Why does everyone love this fucking garbage?

Why does everyone love this fucking garbage?
It's just le epic 80's callbacks trash filled with endless plotholes.

>endless plotholes
Name 30.

You dont know what a plothole is, stupid.

OP probably hasn't even watched it.

Lrn2bait

>stop liking things i don't like

Nobody cares that fatty went missing, in a small town where a boy has already gone missing

Douche cookie-cutter boyfriend's parents seem to be on an eternal vacation.

How did the kids parents not notice a fucking random child staying in their basement for weeks on end.

Where are the federal police?

Why doesn't the cop just outright arrest the head MK Ultra guy.

How did the mother know that the body wasn't her son

Why is the mother suddenly okay with her ex-husband being around

Why does nobody notice the three kids are missing during the episode where they find the body in the water, Why do none of their parents care where they've been when they've already made it clear they don't want them going anywhere.

I'm only on episode 5 and that's just so far. I'm sure I've missed some and I'm sure there'll be a million more.

Now this is a cringe thread. Everyone fucking loves this masterpiece.

Also

Weird brother should be the main suspect for the murder of his little brother and fatty, considering he was in the bushes the night fatty went missing and he was supposed to be taking care of Will the night he vanished

>"THEY DIDN'T EXPLAIN EVERY DETAIL SO IT'S A PLOT HOLE!"
Yeah, eat shit, faggot.

Nancy missed her. Her mother was concerned about her. She was also older and had a car, everyone assumed she just ran away. His parents weren't on eternal vacation, the show took place over a week at most. The parents never went down in the basement. The feds never came because doctor evil has the government on his side. How exactly is a small town sheriff going to arrest the doctor when he has government backing? The mother asked about the birthmark, which he obviously didn't have. She was okay with husband around because shes having a difficult time, that shit quickly fades though. And the kids keep sneaking out and doing their own thing

He was working when Will vanished, he had an alibi. And it was only discovered that he was in the bushes after they spoke to the cops.

The case was also settled, remember? They found her car in the next state over or some shit.

>Didn't explain every detail
>Explaining glaring issues with common sense and logic is small detail

>How did the kids parents not notice a fucking random child staying in their basement for weeks on end.
The whole show takes place over like a week.

>L-look at m-me guys
>i-im hating something p-popular he-he
>a-am I one of you n-now he-he
>p-please like me

It's not a callback to the 80's if the 80's is the decade in which the show takes place...

A week is still a stupidly long time for parents not to notice a random autistic girl running around your house.

So you're telling me that the police wouldn't connect the missing boy and a missing girl, happening in a small town, where the last kidnapping was 1960 or some shit. Really, you're okay with that?

>Douche cookie-cutter boyfriend's parents seem to be on an eternal vacation.
They went to his house once, though. He also mentions how his parents chewed his shit for having a party.

>How did the kids parents not notice a fucking random child staying in their basement for weeks on end.
Children are small and Eleven is quiet. The dad works, the mom is looking after another kid, and the basement belongs to her son.

>Where are the federal police?
Superseded by the DoE

>Why doesn't the cop just outright arrest the head MK Ultra guy.
Why didn't Officer Joe from NYC outright arrest Hillary for the email scandal? There are some people you just can't touch.

>How did the mother know that the body wasn't her son
"He has a birth mark on his left arm, show it to me"

>Why is the mother suddenly okay with her ex-husband being around
She's in grief and assumed he probably was as well. Their differences were put aside briefly.

>Why does nobody notice the three kids are missing during the episode where they find the body in the water, Why do none of their parents care where they've been when they've already made it clear they don't want them going anywhere.
The kids are always doing shit. They could have been playing D&D at the black kid's house for all their parents know.

None of these are plot holes even if they were true.

>I need a directors commentary, a handbook explaining every line along with examples and a Youtuber reacting to each episode along with a sub reddit, in order to understand a TV show

I'm not one of those people. I've loved almost every major show to come out in the past 5 years bar some that just aren't my taste, I can usually see why people like them.

This though? This is written like shitty fanfiction.

I notice you left out the first one.

My answer here: was a two-in-one.

Why does it escape your brain that you're in episode 5 and shit can be clarified later on, instead of instantaneously? Why do you want everything answered right away, or characters to act the same (aka no character progression, which in any media is synonymous with story progression)?

Obligatory "shut up shill" reply.

>PEOPLE SHOULD ONLY LIKE THINGS I LIKE!!!

