What does songs for the deaf even mean? Is it something deeper? Or is it literally just songs for deaf people...

What does songs for the deaf even mean? Is it something deeper? Or is it literally just songs for deaf people? Also 10/10 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1GPMm3UYZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Iunno but that album is fire

It means play something with a lot of bass because the deaf may not be able to hear but they're gonna feel this song.

Songs for the deaf because anyone with working ears wouldn't listen to this crap

The concept of the album leads one to believe that "the deaf" are the average radio-listening drones that tune in every day of their lives to hear the same thing, and that QOTSA mean to explore those feelings and ideas of existing in this state of mercy and submission that you get from this kind of mind numbing insulated experience.

Pleb spotted

Oh that makes sense, every time I listen to it I question what it means, that sounds like an accurate explanation

That was oddly profound, are you sure you're on the right board? You know this is Sup Forums right?

One of the best posts I've seen on this website in a while

I'm dumb as hell that makes a lot of sense

>listening to this normie shit
>calling other plebs

Edginess. Swans did the same thing with Soundtracks for the Blind

My iq just went up 20 points

>calling SFTD "normie shit" when it's literally Sup Forumscore

y-you too

IT'S SONGS FOR THE DEAF!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN HEAR IT

HEY ALRIGHT ITS KIP KASPER

I NEED A SAGA!

Soundtracks for the Blind implies there's a missing or non-existent visual element, you turbo-pleb.

>implying it's not both

What a horribly overrated band.

DUDE

over rated post

LOW TUNED GUITARS WITH FALSETTO VOCALS

youtube.com/watch?v=t1GPMm3UYZs

>it's literally Sup Forumscore
so is crap like Weezer and Gorillaz some Sup Forumscore is normalfag shit, QotSA is just watered down Kyuss.

underrated post

Queens of the Stone Age is fucking gay.

this, literally Kyuss for dadrockists/buttrockists

(checked)
What's a saga?

K L O N- CLONE WE PLAY THE SONGS THAT SOUND MORE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THAN ANYONE ELSE

Normies can't into S/T and Rated R. Songs for the Deaf is a crossing point.

S/T > SftD > power gap > Rated R >...LK > bigger power gap > I don't even care any more

Contributing a 10/10

no one knows

pleb spotted

It's no Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

I remember the whole time I saw QotSA in concert (opening Nine Inch Nails way back when), the lead guy was super wasted and shouting homophobic slurs at everyone. I didn't come away with the sense that he was an especially intelligent man.

met some Arizona folks who said they knew Homme...said he was pretty arrogant...big guy rich background, just used to getting his way

> It's popular so it must be bad.

I did not like it.

SFTD is by far their most pleb-tier album
Patricians listen to s/t and Rated R if they listen to QOTSA at all

Anyone have the producer's mix for Songs for the Deaf in flac?
I only have the rough mixes.

All three of their early albums are tits.
Its everything else that's shit.

Era Vulgaris > Songs for the Deaf

No.

anyone need any qotsa? i've got a shit ton of stuff

No, it's both popular and bad
Your pic is popular and good

Both of these onlt have two good songs though.

Currents is spectacularly shittier though.

proceed

Hello r/music

Who else /mulit/ here?