Who is the new bjork?

who is the new bjork?

Me. I'm the new Bjork.

Bjork 2

bold claim

I doubt if there will be a need for new Bjork. Mainly because of the masses, which were taught to 'consume' the junkiest 'content', also in music.

bork

Are we all pretending that Grimes isn't the obvious answer?

Me

She has to make good music first

Fuck you you damn well know what's gonna happen.

>Who's the new Bjork?
>GRIMES OF COURSE LOL!
>No she isn't
>yes she is

There. I saved you reading the thread.

Who said she left?

Gandalf

this is a useless post because of Vulnicura

she already did good music. all her 4 albums are great and were critically acclaimed. it's irrelevant if you dislike her music.

Kate Bush

she's older than bjork........

I personally don't agree, but it's been said.

So just throwing it out there.

I love her stuff so far, but to be the next bjork you need a long string of good LPs. I'm not sure if she's going to pull it off, but I sure hope so.

Migos

Lorde

>thinking there will actually be another Björk

she gets carried hard by Arca though

style over substance

If you actually take this album seriously then bjork is the new grimes.

Grimes!

Let's get real here

What about Grimes?

What about her? Makes mediocre Synth Pop, can't sing, can't perform live and isn't fit to sniff Bjork's bicycle seat. What about her?

>blocks you path

There is not a single female pop artist after Björk who did not imitate her format of art pop. The worst offender is Grimes, who would not have a career without Björk (like the new-wave bands of the 1980s would not have a career without Don Van Vliet).

also groundbreaking

no, grimes is a fucking prude.

What do you mean? Did bjork have a gang bang phase?

Shakira

no, but she has nudes out there & grimes is always bitching about everyone wanting to fuck her.

and there aren't grimes nudes.

yeah im gonna have to say me. Im the new bjork

Fuck grimes. I can't take her seriously when she like Justin Bieber and hate ambient music

Arca is objectively the new Bjork.

But Grimes sounds nothing like Bjork. She's more influenced by pop artists like t.A.T.u. and IDM like Aphex Twin.

>Makes mediocre Synth Pop, can't sing, can't perform live
>implying the subjective opinions of a neet like you really matter
Keep your shitty/plebby opinions to yourself, buddy.

But it's groundbreaking. Name someone who did songs like Oblivion, Scream, Dream Fortress, Realiti and Circumambient. If you can.

>hate ambient music
WTF? Who lied to you?

She literally says it in her Whats In My Bag for Amoeba

People want to fuck her? Since when

All girls bitch about that

underrated

only the attractive onse

Arca's production sounds uncanny and very messy, while Bjork's early solo singles sound more radio friendly and straight forward.

*tips*

They're not bitching about you.

Is the old one dead already?

No.

Noodle is the new Bjork.

wot

I want to say laurel halo but I'm probably wrong

You mean only the not totally hideous ones, so almost all of them

there is no replacement for björk. only björk.

I don't think a person who's heavily influenced by medieval music and wrote a thesis on it hates ambient.
Judging by her lastfm her taste might be influenced by Sup Forums or rym, I think she claimed to love some things and hate some others just to be controversial.

what's her lastfm?

Yeah it's between her and Grimes imo. I would like to see what her and Grimes could make together also, even though it would have no intelligble lyrics.

>tfw btfo

Arca