>The case was also settled, remember? They found her car in the next state over or some shit.

But that's retarded user. It's fucking insane that the question isn't even raised that Will going missing and Thunder Thighs going missing could be connected. It's just "lol she ran away I guess" - When something like that happen would set off alarms for a serial diddler abducting kids.

The only one that thought she was missing was Nancy. That and the doctors people moved her car to the train station, making it look like she drove there and then left town. One kid is missing and his body is found. Keep watching the goddamn show and stop questioning shit when you're not even done yet

I literally just finished watching it. To be honest it's OK. It's a fun watch due to le callbacks.
With that being said, no one should even start pretending that it has even a tiny shred of creativity or imagination in it. It's just a mashup of every Stephen King inspired thing from the era, plus some others. The story is cliché as fuck and 100% predictable, it's not scary or creepy at all, the dark dimension sucks, the monster sucks (this "it might be from another dimension, but it's just an animal :^)" shit has to end. When will someone dare film an equivalent of the Color out of Space, or Hounds of Tindalos or other similar entities? But then again that would make the story not sugarcoated and happy enough for the dunkass audiences I guess).
Basically just a competently made, conventional adventure series with horror makeup, nothing more and less. At least it's much better than The Guest on every level.

None of those is a "glaring issue with common sense and logic".
Also not everything that doesn't work in a movie is a plot hole. Plot holes is when the story tells you something and then contradicts it, not when parts of the story are underplayed or not completely fleshed out.

thank you! at last someone who I can agree with regarding this bland show.

The staties were already there because of the DoE and the case of Will Byres. They knew what the stakes were already and would have been prepared for any subsequent cases.

They rung runkachunk's mom and she said she had only been gone for 24 hours. That gave them enough time to at least create a false trail with the car and whatever else.

Remember the events of the show happen within literally one week.

>you can call out and be heard from the vale of shadows when the power of family is in play
>your best friend being about to fuck chad cancels your chances of being heard
kekissimo, talk about a raw deal

Why didn't they just kill the Chief by the way instead of letting him go and installing a bug to a place it could be found easily? I missed the logic behind that.

Millennials can't understand it.

Your entire generation should really keys.

One kid's declared dead, another's been sighted running around town, a teenage girl's ran away.

Anything else even slightly out of the ordinary would scream foul play.

It would have been easy to suicide him like they suicided the diner owner.

Alcoholic cop who has been talking about how he feels like hes cursed because of whats happened. Feels the guilt from the kid dying etc.. etc..

If they can do something as fucking elaborate as entirely fabricate the death of Will then getting rid of the Cop would be nothing.

Just finished it myself, and yeah, I felt basically the same.
I would add that at least Stephen King tries to come up with some new stuff every time, and his characters tend to be a bit more colorful. This series was enjoyable to watch, but it really didn't do anything unique or memorable.

Foul play by whom? And who would piece these together? The characters got the whole picture when the 3 separate groups came together. No one else could piece these up.
They could just toss the body into the Vale. They can even let him be eaten there. This shit goes to the highest levels of gubmint apparently so no hick police can enter the building in the first place anyway (unless they all have ebin Solid Snake skills like Hop did). It would just be written off as a chain of coincidences at worst.

I think the reason they killed the diner owner was because he had direct contact with Eleven. Hopper didn't know about Eleven when he entered the facility and was captured the first time. They weren't sure what he knew so they tapped his house to find out. If it turned out that he did know something they probably would have killed him. The only reason they let him go after the interrogation scene was because they assumed he'd die.

>le contrarian man
great job reddit!

i just cant stand child actors.

100% correct. It amazes me how stupid people are, and that they cant WATCH A SIMPLE SHOW. Its not hard fuck.

>look at me guys
>i'm hating on a popular and well made TV show
>am I a cool guy that fits in on a chinese frogposting board now?

God you faggots are so pathetic it isn't even funny.

I normally dislike child actors too. I felt these ones did ok though.

Did you miss the part with the "State Police" issuing this information to the public?

And Hob was more concerned with the kid because he was concerned about finding a fake body than another issue with a missing teen with evidence of her running away.

>popular
This means nothing.
>well made
Debatable aside from a technical viewpoint.

And he did give 2 arguments even if he didn't open them up. You just memed.

While enjoyable, it makes me sad that we'll probably never get a fully realized IT show.

Well meme'd

>I'm only on episode 5

Maybe you should watch the whole thing first.

