/noise/

Every Friday until you like it.

pastebin: pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
>charts, gear recs, how to find music for dummies, and so on

What noise releases do you own on physical media?
Latest release you've heard that you liked? Disliked?
What subgenre of noise is your favorite so far?

Never forget, noise is dead. Long live noise.

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/dunkle-tage-9139793
mega.nz/#!gdtBEJ6Y!wfA_ydKiViDD3DrH2_USGVsRpMhIKf8CBJBM8UqJE9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is power electronics supposed to mean? Is it basically electronic noise a la fuck buttons? If so then I need recs

>Is it basically electronic noise a la fuck buttons?
it's aggressive, gritty noise usually containing vocals, to put it bluntly.
Fuck Buttons would be progressive electronic and imo, only their first album contains any noise. I can't think of any noise at the moment that would be similar to FB.

Power electronics is noise with someone screaming over it

Some noise à la FB could be some stuff by Pete Swanson

thanks but I didn't rly enjoy his song Punk Authority. Any better songs I should hit up?

Stuff like Xinlisupreme?

Are you supposed to listen to harsh noise loud or soft? I'm cool with listening to some noise loudly but I don't want to risk tinnitus.

Hello Xern0n, good night.

Going to answer your questions as always, to keep the thread alive. /noise/ is still in a coma it seems.

>What noise releases do you own on physical media?
Grim - Maha
Ultra - Delirious Elaborations
NON - Total War / Track 13
Genocide Organ - Obituary of the Americas
Nurse With Wound - The Sylvie and Babs Hi-Fi Companion
NWW - Thunder Perfect Mind
NWW - Soliloquy for Lilith
>Latest release you've heard that you liked?
Disliked?
Liked: Helm - To an End
It felt like listening to an 80s NWW album, on the A side, and the second was really soothing.
Disliked: Can't think of anything right now.

>What subgenre of noise is your favorite so far?
Still 80s industrial noise and british PE

Please let us know if you end up getting the Hijokaidan boxset.

Also, can you (or anyone in the thread) give me some clue on how to rip the NON release I got? It didn't have any download code with it.

thoughts on the new Dilloway album? I've only listened to it once so far but I thought it was pretty good although I wish it was longer.

OOOOOOOOO thank you for reminding me of this you beautiful soul?

Has it leaked? If not I'll buy the bandcamp anyway, don't care at this point.

I'm pretty sure it officially came out today. There was a SoundCloud stream up yesterday

I'm listening to early Lustmord and shit's beautiful. The guy knows what he's doing. Really SPK-ish from time to time, too.

Also, for people interested, I talk about what went into my most recent noise / dark ambient album: patreon.com/posts/dunkle-tage-9139793

What genres don't sound good with a little extra noise?

Recordings of ethnic music from deep in the jungles and on far away islands.

a little tip, that's the 90s compilation isn't it?

it's very good, but if you want the full package grab the most recent one called "Things That Were", if I recall correctly it has all the material of this previous comp plus extra unreleased live stuff of the same period, his first album plus lustmordekay

>his first album plus lustmordekay
actually thats the only stuff thats not in it, the rest is

anyway i'm uploading his new dub album if anybody's interested

I already listened to Things That Were when it came out and it was so nice I kept listening to it a few times.
Now I want to listen to it again.

do it, it's really good as you said

DREAD - In Dub
>Brian Williams (aka Lustmord) decides to make music he adores listening to, as stated in several interviews. You figure out the rest
mega.nz/#!gdtBEJ6Y!wfA_ydKiViDD3DrH2_USGVsRpMhIKf8CBJBM8UqJE9Q

Definitely one of my favorites to come out this year and agree about wanting it to be longer. Copped the surprise white pressing today.

Put your volume up to the point where you can't hear anything else and are consumed by it.

Does listening to noise really even increase your risk of tinnitus or is it entirely dependent on volume and amount of listening?

>or is it entirely dependent on volume and amount of listening?
this

Amy genre will do that, like said. I just want to know what I should do to get the full experience of noise.

>What noise releases do you own on physical media?

I got Soft Punk on pink vinyl. The description from Helicopter said they thought it was sold out but Mr Wiese found one in their warehouse or whatever, so I snatched it.

*screesiiiiiia* bump *skkeeesaaa