How does it feel to be a native speaker of most spreaded and usefull language?

How does it feel to be a native speaker of most spreaded and usefull language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzNwduqNVpM
youtube.com/watch?v=KgEo8lXtFIE
pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-mari-dance-instructor-s-nipple-s5hg9v3/answers/new.html
theguardian.com/education/2017/jan/18/britons-should-learn-polish-punjabi-and-urdu-to-boost-social-cohesion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Russian
>native speaker of English

I knew that americans are dumb, but didn't know how much

he wasn't born in america, that much is pretty obvious i'd say

>american comprehension

???

Pretty gay. Picking a second language to learn is terrible, because (unless you're an American who should go ahead and learn Spanish already) there's just no language that will be obviously useful. Any county that might have incentive to interact with you will just learn English. So you're pulled equally in every direction with no real purpose to any of it other than bragging rights.
Which is probably why second+ language education in English-speaking countries is so poor.

I'm not a native :^)

Second language education is shit here too mate
We have 10 years of mandatory english and people can barely build sentences that make sense.

t. Mohamed pajeet

actually not that great

I never have the dedication to learn another language fluently because english is generally enough from my experience

and every fucker can speak english

I would much prefer having unintelligible moonspeak as my native language and have english as a 2nd because the USA's cultural dominance means it is so easy to pick it up from films/TV etc

Wish I spoke Gaeilge instead

This desu senpai. The only reason I know some Spanish is because it's spoken so often.

When I visit a foreign country, I can't make fun of people in my language.

I understand your way of thinking but you are blessed with the British accent which stands for high prestige world wide. Everyone can copy a burger accent but a posh one is very difficult to speak. People associate your accents with first class

>British accent which stands for high prestige world wide
U WOT M9

People are so used to walmart accents they cherish other authentic English accents. Especially the women are all over them

wtf is walmart accents?

>ywn confidently talk shit about everyone around you with an innocent smile on your face like those happy Korean ladies in Elaine's salon
youtube.com/watch?v=mzNwduqNVpM

my accent is pretty close to RP but yeah. not every accent from these isles is equal

>mfw enjoy speaking english with most other europeans
>dont enjoy speaking english with most brits and their banter, with some exceptions

though native english speakers who claim to speak a 2nd language tend to speak it on a very high level. speakers of other languages tend to speak their 2nd language (english and bilingual speakers excluded) on a lower level than them.

is this really the voice of first world education?

why is this

You can speak English with me :)

This. It's like brits try to make their language harder to be understood when I speak to them, it doesn't happen when I speak with other europeans or americans.

i can only guess. maybe because the ones who learn other languages are genuinely interested in them, or being aware how non-native english speakers sound when speaking english and trying to avoid it?
but in my experience every brit that claimed to speak french does so at a very high level. also the mormons here speak bulgarian with almost no accent. if they didnt wear suits all the time and those badges, you might mistake them for locals if youre not paying attention.

if you're actually talking about english people then I have some bad news for you
this is what 35% of the population sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=KgEo8lXtFIE

and americans are illiterate

> My names Andrew Leaf
What did he mean by this?

they are not human
england should be culled

Good parts:
Makes it easier to talk with foreigners
Don't have to learn a new language to watch the most popular media
Bad parts:
Makes us an easier target for criticism and/or psyops on social media

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-mari-dance-instructor-s-nipple-s5hg9v3/answers/new.html

Shite. In England we weren't given the chance to start learning another language until we were 14, some of us were even 15. And even then we only got the choice of French or German and as it turns out German is really fucking hard and an hour per week of learning it simply wasn't enough.

For some reason the government here has this idea that since English is so widespread they don't even need to bother teaching another language until halfway through the GCSE period. By then you're well past the age to learn the language optimally and with the added strain of your other subjects like Maths and Science requiring more attention, whatever language you chose more often than not just gets thrown under the rug.

Sucks as well because every one of my friend from continental europe are polyglots except for me. And they all give me grief over the fact I'm monolingual despite the fact I'd have loved to learn another language but now I just don't have the time nor the motivation to do it.

I feel glad that I don't have to to go through learning this clusterfuck of a language.

i tried japannese then cyrillic, both is hard as fuck.
so i just stick to english subtitles from piratebay movies.

you should try those two.

jajajajajajajajaja hola Paco

>We have 10 years of mandatory english
Now imagine going to a school that teaches German.

Then you go to a different school that doesn't have German, but has French, so you take that.

Then you change schools again, and that school doesn't have either languages, so you take Chinese.

This is the kind of clusterfuck situation we have in Australia. There's no consistency, it's fucked up.

>american
fucking hell everytime

>tfw enjoy using written english but hate actually speaking it

yea it's likely that, you'll only learn if you genuinely want to and are interested to

1st is urdu

>1st is *urdpoo
:^)

>i tried japannese then cyrillic, both is hard as fuck.
do you mean russian?

>There's no consistency, it's fucked up.
Preach! Exactly the same here except for all the other subjects too. Switching exam boards from secondary to sixth form and having to relearn everything again isn't a fun situation. Unless you're one of those posh cunts who can go to a public school or even just get into a good enough school that has a sixth form attached to its secondary school.

I cannot put it into words how much I fucking loathed every single southern bastard who had been in my sixth form since secondary and just fucking cruised through A-levels making them look piss easy while me and my friends had to suffer.

da, can't even passed their alphabets.

>da, can't even passed their alphabets.
shameful dispray
cyrillic isnt any harder than latin. even half the letters are the same.

that's the problem they have the same looks and spelled differently.

it's hard for me especially making it permanent distinguish in my brain.

you know that is a bullshit excuse.

nigga, you grow 2 blocks next to ivan's house. of course you could listen them daily mumbling about taking NATO down or someshit.

I hear that the Yanks quite like the Brummie accent because it sounds 'melodic' to them. Anyone know if there's any truth behind this?

I'm brummie, but have worked in Warwickshire for years, so have kind of unconsciously altered my accent to make it sound more appealing.

my native language uses the cyrillic alphabet.
a comparison would be why i dont know the greek alphabet - and it isnt because it is hard. it is because i dont give a fuck. not because im confused. and its the same with you.

>my native language uses the cyrillic alphabet.
your ego showing stupid quad.

ok i take it back. maybe it really is hard for you. you are mentally deficient.

Most people in this country don't speak English properly anyway.

Wish I'd been born somewhere else so I'd have a second language besides English. I've travelled a fair bit and everywhere I've been there's always someone who speaks English to some level.

did i triggered you?

god you south slav people are weird.

feel a bit shitty that I didn't put effort into learning french at school, although pretty much every class except the top tiers would be a complete shitshow. I've started learning japanese over the past year and I've found language learning really enjoyable and challenging.

There's somewhat of a meme, at least where I grew up, that learning languages should actually be looked down on. The whole mindlessly-hating-the-french thing only seems to worsen things, especially since it's promoted by the older generation.

theguardian.com/education/2017/jan/18/britons-should-learn-polish-punjabi-and-urdu-to-boost-social-cohesion
There was a lot of social media outrage when this article was published,

very vanilla desu

>britions should learn poo in loo speak

Ofcourse there would be.

>russian ask people how it feels to be a native speaker of english because he is curious about something he will never experience
>amerifat thinks the russian is saying english is his native tongue
maybe you should stop wondering why the world thinks you are arrogant fat fuck

yeah but i think most non-chav brits can switch to RP if they want to, albeit RP tinged with their own accent (for example, northerners doing RP would still bath with a short vowel rather than baarth)

Cute pupper, pity the owner is retarded.