>When something like that happen would set off alarms for a serial diddler abducting kids.

How old are you, friend?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and at that you're not old enough to remember life in the 80s.

It was a simpler, safer time.

I'm on the finale now and nothing I have said has been explained or applied with common fucking sense.

Only thing close is the mother finally noticing something was up in the basement, 5 seconds before the DoE show up and tell her anyways.

one basketcase goes 'missing', with her car, from a small town, in the 80s, yea nationwide hunt

Diddlers having been diddling since the 60's, that's when the carefree attitude ended. The 80's was the height of the Satanic Panic, parents were terrified of people snatching their kids.

Another kid goes missing days beforehand. In a small town where it's basically never happened before. Yeah, no red flags there at all.

>nothing I have said has been explained or applied with common fucking sense.

and was found and reported as an accident at a quarry, you really are young aren't you? its not like their were boards talking about this shit or 500 channels trying to find a 'news' story

ah no that was late 80s early 90s, early 80s was all about the commies

Did you miss the fucking part where the State fucking Police find the dead body and blame it on being an accident with the cliff?

Holy fuck user, are you fucking dense? Did we even watch the same show!?

see
You're one of those people who just ignores the people who prove them wrong so that they can keep complaining.

Why is she called Eleven?

Because on a scale from one to ten, she's an eleven.

Good one
she definitely is

GREATEST. SHOW. OF ALL. TIME.

don't sperg, it was good

>show about kids and nostalgia and childish fantasy become true
>complaining about plot holes
these people are the worst

I hope One through Ten show up in the second season as fucked up failed experiments.

It's a very confy show, I really enjoyed watching, I hope they keep the level in season 2

so the monster for season 2 will be the Thessylhydra (or whatever the fuck its spelled), right?

>Nobody cares that fatty went missing, in a small town where a boy has already gone missing
Apparently she ran away, her car was at the bus station after all.

>Douche cookie-cutter boyfriend's parents seem to be on an eternal vacation.
The whole thing takes place within a week, how long is a vacation anyway?

11 spent a long time in closed spaces when she was at the lab. She was given plenty to eat as well.
>Where are the federal police?
the CIA would prevent something like that.
>Why doesn't the cop just outright arrest the head MK Ultra guy.
So he can wake up in his house again?

>How did the mother know that the body wasn't her son
He didn't have a birthmark on his right arm.

>Why is the mother suddenly okay with her ex-husband being around
She was drunk and neededcto clam down. She tells him to guck off after.
>Why does nobody notice the three kids are missing during the episode where they find the body in the water, Why do none of their parents care where they've been when they've already made it clear they don't want them going anywhere.
It's the 80's, people didn't overparent their kids back then.
>I'm only on episode 5 and that's just so far. I'm sure I've missed some and I'm sure there'll be a million more.
Retard alert

They plugged the fatty one for the gen public but only the cop and the main group really knew what happened. They covered it up with she ran away you fuck boi.

Plus this wasn't during current times where if a kid is gone for a second parents flip shit. Parents were more lenient back then.

>that guy who feels the need to poke holes in a story and ends up grasping at straws
Pretty pathetic tbqh

they should ask for license to watch shows.. or a minimum IQ

How did Will even run away from the monster? Barbara couldn't, the deer couldn't (obviously), Shepherd couldn't, none of the other 4 or so civilians couldn't. How did he do it? And how did he fucking survive without eating and drinking anything for a week, exposed to the cold and darkness only?
Why was no one ever under serious mental distress at any time aside from MUH SON ISN'T ACTUALLY DED AHHHHHHHHHHH? They see a faceless thing come out from the wall, no one cares aside from being spooked at that moment. A girl murders a dozen people by making their brains explode, they think it's hilarious. Armed and dangerous men are after them, only slight concern. Barbara dies because Nancy wanted the chad D, and she still gets together with him at the end, what the FUCK man? How come she has no guilt?
If the 5rd rate Dimensional Shambler wannabe lived in the darkness dimension until then, what was it feeding on before? Why was it the only thing populating that place? What was the broken egg? What are the slug-facehuggers? It survived being burned to a crisp by pulling itself into its own dimension, why couldn't it do anything against Eleven just because she force pushed him once? Why didn't it just teleport behind its targets when said targets were people other than Will and Barbara?
Why were the government guys so stupid and didn't post men around every point of interest linked with the people they were searching? Why were they so fucking incompetent that a fat cop rekt their plans by simply walking up to them and punching/pistol whipping them, and this more than once?

now thats cringe

you fucking mouthbreather

This "plotholes" meme has to die. I blame Channel Awesome faggots and their ilk for spreading this misconception.

