Humanz NOT a complete disappointment?

Am I the only one who thought this album was 15/10? Though this album had like 10 fucking seconds of Damon himself I still believe this album was a masterpiece and possibly the best album of 2017 for me. Not sure if it beat Demon Days though.

Any other albums you have that wholly disappointed Sup Forums on day one but you absolutely adore?

Maybe it's bias, considering I've been a Gorillaz fanboy some day one...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCWs4oKKBjL9t0lsChG0couQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it was very good. Not as strong as Demon Days or Plastic Beach, but still a solid album.

Stop creating a scale if you're going to break it. Cunt.
0/10 post

Does Damon have a fetish for black people or what?

This right here. It's not their strongest work but it's pretty damn solid.

it's just you

The album exceeded my expectations it's definitely better than the fall and plastic beach

Yes he has.

seriously, fuck these things

I preferred the aquatic theme of Plastic Beach, but space is the next best thing.

lotta shit but there were quite a few gems

I was disappointed. It's not horrible, but every time I try to listen to it the whole way through I end up getting bored and listening to something else.

I also realize that I'm partially biased because I wanted something to surpass PB/DD, but if this were to be the debut release of some indie act I still wouldn't be able to rate it any higher than like a 7/10

It's good if I'm in the right mood, a chore to listen to if I'm not

i liked it a lot. my personal taste dictates my desire for more guitars and more damon, but i like what i got anyway.

also, every time i see this fucking album cover the faces are in different positions

The last 1/3rd or so of this album is pretty lame and the bonus tracks are in the same vein, the good tracks here aren't enough to lift it above a 6/10

I dunno. I did not like the features.

Then again, I think that this album was specifically designed for the newer generation and not the one that grew up with the s/t and Demon Days. Albarn himself said that he tried to filter the tracks on the album through his teen daughter.

One good thing to come out of this though is that I actually started liking Hallelujah Money and I hated it at first. I'll keep revisiting the album sometime later to see that maybe my opinion on it as a whole changes as well.

Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz

I really like She's My Collar.

me too user kali was great

Real disappointed in the leak that came out. Listening to a CD rip of the deluxe edition right now, and the difference is like night and day. The interludes actually make sense now. I hate The Non-Conformist Oath, and some tracks are just awful, but the album is growing on me. PB will still be my favorite for a while. I like Andromeda, Busted & Blue, She's My Collar, Charger, and a bunch of tracks from this album. Not my favorite, but growing on me.

i would if i could

ahhahahhaahaha holy shit stop you fucking faggot sage sage SAGE SAGAE not even gonna read your fucking post just gooooo back to indieheads and stay there until you pass

Top 5 are Submission, Andromeda, Busted and Blue, Ascension and Out Of Body

There are some weak or strange songs but the majority of the album is solid with a very enjoyable first half; people will come around on at least a few songs for sure

>Charger
>Andromeda
>The Apprentice

Really enjoyed this album. Def not as good as Demon Days but imo it far surpasses PB, the Fall and S/T

I'm with you my friend. I would even go as far to say it's more than AOTY, but I doubt anyone would agree with me... hopefully people come to understand and appreciate Humanz in time

I mean, isn't that exactly what happened with Plastic Beach?

I agree, I loved this so much more than Plastic Beach.

Yep.

So many reviews for this album came out before the official release, and I can't help but feel like they were all just trying to beat each other to the punch, and get dem website hits from the initial rush of Humanz Google searches. Did they really take the time to listen to the music before they opined? Hmm.

There's so much to Humanz. It's phenomenal. It would take me way too long time to write out all my thoughts on why.

For the moment, I think the best way to approach it is as though it were a diorama of a party mansion. There's certainly a higher level of appreciation to be achieved by following its narrative from start to finish -- up the elevator -- but it can also be explored however one likes, like you were at a party and entering different rooms where different things are going on.

And don't be fooled by what appear to be its simple political themes (which are but one layer). This isn't just some anti-Trump pro-Obama album. It's a more removed and complex conception of the contemporary political zeitgeist.

I really hope that it eventually receives the critical acclaim it clearly deserves.

No, it's literally "write your lyrics as though Trump won and it's a party for the end of the world."

This album is 'Several black artists featuring The Gorillaz'

Not to say there aren't good tracks. But there is definitely a lack of 2D vocals and maybe too much digitalization.

That might have been the instruction given to the collaborators, but I think the album's production gives it more depth.

>Then again, I think that this album was specifically designed for the newer generation and not the one that grew up with the s/t and Demon Days.

