New Slowdive Album

Why is there no thread for this?

Anyone else listened to the album yet? Thoughts? Favorite track? I think this is a quality album, though slightly less good than the original Slowdive albums from the 90s. Basically it's the Slowdive equivalent of the newer MBV album.

Really loved the first track. The rest ranged from good to meh.

It's very good. Better than I expected but not an AOTY contender imo. 7/10.

Haven't listened to it, I'm hearing mixed things on it. Some really love it, some hate it, and others find it in between. I'm hoping it's not a total blunder

is it out already?

It's alright. Slomo and No Longer Making Time are fantastic.

2nugaze4me

I'm seeing them in Minneapolis soon, I should probably listen to this. I didn't even realize it was out yet.

FUCK

IT

Didn't know it was out yet but I loved Star Roving

I really like the second half of Don't Know Why, probably the best piece of the album for me.

Lucky. I'm in Japan and they never seem to tour over here.

The DC show is sold out.

FUCK.

What pisses me off is how this board was shitting all over star roving when it came out because it wasn't pouty and faggy enough. I fucking hate you effeminate betamale douchebags.

Great track.

>Minneapolis
Are you aware of the band Colfax Abbey?

Love it. I think they came back strong.

I enjoyed it, I like that they didn't attempt to impersonate their previous records and this album has its own feel.

Still the weakest of their albums.
7.5 ~ 8 / 10

have you been living under a rock or what? there were several discussions last week when it leaked. it's decent but nothing great.

also fuck rachel, if this is the best these cunts can do after a 22 year hiatus and 18 months of studio then fuck them.

I think it's about on par with their earlier albums but I've never been one to put Slowdive on an untouchable pedestal. Really, this album is almost as good as Souvlaki and Pygmalion to me. Might not reach the highs of either album - there's nothing here rivalling the likes of Souvlaki Space Station or Rutti - but I do think it is a more consistent one as I don't think there's a weak song in the lot.

Slomo is a masterpiece.
The rest had to grow on me, but once it did, I could enjoy the album as a whole.
It's not perfect, it's not even really that good, but it's a decent try and definitely not a flopped comeback. I hope they do another one and try a bit more.

Because it hasn't been released yet you fucking

But it's been leaked for like a couple weeks now.

I'm sorry but here at Sup Forums we believe in supporting the artists we love.

what the fuck don't listen to leaks unappreciative scum
ISHYGDDT
yada yada
sage

If it's any consolation I liked the album enough to preorder it.

Rachel get out.

It's not groundbreaking, but it's definitely very solid and much better than most people would have hoped for. We are all winners in this.

I would say it's better than Pygmalion, but I'm one of those guys that didn't like Pygmalion.

Souvlaki>JFAD>Slowdive>Pygmalion

I actually do intend to buy it on CD when it's out. And so should the rest of you if you enjoyed it. I better not catch you in /shoegaze/ complaining about how no one makes shoegaze anymore if you pirated this album and never bothered to pay for it. I'll report you to the internet police, just you wait.

For me it's

Souvlaki > Pygmalion > Slowdive > Just For A Day

Though even Just For A Day is like a mid/high 7 to me. The other 3 are in the low 8s. I'm pretty alright with how it turned out. Slomo, Don't Know Why and Go Get It in particular really stood out to me.

>Basically it's the Slowdive equivalent of the newer MBV album.

Except nowhere near as good, sure.