DCEU prediction thread

ITT: we predict the commercial and critical reception of the future films in the DC Extended Universe, as well as the direction of the franchise as a whole.

My predictions:
>Suicide Squad is a moderate success, enough to ensure a sequel
>Wonder Woman underperforms and is panned
>Justice League underperforms and is panned
>other characters' solo movies might be ok (too soon to say imo) but it won't matter, because the damage to the franchise will already be done
>the franchise gets scrapped after the end of Phase 1

>Suicide Squad is a moderate success

it's gonna be a whole lot more than a moderate success

Batman is gonna be the only good one in that heap of shit

Suicide Squad is going to show Warner Bros. that it's the kind of superhero movies that people want and they're going to model every movie from then on after it.

A grimdark or realistic Green Lantern reboot would be pretty good. A tongue in cheek depiction of Shazam with The Rock could be decent as well.

A buddy cop GL (presumably with Hal and John) would be god-tier
We'll never get it tho

Just give me a good Batman Bat al bin Fleck.
And Green Lantern, I dont have any more hope for a good Superman until Snyder is dead.

Projections of 125mil opening weekend. Fingers crossed. I don't know why we cant just enjoy everything. DC or Marvel, who gives a shit? Just have a good time with movies.

How would you feel about a movie set in the Injustice storyline?

Suicide Squad is going to do well with teens, young adults, and 30 yr olds with arrested development issues.

WW will reveal the whole story in the next trailer, but will perform better than anticipated with young girls. Especially overseas.

JL is a toss up. I think overseas they are the most recognizable characters so that's a saving grace. The next trailer is going to have rock music as well and the movie is going to be perceived quippy but the actual movie isn't going to be so light.

Looks bretty cool bro

i'm just hoping to god there is a harley quinn/poison ivy movie at some point

Aquaman and Flash are going to appear mediocre bland and generic.

They're going to be compared to Doctor Strange and Black Panther, and then get crushed in the box office.

Later they will blame the nature of movie goers and claim they just aren't leaving the household anymore.

I completely agree with this post.

SATAN HAS SPOKEN

Does anyone even want to see a second standalone supes movie

Batman is the only good DC character

One week til Suicide squad release and no reviews.....

It's going to be shit.

Wonder Woman already seems pretty competently made and they've nailed the aesthetic of the era and if the story and action scenes are any good, I can see it doing very well.
Critics already love WW though. Most people said she was one of the best things about BvS so I think we're going to experience the same shit we did with Ghostbusters where critics are just going to praise it for being female-centric.

I dunno, I think WW will do terrible.

More trailers will come out and more women will see it's essentially greek god mythology. Which they don't like.

Then you put in all these metagame nods to WW comic story arcs and only the hardcore DC fans will get it. I don't see a way to make this a "fun, light" action movie that does well with non-DC fans.

Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will get good reception and make decent money and then justice league will be universally panned.

I will leave this here, see

Would you like to see him in DCU Sup Forums?

SS does very well, gets greenlit for sequel

WW does modestly, critically average

JL does very well, critically average

Aquaman becomes cult classic, highest rated DC film, but otherwise tanks, Cyborg cancelled, Ray Fisher written out of his future roles, replaced by Green Lantern

Flash does modestly, but well below projections, sequel is cancelled

Batman released to critical acclaim, makes a mint

By this point, WB realise people don't want DCEU they want the Batman Extended Universe, Knightwing, basically a stealth Batman solo film but with Knightwing in it as a focus, and Batman: Under the Red Hood, which becomes a crossover with a lot of the SS villains, are commissioned

SS2 released and makes a mint

JL2, reworked in to Final Crisis where Batman is the focus, makes a mint and is critically applauded, MoS2 announced as a last ditch effort to save the DCEU as a concept, Shazam is reworked in to a 6 episode series focusing on the more mundane aspects of Billy Batson becoming Captain Marvel

Batman: Knightwing makes a mint under the Batman name alone

Batman: Under the Red Hood, marketed under the guise of tying up the Batman mythos, makes a mint and is critically applauded

MoS2 tanks, SS3 announced, Batman 2 announced, JL3 in order to play out the rest of the JLs actors contracts is announced

Shazam series is confusing and tanks

Green Lantern Corps tanks

JL3 releases and features the Tower of Babel story, where the JL become distrustful of Batman and the JL is disbanded

Batman 2 is critically lauded and makes a mint, basically confirms that people just want a Batman EU

This guy, I like you

Can someone explain to me who is SHAZAM and to which Marvel character is comparable.
Not to start shit, I like both franchises.

Pretty sure there's a Birds of Prey vs Sirens movie being tossed around. Apparently internally Margot Robbie is such a hit that they're scrambling for a vehicle for her.

t. retard

>Knightwing

are you trying to say "Nightwing?" Dick Grayson's superhero ID is "Nightwing," not "KNIGHTwing" you spastic.

>SHAZAM

Shazam is the name of the wizard that gives Captain Marvel his powers. His books are called Shazam because Marvel sniped the trademark to the name in the 60s/70s.

I don't think Marvel has ripped him off yet. They don't have any kids that turn into adults that I can remember (unless you count Miracleman, but that's cheating.)

Am I the only person who actually liked the Green Lantern movie?

None, Shazam was Captain Marvel before it was called Marvel and DC renamed him to Shazam. He's basically Superman who is a shota in his spare time.

A movie? Sure. The series is retarded but it could be fun to see Superman being a Superdick to the whole world.

As the DCEU? Fuck no. Injustice is a horrible, horrible comic and I don't want to be stuck with it for 10+ years.

>Arguing semantics about comic books
Retard.

I just want a good Green Lantern movie not set on Earth... is that so much to ask?

Asking for a good movie is too much in the age of mediocre things.

Can't have both Hal and John, that might show people how much better John is to Hal and DC can't have that.

In one of the animated GL films half of it's a buddy cop movie with Hal and Sinestro, which was pretty cool. Hopefully Mark Strong comes back to it.