Why aren't women funny?

Why aren't women funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Est6iOomcQw?t=26m2s
youtube.com/watch?v=yeKGMuDl6Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=9aX26k5ZNzI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They don't have to be.

I've thought that it might be because the way men and women deal with issues, men joke women might want to have serious conversation.

>it's a "Ricky tries to high five Jerry because a joke was funny but Jerry doesn't reciprocate so Ricky has to slap his leg" episode

Women can be funny just not to the degree and way men are. Women often try to be funny which is their downfall, whereas men don't need to try so much. Women are a lot funnier when they don't try so hard.

The media however wants to push this narrative that women are as funny as men so they push female comedians and if you don't like it your sexist. Hollywood seems to think fart and period jokes are funnier when said by a woman than a man.

what is this show?

Gervais had no right being there

this

More right than Louie "2 failed shows" CK.

Neither were Seinfeld or Rock tier at the time.

Some are, they ones that dont put the fact that theyre female as the main feature of their jokes.

When every joke a female comic has is "imma girl so..." "im female..." its pathetic.

Same as black comics whose every joke is about how their black.

Why is ricky even there?

At least Louie CK is entertaining and funny most of the time.

WOMEN CAN BE FUNNY

They just have to be sort of unattractive. It's the same thing that encourages ugly/fat men to become funny.

in my experience women can be funny but you gotta draw it out of them. also hotter women are funnier contrary to popular belief

None of these cunts is funny either.

It's not that women can't be funny but it's easier to write material for men. Traslating an average male routine to a female comedian would make the feminists to scream misogyny

All of them except Gervais are well established standup comedians. Lets be honest, Gervais' stanups are pretty mediocre.

>also hotter women are funnier contrary to popular belief

I don't believe this part and please don't show me that Howard Stern skit

>Dawn french
>unattractive

Nigga you must be jokin

>exposed Karl Pilkington to the world
>created an incredibly successful show on both sides of the Atlantic that has since been licensed to dozens of countries
>innovated mockumentary style TV that has been copied multiple times over
>brought podcasts into the mainstream
>had 2 incredible HBO series that are wildly different

he's done way more than Louis CK

I thought these comics might be proof that women can be funny, but of course Joan Cornellá is instead a Spanish man.

>Why aren't women funny?

Because evolutionary wise they never had to be. They just had to look pretty. It's not in their genetics.

They can be.
Men are generally better at stand up but there is a lot more to funny entertainment than just stand up.

>Dawn French
>funny

you think a whiny old cuck wallowing in self pity is funny?

I don't understand this

Everything Gervais does is mediocre. Why he went on to stardom when it was clearly Stephen Merchant who made The Office a success is really beyond me.

Cornella is a dude?

Well fuck

The guy is a crocodile hunter, who attacked and killed the kid in a costume, thinking he was an actual crocodile.
You'd expect the kid's mother to be angry at the guy for killing her kid, but she falls in love with him for "saving" her, thus bringing the nonsense humour that often caracterizes these comics.

I highly doubt a woman has ever experienced anything similar to the rapturous feeling of being a short, ugly dude and making a woman laugh. Women aren't evolutionarily predisposed to comedy the way men are. They don't have to make up for their physical shortcomings

>its a "Ricky tries to over analysis a simple dirty joke like 'sittin on a dick' to try and appear as a comedic genius, but just looks like a retarded tryhard autist in a room of his peers" episode

youtu.be/Est6iOomcQw?t=26m2s

This is actually pretty spot on.

Fucking shit didn't work, skip to 26:00

>there's no funny female standups except for all of these
>but they fit our arbitrary ruling for what's male or female jokes

Really, blowing a mexican and getting the shits is a typical example of a guy's joke? What homo standups has that guy been listening to?

lot's of women are funny, just not american women.

language, art, humour, music, dance, etc. were all developed by men to attract women as mates. the quality of these skills indicate a male's physical/mental health and genetic quality. there's no need for women to display any skill like humour to attract men as they will fuck anything moderately attractive since a man can reproduce hundreds of times more than a woman can in a lifetime with little cost or risk to himself.

hmm, I did not mean to reply to that post. looks like my genetic quality is below par.

Women have no talent for delivery of the joke itself.

Also, we like to view women as above the bottom social rung (and vulgar aspect) of our society. And thats mostly where comedy comes from. Thats why self-deprecation works so much better for men than it does for women.

