I have no idea if anyone who hasnt been in the military will relate to this...

I have no idea if anyone who hasnt been in the military will relate to this, or if i can accurately explain this in a fashion that makes sense without sounding fucking ridiculous. I left the Army after 8 soul crushing years.
Anyone who has been in knows that the training that you go through sticks with you, it prepares you for some really fucked situations. Even if you never do anything with it. Yeah it will get a little rusty, might come to you a little slower, but it's still there.
My decision to leave the army was based on the fact that after years of requesting, and waiting, and generally just sitting there, I never deployed. I never did anything. In a time of war, I would show up to my unit, we would do our normal morning routine and then sit there and pretend to be invisible for hours on end. So I left. It really fucked me up for a long time.
I decided I'd be able to provide for my family in the civilian sector; I mean I live in the U.S. for fucks sake, the civilian population LOVES us. Doesn't mean a damn thing as it turns out. Yes they say a disingenuous thank you for your service, but at this point its almost obligitory.
During this time, I've come to be able to describe my feeling of life as having the volume turned down, there's no urgency, no drive, like everyone is just waiting for something.
I feel like a caged animal, waiting for someone to come too close so I can obliterate them because I have to fight and kill SOMETHING.
Pic related, is my face from years ago, more coming.

Because of this, people often see me as an asshole who just doesn't care about people, like I lack empathy.
I've been refered to a doctor and gone but they keep harping on PTSD. Like the moment i put on my then ACU's I was traumatized.
I've thought, many times of going out and looking for trouble in the middle of the night, I guess to sate the burn of needing to destroy but the trouble wouldnt really be worth it since vigilatism is punished worse than the actual crimes these days..
Anyway, just throwing shit out there because I think it might help and I cant sleep.
Thoughts?

K.

I dont think the civilian life is for me. I am even trying to reenlist but of course that process because I was previously in could take months...debated getting into a boxing ring, or a fucking local octogon(MMA) but as it turns out, here in the middle of bumfuck oklahoma there is none. So here I am.

At one point, with everything that isnt happening in my life, I thought about walking out, living out of my ruck, wouldn't be all that different from being in the field. Half the time the fucks on high forgot to bring supplies anyway. I was actually talked into staying by a rando on the internets. I now have 3 kids, hoping they might add direction to what the fuck I'm doing, hoping that taking care of them would provide me something as far as peace goes. turns out nope.

Before my children I actually thought being a stay at home dad would have been the shit, instead everyone thinks I stole my kids and take terrible care of them. I cant even take my daughters to the walmart bathroom without having someone follow me and try to rescue my kids from me. I change my official stance to that of admiral akbar; its a god damn trap.

>I have no idea if anyone who hasnt been in the military will relate to this, or if i can accurately explain this in a fashion that makes sense without sounding fucking ridiculous. I left the Army after 8 soul crushing years.
>Anyone who has been in knows that the training that you go through sticks with you, it prepares you for some really fucked situations. Even if you never do anything with it. Yeah it will get a little rusty, might come to you a little slower, but it's still there.
>My decision to leave the army was based on the fact that after years of requesting, and waiting, and generally just sitting there, I never deployed. I never did anything. In a time of war, I would show up to my unit, we would do our normal morning routine and then sit there and pretend to be invisible for hours on end. So I left. It really fucked me up for a long time.
>I decided I'd be able to provide for my family in the civilian sector; I mean I live in the U.S. for fucks sake, the civilian population LOVES us. Doesn't mean a damn thing as it turns out. Yes they say a disingenuous thank you for your service, but at this point its almost obligitory.
>During this time, I've come to be able to describe my feeling of life as having the volume turned down, there's no urgency, no drive, like everyone is just waiting for something.
>I feel like a caged animal, waiting for someone to come too close so I can obliterate them because I have to fight and kill SOMETHING.
>Pic related, is my face from years ago, more coming.

i wish i could argue with that lol..

Op you're a fucking POG, I'm an E-5 infantrymen in the army with 1 dep to Rc east Afghanistan , 4 confirmed kills so stfu and kill yourself for posting this dumb shit

I tested fuel to make sure it was good for aircraft. I requested and applied for deployment to all the places for all the things without fucks to give. Never went once. blame me all you want sgt fuckbrain.

PTSD is reason enough to get a medical card, go for that and just get stoned you'll feel better

Is that really fucking living though?

They don't confirm kills anymore Rambo

if you want to "live" then go travel, take your kids to disney or some normie shit, have your happiness come from theirs, or if your that set on killing someone take a vacation to Chicago

Yes. It might not be exciting but most people life isn't. You aren't the type of person that finds pleasure in helping others so just help yourself. Go into the wild and live off the land.

Uh, what the fuck where your scores then..?

The snipers get a lot of kills, even if most of the highest ranked ones are still just in South Korea training the gooks.

bump

are you a navy seal who will wipe him of the face of the earth with a precision never before seen?
were you top of your class at BUD/s, too? i'll bet you were.

i live in chicago and its really not a bad place

lmao just join a war become a merc in latin america or syria read some commie shit then die in the phillipines

I'm in the Air Force, did my 12 weeks basic training, now i sit behind a desk 5 days a week, 9-4, but usually finish at lunch time on a friday.

My trade is non deploy-able, even in a time of war, I still won't have to leave my country.

My job is secured for the next 15 years now, after which I will leave on a full military pension and never work a day again.

Get over self you fucking cuck. I'm in the army and I've longed realized uncle Sam don't give a fuck. after he uses and brakes you hell through some gov checks your way and turn his back on you. realize it, embrace it, and move the fuck on. adaPt and overcome you fucking twat

All this and you get to wear a sexy as fuck uniform

You're a lucky man, user.

>utilities are autistic tiger stripes with boring ACU colors
>service/dress looks like a 3rd grader in his uncle's old suit

>meanwhile MARPAT has tested better in every operation and testing condition thrown at it for a utility uniform
>dress blues are iconic and timeless, literally irrefutable

yeah okay, buddy.

>Air Force
>12 weeks of basic

Pick one faggot.

lol, you've never even left your basement.