It's not a plothole when fiction doesn't explain everything to you in autistic detail.

Stranger Things is disposable entertainment that works, but it's main appeal is in nostalgia. It's very straightforward, capable writing, but it's mainly just homaging better or more groundbreaking fiction.

>muh "homages"/memes/references
>muh nostalgia
>muh entertainment
So it's basically the Nyaruko-san of Sup Forums

Stranger Things is pretty much beloved everywhere, hence the asspain when it's criticized here.

This is the direction entertainment has been going in for some time. Everyone is a manbaby and nothing is more comforting to manbabies than nostalgia.

You could argue that there is no inherent problem with nostalgia, but in any case people shouldn't be surprised when others aren't impressed by a show based solely on it.

Why didn't they just kill the sheriff though? Seeing they killed the cook guy for just meeting eleven you would think that they could inject some alcohol and crash him in his car with no survivors.

>there is no inherent problem with nostalgia
I disagree. It reeks of stagnation, a lack of progress. I think people are obligated to challenge themselves sometimes, even when it comes to watching films and tv.

I think they recruited him, because he was smart/tough enough to figure everything out. Same way feds don't kill really good hackers or leave them in prison to rot.

They didn't recruit him nigga, haven't you seen the show? They just amateurishly bugged his place and left him.

Oh, you mean in the middle of the story, not the end.

At that point, so many people were disappearing, they prioritized keeping a low profile.

A random person disappearing/dying is one thing, but when it's a police officer, it brings a LOT more attention.

A single policeman's death won't expose the secretest dealings of the CIA. That's just a bullshit excuse.

A single policeman's death will bring the attention of other police officers and investigators, ones that aren't from the suburbs and aren't as incompetent as the cops in the show.

Unless they cover it up a suicide. Or accident. Or remove the body.

1-10 are the junkies

>predictable
The worst part for me was the dialogue.
Every time they had an opportunity to do something cool with it, they just went with "let's have this character now say exactly what everyone in the audience is expecting him/her to say".
This seems like a minor complaint, but it's not, because as the show progress the character just becomes boring walking cliché with 0 personality.
I barely watched the last two eps, just let them run in the background while I was doing other shit, 0% creativity in all area made this show a chore to watch.

Fucking incredible show. Literally finished in 1 sitting couldn't stop watching

I guess the only explanation is that they let him go since they figured he knew something about the girl.

You're being enormously dense.

A couple of disappearances/deaths is one thing.

But when the sheriff of the town they occurred in, who's the lead person investigating them, also dies or commits suicide or disappears?

It doesn't matter if there's a body or if it appears to be a suicide, it brings a shitload of attention. Again, from people that are much smarter than the people in that town.

>Every time they had an opportunity to do something cool with it, they just went with "let's have this character now say exactly what everyone in the audience is expecting him/her to say".

Is it just me, or did the same thing happen in the last few seasons of Game of Thrones?

except the investigation would be fruitless anyway. These points have already been addressed ITT anyway.

It's a 4 out of 5 show. The music really amplifies the quality, but some of the performances were iffy at best.

Does Sup Forums hate anything that is popular

A lot of these scenes are masterfully done
It does not rely on the monster being it's main point and build the suspense up for each time that the monster shows

It has twin peaks level of everyone around becoming frantic and none of the storylines are played out too much to make you hate any particular charcter

I thought it would only consist of the goonies type but hearing the small spinets of backstory for the police officer makes me interested to see where his plot is going

I honestly thought this was not going to be good considering how many threads were bashing this show saying
>WHY MAKE ME WATCH THIS MESS Sup Forums
And only when I heard about it on a podcast did I decide to give it a try

This board literally has no idea what is good or what isn't

>endless plotholes.
Im really glad OP elaborated on his shitposting.

Hey Sup Forums what the fuck should I watch if I liked this?

E.T.

It's possible the Shrieff is a double agent. When they tortured him in the room, they asked if he was CIA or NSA. This may imply that the DoE knows something's up with him, perhaps the Sheriff may be associated with a higher power than the DoE, and if they kill him, higher government may fuck up the DoE.

It's alright, I'd say maybe a 6 or 7/10, but not exactly anything amazing. A decent watch though.