How can you actually like "his" music?

how can you actually like "his" music?

Was cool ten years ago

wait are you saying Kanye is FtM transgender or something?

Is cool ten years later

"how c"an" you actually like his music?"

i was addressing the fact that it's a possessive pronoun.

as if the assembly-line music produced by the Kanye West Corporation™ was actually created by him.

Do you think all of that music would exist in any other form without him? Do you think an album like Yeezus would ever exist without him?

>Do you think an album LIKE Yeezus would ever exist without him?

yes. yeezus is an amalgamation of pop cliches that were current at the time

A lot of it is very much a contextual collage of ideas, like the horns on BOTL or the Chief Keef chorus, or the chopped up reggae on Guilt Trip. But that's been highly celebrated in the past, especially in hip hop.

Most of it involved taking those trends and totally deconstructing them and putting them back together in the album's image. It was also really inaccessible for a lot of the mainstream hip hop audience with its really sudden cuts and eccentric choice of sampling. I think its unfair to say anyone at any other time would have made something like Yeezus. Its much more than the sum of its parts.

waaaaaaaaa he ODB'd the grammies 8 years ago waaaaaaaaa

"how" can "you" "actually" like "his" music?

>It was also really inaccessible for a lot of the mainstream hip hop audience
the normiest people i can think of were shitting their pants when that album came out

>I think its unfair to say anyone at any other time would have made something like Yeezus. Its much more than the sum of its parts.
maybe. but i still don't see how anyone could think it's so special. it's manufactured pop that was created to sell to the masses. there's really nothing noteworthy about it.

the only reason why people love him is through the organized bombardment of the constantly reinforced idea that he's good

Music Publications:
>kanye west is great!
>kanye west is great!
>kanye west is great!

Kanye:
>Im great!
>Im great!
>Im great!

General Populace after prolonged exposure to this:
>hmmm.. i think kanye west is great!

it's an echo chamber that may as well be the hypnopaedia conditioning from brave new world

>it's manufactured pop that was created to sell to the masses

wow what an insight, it isn't like this applies to almost every album in existence

or maybe it's because he makes good music, jesus christ get fucking real

when kanye came out in 2003 with college dropot everyone agreed he was great

I don't

cool. have fun letting rich manipulative entrepreneurs shit into your mouth.

the idea of an album was to sell, get off your high horse faggot

no one has ever shit in my mouth, thats disgusting

This is Sup Forums after all user, they already have Pitchfork and Fantano to do that for them

Woah bro you're so against the system because you hate Kanye #anarchy

i hate the music industry. same as anyone who actually respects music as an art instead of a product

If all you see when you look at this is a carefully marketed product meant for mass pop consumption, then you're blind and resentful.

i have never heard this opinion in my life

>resentful
maybe
>blind
nah. nor deaf

because he's great

>can't into sarcasm
I'm legitimately wondering if you have autism

oh. well if you were being sarcastic then you were just reinforcing my post.
>same as anyone