I can't help but feel this way about the album. I don't feel like I'm the target audience for this thing at all. Like, I get that it has a theme and an approach in conveying said theme but it does absolutely nothing to enthrall me. If Humanz is a bid to capture a modern, younger audience then I guess I'm getting old.

Fucking this. Discovering Gorillaz in middle school when Demon Days first dropped and becoming obsessed with Gorillaz, being a white guy born in the 90s, I am NOT the target demographic for this album. In fact, it seems like this album was made with the intention of repelling my demographic (people who liked Gorillaz all these years). Makes me sad because of how enthralled I was by what Damon and Jamie did.

the cover looks like a shitty Team Fortress short film made by sfm

Any word on the tracks not present on the standard audio CD release? Can't be any of them worse than Halleleujah Money.

That said, enjoying the album although the tracks in general are all upbeat and hiphoppy, not much variation compared to previous albums.

WHAT THE HELL GUYS, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD!
I'm at number 11, Andromeda, and up to this point it's a pretty fun album. I don't follow the lyrics and I think I don't really want to do this - please tell me, is it full of white guilt or sjw shit?

also checking them sweet numbers

They're on Spotify. A lot of people seem to like Out Of Body though I personally think it's shit. The Apprentice is seeing some love despite the final third of it going down the same road as Ascension and Let Me Out (dat first two-thirds though). I personally thought Ticker Tape was one of the better songs on the album. Circle of Friendz is absolutely awful, don't feel bad if you never hear it. There's another track and interlude but I can't even fucking remember them.

I enjoyed it. It has a lot of tracks I don't care for, but the moments where it shines are amazing. The deluxe version also has some great songs. I don't think there's tracks on this album I'd want to listen to on their own, though.
It's not for the people that like Gorillaz for their previous work, but I think that's what they're all about.
hallelujah money was good you cumguzzling faggot

Thanks. If I knew I was going to get shafted out of some tunes with the physical release I'd have opted for a digital copy.

Time to check out Ticker.

Too many features, overall boring

>dude what if we made every track All Alone

But much worse, for All Alone was actually good. Really though, it's more like a mix of All Alone's feature heaviness and DARE's club-friendly electronica direction.

how the fuck did he even manage to make the bonus tracks bad.
He said he didn't have them be anything but deluxe because they didn't "fit" with humanz or something, but it sounds like the same shit.
What the fuck Damon. This is terrible.

I want to add that I thought the latest blur album and solo Damon Albarn albums were both good.
This is just fucking terrible.

cringe

Everyday Robots is comfy as fuck.

Clint Eastwood
Gravity
Man Reasearch
Slow Country
19/2000
5/4
Feel Good Inc.
Dirty Harry
O Green World
Dirty Harry
White Light
Melancholy Hill
Rhinestone Eyes

Not a single song on this album deserves to be mentioned with the above.

>no Latin Simone
pleb

>White Light
lol

It's even prominent in The Magic Whip album by Blur if you listen for it. However it's more a disliking for whites than anything else.

>This isn't just some anti-Trump pro-Obama album

Your right half of it isn't and half of it is.

Also literally saying im scarred because Obamas gone that some cops are gonna shoot me and a man making deals with the devil is in office. The stuff that does get political is some of the most anti Trump pro Obama bullshit. Im sure Pusha T knows lots about politics we should listen to him.

I get saying its better than the fall but holy shit saying this is better than plastic beach is fucking crazy.

Plastic beach has a couple of weak parts but the majority of it is great and i think is equal to Demon Days in terms of quality. Its different to it for sure but what they do works. Almost everything on Humanz just isn't that good.

THE SKY'S FALLING, BABY
DROP THAT ASS 'FOR IT CRASH

who /outofbody/ here?

Nardwuar had it coming, beta cuck detected

>QUE PASA

Started liking the album more when I think of the album as a progression through a party tower by elevator along with 2D. Every song is a different floor with different shit going on. Sometimes 2D joins in, sometimes he's just hanging back with you.

Songs like Andromeda and Ticker Tape are like breathers, or stepping out onto a balcony.
Busted and Blue is like a last depressing breath of fresh air before you head back in to the insanity.

Songs like Carnival and Sex Murder Party are really crazy, lots of alcohol, drugs and general degeneracy.
Imagine Sex Murder Party as coming down from a crazy cocaine high with a massive hangover.
Have you ever been so fucked up, you begin to get scared? That's Carnival.

The bonus tracks are like the after party.
The song Out Of Body I find funny. Imagine coming of the elevator to a dark room where a bunch of people are doing some Satanic worship led by some slut. Then at the end, 2D is drunk and high and encouraged by everyone to sing and dance.

