Manic Pixie Dream Girl

I know Sup Forums is pretty pathetic but can we all agree that the manic pixie dream girl trope is among the worst in movies?

It's fine when it's subverted like in Something Wild or 500 Days of Summer but in general it just leads to unbelieveable/unmotivated characters.

Nothing makes me harder

her character, and most mpdg, are supposed to be unmotivated. it is a critique of modern life.

It's actually one of my favorite tropes, what can I say I enjoy a bit of male wish fulfillment in my movies. It's also a classic trope that's been around since the days of screwball comedy, possibly longer

You probably missed the point of the Graduate

Total bullshit. It's just absolutely lazy wish fulfilment writing.

"classic trope" = overused crutch in my opinon. I for one don't like to contiually watch the same 5 movies get re-released each year.

>It's an OP angrily responds to every post in his thread episode

>It's a slow Sup Forums day episode

I like Annie Hall, and I watch New Girl sometimes when my roommates have left me alone.

>>It's a slow Sup Forums day episode
Yeah, what's happening?Why is the board so slow?

>muh movies should be just like real life
why don't you then just make a movie out of your camcorder nigga?

It can be done well but yeah I am sick of it.
I recently saw Yes Man because it was on tv and it ruined the movie for me.
No women is this perfect.
I prefer realistic women you can hate.

I love Winslet mpdg character in Eternal Sunshine and how the trope gets deconstructed.

Should I stick my dick in them or it isn't a good idea?

I used to be so attracted to this type of girl and now that just doesn't do anything for me.

I'd say that subverting the MPDG archetype is a bigger cliché than using it in earnest at this point.

I just saw Garden State and feel like the trope it created was unintentional.

I dated a manic pixie girl.
It was one of the worst mistakes ever.
Don't believe the hype.

>I dated a manic pixie girl.

I smell green text material.

>Yeah, what's happening?Why is the board so slow?

things newshits say

I dated one as well, she quickly became obnoxious. She never shut the fuck up, always rambling about some nonsense and she was always hours late for everything with some lame excuse or another. She also had a very poor manners and was embarrassing to be with in public. I can't believe I found her behavior cute at first

Why don't you subvert my cock, faggot.

You need to have one first, bitch.

I'v ebeen here for 6 years, buddy.

pleb pls go

>tfw ASR will never be your pixie cumdump