They're not smart either though they sure love to pretend to be

Kathleen Madigan is funny.

That's all I got.

This. Maybe more importantly they don't WANT to go through what it takes to acquire genuine talent. You don't just walk out on stage one time and kill it. It takes thousands of hours of practice to get good.

When women fail they get babied and told that they're funny anyways so they never improve or reflect on what they're doing.

They don't have to be. A women can actually survive in the world and have a healthy social life without even having a personality. Guys who aren't interesting die alone.

Even if you are interesting you still have to be skilled socially. Otherwise they won't like you anyway.

this is all it is. christopher hitchens explained it perfectly. for thousands of years all that's been required of women is to lay around and be an empty headed fuckhole. while men developed the cognitive skills for survival and attracting mates, which included humor when strength was lacking.

Tina Fey is the only genuinely funny woman.

Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kaitlyn Olsen and Jane Krakowski are okay, but need to be well written.

>inb4 SJW
Tina Fey fucking loathes them, and fought them for calling her a racist about Tracy Morgan and the indians in UBKS. She's a 3rd wave feminist who can't stand this new 4th wave (aka tumblr)

don't worry user, it was a good post.

Because of other women. To be a true comedian means you aren't afraid to go there wth risky yet clever jokes. Many women who do this can be called out (especially by feminists) as terrible women. That may result in being ostracized which women hate from other women especially. Male comedians don't really give a shit one way or another.

Men need humor to get themselves through struggle without losing their minds.

Hey but Dave Chappelle is actually funny though...

Is there a funny gene user? Have they found one? How do you know it's there? I'm starting to think you and most of the people who bring up genetic different actually don't even understand genetics.

I don't enjoy female stand up comedy, but I do enjoy comedic actresses.

JLD was great on Seinfeld, and Madeline Kahn was always great in those old Mel Brooks movies.

JLD has the rare skill of understanding irony and self criticism.

Mother nature plays genetic gamble with men. Men always fill the extreme cases. Be it a talented comedian, astronaut or just a fucked up junkie, there are more men than women.

meanwhile bill burr's entire shtick is "i'm a guy" but you fags like him

Women can only be funny when told how to be funny, this is why you find that there are more comedic actresses than female stand-up comedians because being a stand-up comedian requires natural talent rather than being told how to act in a certain scene.

Maria Bamford is also funny

Women can't really command a room the way men do

But there are a lot of funny female writers pulling the strings behind a lot of great shows. My fave was probably Caroline Aherne who died recently. The Royle Family is one of the best comedy shows of all time.

Only when written by Mitch Hurwitz.

Tina Fey is the queen. She can into misdirection and self-deprecation without blaming her cunt.

I'm not sure if she wrote it herself, but it's a good example of her type of humour: In UKS the old lady character laid out a great bait-and-switch self-deprecating joke, that not in a million years tumblr-tier cunts could:

>You just know high heels have got to be invented by men. Because no woman ever invented anything.

That kind of shit kills tumblrinas. She had an episode where she wrote a joke character that was trans-asian, that straight up disappeared once she couldn't be offended anymore.

She's a top tier comedian, regardless of gender.

Men don't find women funny because they've always been the first ones to cry "that's not funny" whenever the bros are making fun of something or having a good time.

They're emotionally weak, and simply can't take a joke, or ridicule, the same way a man can.

there are more actors than stand-up comedians in general you fucking idiot

>peers

Thats the problem though. They arnt his peers. He's outclassed by them to such a degree that its actually cringe worthy. He's like someones little brother that got dragged along to a sports game, and is slowing the entire team down.

Burr should have hosted the show. He's not as quick on his feet as the other comedians, but his insight and pure brashness would be a good compliment to seinfeld being so safe(and would definitely amplify C.K, and prob. put Rock on edge with a few comments that would snowball into hilarious discussions)

For some reason penis and masturbation jokes are more funny than vagina and menstruation jokes.
Also self deprecating humour works better on men than on women and men usually have more funny anecdotes that don't involve running out of pads.

Name a few who are genuinly funny (who write their own material)

show me ten female stand-up comedian bits about menstruation

youtube.com/watch?v=yeKGMuDl6Kg

youtube.com/watch?v=9aX26k5ZNzI