Is this new netflix-show good or what?

Is this new netflix-show good or what?
Have you seen it?

Fuck off, netflix shill.

Yes, it's excellent. Don't watch the trailer, too late but, don't read your own thread. Just watch it w/o expectations.

Good goy!

loved it

This so much

We only discuss media that resides in the public domain so no corporations may profit

You're not trying to trick me into something shitty?

ignore everyone, leave this thread, go watch it, and then come back

Best show of 2016

You're not le epic anonymouse troll, you're pathetic

I'm not my man. I know unironically enjoying entertainment in 2016 is passé, but I was really pleasantly surprised. Again, I doubt you'll listen, but I highly recommend you abort your own thread and only come back to these threads when you're finished. Its a lot more fun that way. Spoilers will be incoming. Go in fresh.

Don't bother coming back to these threads, they all eventually devolve into pedospam and shitposting.

The first episode is exciting, but it gets worse and worse. You quickly lose respect for the writing, the kids are really annoying and not believable, and the acting is really poor with some few exceptions (the guy who plays hopper). The kids really overact at times with cheesy lines and Winoa Rider is especially bad with her overacting and constantly wide-eyed hysteria.

Most of Sup Forums seems to love it though despite them always shitting on reddit for their bad tastes. Or maybe there's too many summer children.

Unfortunately you're increasingly right. The first couple days were best, with diminishing returns since. Still, out of a handful a day, a couple get some solid insight and discussion amongst the sludge.

first half of the season is reminiscent of the best Xfiles episodes, then it transormfs into a Spielberg-ish drama with kids.

Jesus christ these opinions

No, friend, I get you. I'll stop reading my own thread.

Also, I hate all the edgy kids on Sup Forums who refuse to enjoy anything.

Now this thread is about Cameron Diaz and her sexy role in The Mask, enjoy.

Enjoy

You are the minority and are pretty much objectively wrong.

Stop shilling this mediocre soulless shit. It's the epitome of substance of style.

This OP, really clever show. The less you know about it the more you will enjoy it. This is not a meme.

Rule of thumb is if it has a general on here, it's probably shit for autists.

This is the Undertale of Sup Forums

Please kys

this show was shit and the overdone LOL 80s musik XD was cringy

>everyone else likes it so it must be good

How does it feel not being able to think for yourself?

>of substance of style

I assume you mean style over substance, in which case that would be Mad Men.

How does it feel being a contrarian faggot because you can't think for yourself?

Please go back ant never return. Dumb frog poster

>>Sup Forums

get fucked, faggot

Like I said, this thread is all shitposts now

>says he has minority opinion
>then says can't think for himself

try again next year, kiddo

Being against something just because its popular doesn't require much thinking for yourself

A more important question is why is the school mascot in the town called "Hawkins" a Tiger?

Neighboring HS in Tigerville already claimed The Hawks

But he listed his problems with it.

>he

They're daft, anti-art, autistic, bandwagon jumping meme "problems"

>It's not gritty and realistic and doesnt play out exactly as I would have thought and social situations trigger me

Reminder that your opinion about stranger things equals to nothing if you enjoy Daredevil, Arrow, Flash or any other capeshit series.

And as I said, they were objectively wrong. I can agree with Winona not being great, but the kids acted extremely well, and that's not opinion.

Reminder that it's ok to enjoy things, flaws and all, for what they are. Flash and Daredevil are great. Not, obviously on the level of Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, etc, but still solid.

See Basically if you want Carrie+ET+Stand By Me+Alien+Nightmare on Elm St. and some other stuff, you might enjoy it. Note that the show isn't just inspired by these titles, it literally copies them many many times and becomes as predictable and unoriginal as you'd expect as a result.

The kids were better than the average kid actor, but on the same standard as everyone else, they were still bad because they're kids and since they're pretty much the focus of the series, it made the show even more insufferable.

But I guess, we'll have to agree to disagree about their performances.

I've already deleted the series off my hdd, from what remember from the top of my head

- How the 3 kids with a single revolver, beartrap and some flames ward off the monster while a small army of government trained fighters with automatic weapons cannot?

- the monster was able to take barb away in an instant either through some teleporting mechanism, why couldn't he do the same with nancy, jonathan or steve? it didn't physically drag off barb to a gate because she would've been heard screaming

- Hopper breaks into morgue, punches guard, and clearly vandalizes the fake body, but apparently that's not enough to cause red alarms. That easily could've been the mother who did that meaning she could've exposed all of them for faking his death when she signed the body release form for the funeral. It's too much of oversight and bad judgement of Ultramlk to still release the body to Will's family after a break-in like that.

- Why do they let Hopper live the first time he's caught? Sure there will be alot of questions if 2 people in town die in the same week especially a Sheriff, but that's still better than having someone out there who knows all about their secret operation. Even better, they could have killed him in "self-defense" and used justification that he broke in with a gun and tried to kill them. And if Ultramlk put two and two together, they should've realized that he was the one who broke into the morgue and discovered that the body was a fake making it even more improbable that they kept him alive.

- small complaint but Nancy's revolver fires 8-9 shots.

If you watch it like a brainless reddit cuck then you'll enjoy the kids, the action and wynona's "acting"

Be careful though! If you pay attention too much you'll notice the gaping plot holes, the overacting and the terrible camera work.

Anyone who says the show was really good hasn't had a real discussion about it other than a circle jerk with their friends "YEAH LOL 80'S!"