Last track Circle of Friendz, a bunch of drunk asses sitting around after the party is over yelling "MAH CIRCLE OF FRAAAAAANDZZZZ
(End autism)

so wrong

this video is hilarious though

I like your analogy across the board, spirit friend

>Songs like Andromeda and Ticker Tape are like breathers, or stepping out onto a balcony.

Or like the ending of Momentz. Reminds me of being cooked on MDMA and going out for a cigarette after some ecstatic dancing

Busted and Blue makes me think of being alone at the party. When all the drugs are flowing through me and I have some revelation about how fucked up me, my life and the world are. 'I'm a satellite' condenses all my loneliness into this single moment, where I'm so high and so far away from everyone... it's beautiful and cathartic.

>Carnival
Captures the profound terror of a bad trip. I is -the- song about bad trips

This is the worst meme, you 13 year old trumpfag.

>10 seconds of Damon
When will this meme die? Humanz literally have more 2-D than Plastic Beach

(Humanz)
Saturnz Barz
Charger
Andromeda
Busted and Blue
SMP
She's my Collar
Ticker Tape

(Plastic Beach)
Rhinestone Eyes
Empire Ants
OMH
Broken
To Binge
Pirate Jet

Not who you replied to, but Damon once protested a music festival because they didn't feature what he felt was "enough black artists"
Not that it didn't feature black artists, but that it needed more simply because they were black.

WTF Sup Forums told me this album was shit but then why are Ticker Tape, She's my collar, charger and out of body master pieces?

She's my collar is legit melancholy hill tier

>listen to a few of the released songs
>think the album's not going to stand up to the others
>mfw Strobelite
>mfw Momentz
>mfw Busted and Blue
>mfw Carnival
>mfw She's My Collar
>mfw The Apprentice
>mfw Ticker Tape

God fucking dammit Albarn, why is this album so fucking good?

I only like two songs in it (The Apprentice and We Got the Power) but then again I rarely like more than 2-3 songs from a single album

>Better than the fall
Alright I can definitely get behind that considering that the Fall had Revolving Doors and that's about it
>plastic beach
What the fuck user is this b8?

Well atleast now that Gorillaz had their
>autotuned niggas

Album, and we got this out of the way, we can look forward to all the guitars in their next album

Which will be in about 5 years.

I think its pretty solid, but I'm not sure if its better than Plastic Beach, which was more diverse sonically which held attention better.

autism

literally a less good, more preachy version of plastic beach

>do an interview
>last time you did something with 3d or holograms you actually did an okay job
>nah lets get some early 2000's stuff in there rather than using any of the new technology for this sort of thing

even the fall is better than humnz

You forgot Some Kind of Nature

>he thinks White Light doesn't bump in the whip
kys

>no Empire Ants

opinion discarded

Humanz is the TLOP of Gorillaz.

>ascension
>satunz barz
>momentz
>submission
>charger
>andromeda
>busted and blue
>sex murder party
>she's my collar

all great songs. probably the fourth best gorillaz album but still good

then what line is the bleached asshole equivalent?

charger is fucking trash I can't believe everyone likes it.

>kill whitey
>muh cops are going to kill us all meme
>newblackkingnewblackkingnewblackking

Yes, it's never really the focus of any of the songs though. It just comes hamfisted out of nowhere. It's more like backhand sass at Trump as opposed to actually trying to have a clear message

DARE the album ft. literally who sounds like a good description of this album

All I see is plastic beach happening all over again.
Hated and then suddenly loved down the line.

Better than Chris Martin. Follow the Best : youtube.com/channel/UCWs4oKKBjL9t0lsChG0couQ

Plastic beach was my favorite album of theirs at first listen.
This just fucking sucks

Better than Plastic Beach but not as good as Demon Days.

This album has too many songs

b8

Not sure.

four of them aren't even songs.

My biggest complaint so far is the album has no character.

Every major Gorillaz release before this stood on its own and felt like the songs in the album actually worked together or at least lived in the same world.

This sounds like some shitty mix someone made for a house party. A live DJ probably has more vocals than Damon has in the album.

Hallelujah Money is extremely cringy and hard to listen to.

No idea how Danny Brown was convinced to touch this disaster.

Ironically its the second shortest album minutes wise. Standard version for all of course

Strobelite is great, but it sounds like it was written for Womack.

>made for a house party
That's the point, it was literally made as an "end of the world party" album

I loved it, doesn't quite beat Demon Days for me but it's a close second.

I'm glad he decided to bring down the potential of the album to meet his theme :^)

CLOCKS ON THE WALL TALK TO MOMENTS ON THE WRIST

ok