System of a Down

Is there any music like System of a Down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYVpC3vFgLQ&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=cTWf_9uwCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=HRRPx30Ic9U
youtube.com/watch?v=duGsj7SIKc4&list=PLB743DCD3E7522EB2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try Pantera I guess

Not OP but they aren't that similar. OP I asked this a while ago, apparently there isn't much that's similar to system of a down

What was cool about System was that they were so unique. They got me into metal-y stuff....and then I fucking grew out of that shit cause other bands weren't worthy like them :/

They're the only metal I listen to. There's something so unique about the lyrics and Serj's vocals. It almost sounds.. poppy? I know that's not the right word, you probably know what I'm talking about.

BANANA BANANA BANANA TERACOTTA
BANANA BANANA TERACOTTA TERACOTTA PIE

One of the most quotable bands in existence

Well, it's both melodic AND sung well, unlike plenty of screamo that was often melodic but *always* had whiny nasal voices.

Serj is incomparable as a singer, really. Since you understand like I do about them, here's the only heavy bands I also love that come to mind:

for (usually) a chiller sound, Tool
for heavier, can't defend alot of singing but Meshuggah have great riffage
for a nicely dynamic band that can go between both of these, Deftones

I'm kind of amazed that that's really all the heavy groups I care about, wow!

PEPPERONI AND GREEN PEPPERS MUSHROOMS OLIVE CHIVES
PEPPERONI AND GREEN PEPPERS MUSHROOMS OLIVE CHIVES

ME THERAPY THERAPY ADVERTISING CAUSES ME
THERAPY THERAPY ADVERTISING CAUSES ME

>SOAD
>Tool
>Meshuggah
>Deftones

Literally 16 year old alt metal starter pack

koenjihyakkei

Right. Took that starter pack and grew up. Trying to sift through generic-ass other bands while into your 20s is being childish. Just know that these groups are the best of the bunch and move on.

Also, I forgot Coheed & Cambria! Damn!

t. muh trve kvlt blackie

Battalion of Saints
Discharge
G.B.H.
Motorhead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
George Clinton
And possibly Show No Mercy by Slayer

SOAD is amazing, their short lived offshoot Scars on Broadway is something you could look into but I don't remember them being that great. Serj's solo stuff is really good, but there is also this band that was signed to Serj's record label called Fair to Midland that was my favorite band for a long time:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYVpC3vFgLQ&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=cTWf_9uwCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=HRRPx30Ic9U
youtube.com/watch?v=duGsj7SIKc4&list=PLB743DCD3E7522EB2

Look into sludge metal. Not the same, but pretty close.

Taste in metal only gets worse and worse after your 17th birthday

Are you just picking random bands to troll OP?

Try Coheed and Cambria. They have some similar sounding stuff. Don't listen to their newest album though

Scars On Broadway
Serj's solo stuff
Maximum The Hormone

System of a Down is great. They definitely have a unique sound. I happen to like it a lot. One of the few bands I listened when I was 12 that I can still stomach today.

I love Fair To Midland. They're really underrated. I recommend their two albums on Serjical Strike all the time.

You might try looking for some Armenian music

What the fuck it's not only me

They're my friends favorite band and he likes Dreamtheater a lot. They have a few pretty heavy albums apparently

Was going to comment exactly this. Might throw in Mindless Self Indulgence too if you want something less heavy and more goofy.