(continued)

-Everytime Ultramlk is on screen, they look more and more incompetent that it’s hard to believe these are an elite government trained agency. They fully understand what eleven is capable of and yet every time they encounter her and about to capture her, they just stand there like idiots and get demolished. And they chose lethal weapons to capture her which really doesn’t make sense as they don’t want to kill her because she’s valuable, so why don’t they have stun-guns or tranquilizers? Is everyone in Ultramlk retarded?

-When jonathan and nancy find that dead dear and it gets taken by some creature, why does Nancy’s character think it’s a good idea to separate from jonathan climb into a mysterious hole in a tree covered with foreign slime in that situation? Isn’t she supposed to be one of the brightest students at her school?

-Why does Ultramlk even risk faking Will’s death and being exposed when there was virtually no pressure or suspicion on them? What if Will’s family did another autopsy somewhere else? And how did they know about Will’s birthmark on his arm? Where would they get that information?

-On top of all these questions, I found the plot to be very boring about half way into the series and thought the behavior of the kids wasn’t very believable at times. Also I did not give a single fuck about any of the characters, they just weren’t likeable except maybe Hopper, their science teacher, and Steve, ironically.

>Stranger Things
>not a meme

Dude. This isnt documentary footage. These are not real people in our world. It's a series. It's made for the purpose of art and entertainment. Characters make poor decisions. There are coincidences. There is poetic license. All these critiques sound so odd and autistic, like a robot trying to view media, i'm sorry.

It is extremely mediocre.

Their world and people are virtually the same as our world with some fiction like the upside and the monster. The same rules of physics and behavioral habits of people.

>sees valid critiques about his precious show
>"LOL IT'S FICTION DUDE xd"
>"stop taking it so seriously :^)"

Fucking nerd

You guys could apply these same critiques to every single piece of media this show references. Carpenter films, Hughes films, Spielberg, X-FIles, Akira, etc.

>Why did..
>How come..

Because the plot necessitated it.

It's just bad writing and the better writing and continuity a show has, the less of these critiques there will be.

>batman starts killing criminals
>superman dies to a gunshot
>no explanation
>but fiction lol xd
>Because the plot necessitated it :^)))

So.. 11 is alive and eating frozen waffles out of a box in the middle of nowhere?

Also, team Steve here.

I've only seen the first episode and it seems pretty promising. Can't really judge anything so far, but I'll keep watching.

The fat kid turns into a tenticle monster and raped Winona Ryder

You're one of the few people here I agree with.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the people who praise it are 13 year olds who are too dumb to know better, or very tasteless idiots, and the later infest this board like a bad case of fleas.

He's right though satan-poster.

This show is literally IT, but if it was written by Dean Koontz instead of Stephen King.

I'm not going to be at all surprised if you're too young/retarded to know who those authors are.

This, but the opposite. Those of us that appreciate it grew up with the media it's referencing. You 13 year olds are confused as it's not found footage.

There's a difference between a reference and being totally derivative of something.

Stranger Things firmly falls into the second category.

A couple of no-name brothers thought they could remake IT, and they instead remade Watchers, only with a thoroughly boring little girl instead of a dog. Oh and shoehorned DnD bullshit for the sake of pandering to fatass neckbeards like you.

>shoehorned

Ah, you're one of those posters, aaaand dropped

It's a Stephen King novel basically - cheesy, but touching and the characters are interesting. I Really liked it and you will too if you've enjoyed his work.

Yup, tasteless fatassed neckbeard indeed.

Of course, Reddit.

wow my dude, are you seriously too autistic to realise that not everyone enjoys the same things or are you trolling? Xd

>shoehorned DnD

How is it shoehorned if it forms the bookends of the series and is frequently referenced and carries a thematic strain throughout?

So much this
The same thing happened with Voltron on Sup Forums
The problem is with only 1 season to discuss things quickly dissolved into shipping, shit posting, and pedophile

>this image

Your meme game is fucking embarrassing man, poor showing today

Are the kids at least cute enough for me to fap to?

Because it's completely fucking pointless and the same effect could've been had by the kids just being friends. Literally nothing would've been lost if they took the DnD elements out, thus the reason for the term 'shoehorned.'

It's there to do one thing. Pander to nerds.

Post Voltron lolis so I can decide whether or not to pick up the show.

And yet, you've not once put up anything approaching an argument.

The show is poorly acted, poorly written, poorly shot, and poorly paced. That's even before the completely needless synth music in every fucking episode.

The show is garbage by all objective measures before you even factor in it's derivative story.

Keep eating that shit though. Hopefully it will provide SOME nourishment.

Just search tumblr
You'll find all that you need

No, it's an apt metaphor throughout. It's the playful lens by which they rationalize all these dreadful goings on. You seriously have an autistic understanding of screenwriting.

>just being friends

What a revelation, wow. No games, banter, any thematic relevance. They just show up. "Hi guys. We are friends." "Indeed we are." "Now there is a monster present." "I am scared." "Yes. We're friends."

>needless synth music in every fucking episode.

It's called a score. You can Google it.

nice image, dummy

i liked the show because I like stephen king, early steven spielberg, and john carpenter.

it rolled those things together and was above average in the execution and entertainment

>needless synth music
>i hate fun
>i grew up in the oughts and dismiss things prior to my birth

I haven't seen such a good example of pic related in some time.

even though I really enjoyed the show I agree with this

Why so much butthurt though? You could have deleted the entire last line of your post and it would have come across as legitimate criticism instead of you sounding like a mad baby.

Same

20 minutes into the first episode and I'm kind of bored, should I keep going if I hate Spielberg?

Loved the kid actors

Winona Ryder over acted as a mom who's kid may or may not be dead? Maybe you just don't understand emotions.

yep

seriously?

uh huh