asthmatickitty.com/happy-birthday-lowell/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quite an unfortunate album name

Oh you

lmao I never realized.

goddammit. you just ruined the whole album for me

It took me a second there user.

lmao

I appreciated how he started out with Redford, assuming he did that with every live show.

This whole album was better live as the album tended to sound more raw and less energetic, while it felt like the more surreal energy was essential.
But I noticed that in this album he was playing a lot more than the concert I went to in philly. A lot more electronics and Age Of Adz material.

I hope he goes on tour again but after a new album thats more refreshing than depressing like Age of Adz

I dunno, there are some seriously breathtaking/beautiful moments, like the end of Forth of July or Blue Bucket Outro, but some tracks felt like treading water, like "well it's on the record so we have to do it, just run through it and add some other singers I guess." Only given it one listen so far, maybe I'm wrong. The video of the concert's up, definitely watching it later tonight

What's sof unny about it?

A lot of those songs are good on their own tho. I came to see those songs just played live but then ended up with some magical ones.

Something I noticed is that the live album misses a few of Seven Swans songs he did, again probably because at the venue I went to he intended to play softer while at others he wanted to play the more exciting ones off AoA. Yet again when was the live album recorded? The event I went to was one of the first so maybe he adapted the show to be more energetic?

>Carrie
>live

Performed live at:
The North Charleston Performing Arts Center
Charleston, South Carolina
November 9, 2015

I don't know, I just wanted to fit in.

I think thats when he started touring for it.

asthmatickitty.com/happy-birthday-lowell/

>

Today, March 31, is a very special day: the birthday of our own Lowell Brams, co-founder of Asthmatic Kitty Records and Sufjan’s step-dad. As a gift to Lowell (and the rest of the world) Sufjan has decided to release Carrie & Lowell Live, an audio and visual document of his November 9, 2015 performance at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center in South Carolina.

carrie & lowell *live*

Oh my god

Ah, wasn't aware of the context

Damn...

jesus

wait I don't get it

DAMN.

Put me in the screencap

What's the crowd like at a Sufjan Stevens concert?

The album versions are better. The live arrangements were fantastic, but they really are meant to be experienced live, as a supplement to already being familiar with the album as is. Conceptually it would make no sense to have the original songs be that dynamic to start with considering the whole point of the project.

Seeing it live was incredible though, and the video of the album was enjoyable enough. Who is that qt Meryl Streep lookin chick in the band?

When I saw him it was surprisingly varied. Late 20's to 30's was probably the average but there were a number of people in their 40's and 50's that seemed to be fairly familiar with his work. Pretty interesting.

:^(