk, and just before he runs off he takes a big hit off one of the band guy's joint. I remember it got a huge laugh in the the theater. It seems to have disappeared now.

i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/202/629/57c.png

>wtf
>this is fake
>looks soo wrong
>i played every single pokemongame there is
>don't try to fuck with my brain Sup Forums