>>72480996

I understand the need for diversity, but nobody in Hollywood would dare to make a movie about African folk heroes being White.

Nor a movie about African leaders and historical figures. We can have a Black Julius Caesar but God forbid a White Mansa Musa. Or White Malcolm X.

What about Jesus?

He was caucasian. It's the equivalent of having a sub saharan African play by an American half breed nig nog.

Gawain?

>I understand the need for diversity
I don't.

Digimon Honsou is everywhere. Glad to see he's getting work.

This isn't a historical drama you thick fuck it's magical fantasy with dragons magical elephants, magic and kungfu brits.

complaining about black people in it is the least ofthe things you should be bitching about

The first part of the trailer looked like classic guy ritchie, hope the entire movie is like that.

Why don't they just make a King Arthur set in SubSaharan Africa? Mix it with African folk tales n shiet. Might be a welcome change of scenery for a thing that's already been done dozens of times. Shit, you could do it in Aztec Mexico or in Mongolia, just in a way that makes sense.

>Mentions "black Julius Caesar"
>Mentions "African folk heroes" as well as actual people

Please learn to read an entire post you goddamn retard.

>King John I'm NOTTINGHAM
>they work for the outlaw, the man in tights
>HOOD?

WE

WUZ

>black guy

dropped

Why are there giant elephant monsters? This looks retarded

Guy Ritchie is a hack director who can't quite do anything outside heist movies, so when he was proposed to direct a fantasy movie all he could imagine is blending what he can (a heist movie) with what's trendy and popular: he got elephants from LotR, actors from Vikings and GoT, generic fireball-throwing faggot from D&D shit, something from Warcraft movie maybe.

>it's a guy ritchie tries to make his movie weird and unique and he goes too far episode

> It is the first installment of a planned six films series.
>Idris Elba was in talks to play a Merlin-esque figure who trains and mentors Arthur.[8] When Elba did not sign on to the film, the director continued to look for an actor to play the role.
> Elizabeth Olsen was in talks for the female lead.[10] However, on September 18, it was Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey who was cast to play Guinevere.

You guys are retarded.
Guy Ritchie clearly drew inspiration from Eschenbach's Parcival. The peom mixed Arthurian shit together and the character feirefiz was half black. So maybe that's him.
On Wikipedia:

>"Feirefiz is a character in Wolfram von Eschenbach's Arthurian poem Parzival. He is the half-brother of Parzival, the story's hero. He is the child of their father Gahmuret's first marriage to the Moorish queen Belacane (Italian: "lovely meat"), and equals his brother in knightly ability."

looks great in a really stupid way

what is the need for diversity?

>Jesus was caucasian

I think it's appropriate. After all, during colonisation we stole everything from the dark-skinned man it is only proper to begin centuries-long reparation to make up for all the evil and perfidy we've committed as a people over time.

Moors being called black is insulting to North Africans.

>its a "moors were black" post

Othello wasn't black you mong, he was brown. They could have had any number of North African actors play that part(Alexander Siddig should have been cast). But no, literally Djimon Hounsou. What the fuck.

>Reading comprehension

I said MAYBE the black guy COULD BE the MOORISH GUY from Parcival. MAYBE.

not him but

>implying king arthur is esoteric magical fantasy
>implying it isn't rooted in an establish period

this is like saying "there should be women in battlefield 1, it's not so hard to believe wtf! it's a video game!"

Yes. You obviously have never met someone from the levant, if you can even find that on a map.

Isn't it amazing how shitlibs always whine about "whitewashing" and "cultural appropriation" whilst conveniently completely ignoring anti-white actual cultural appropriation like this? Bunch of hypocritical cucks

Once a king, always a king

That's a caucasian dipshit. Do you actually know what a Caucasian is?

they actually look alike

Bruh.

Jesus was a semite.

A JEW

This looks so ridiculous it might be actually pretty fucking funny.

I'll watch it for based Roose and CIA

WE

Was that a rare CIA I spotted?

Wait until they go back on wikipedia to find characters for the next film and notice the progressive potential of Sir Percival, kek.

>Jesus
>African
>literally a jew

>check cast
>No Lancelot

so let me guess, the black guy who plays a C-list knight no one ever heard of will be the one to cuck Arthur, omg what a twist.

Othello was not a nigger you idiot, Othello was a North African. This is his supposed inspiration, though he may have been a bit tanner in reality.

>le moor = black

Confirmed retard.

Moors aren't Black. Moors are like Moroccans or Egyptians.

They're doing separate movies for each of the main knights and then a knights of the round table film. That will be when Lancelot cucks him.

Unless they scrap tat idea.

lol what, that terrible, they're really not interesting enough to carry their own films, jesus.

You'll also notice most of the main knights are missing. Sir Bedevire is there for some reason, but Arthur's adoptive brother Sir Kay isn't.

Mains also missing
>Sir Gawain
>Sir Percival
>Merlin
>Morgan
>Sir Tristan
>Sir Bors
>Sir Galahad

I expect the next film will likely be a Sir Gawain
film with the Green Knight as the villain, and maybe chuck Dame Ragnelle in as well. Lancelot (maybe with Galahad) and Merlin will likely get there own films as well if this kicks off.

Never gonna happen, there is no way these films will make enough money.

Sherlock Holmes did pretty good business, but then again it did have RDJ as well.

>planned six-film series

Lol. And that joke of a Power Rangers reboot is supposedly getting like seven fucking sequels or some shit too.

>David Beckham

What the actual fuck?

I disagree actually. Arthur is actually a really good story to do with this, because most of it is just stories of a little adventure one of his knights had. The main three are certainly different enough to carry their own films.

Though I've got a feeling they'll take notice of a certain aspect of Sir Percival's lore, which Sup Forums will get triggered by, and run with it.

Its certainly a better idea then Universal Monsters Universe.

It has the potential to be a great film series. It doesn't look like it will be though, unfortunately.

That's just dumb ass pandering that shows a complete disregard for casting.

I will NEVER give my time to any project that pulls that bullshit.

Some moors were black, though.

Use of the word black in the play might have just been meant as evil.

In Europe prior to Colonialism, calling someone black, red, golden, etc was a reference to hair color.

>tfw we wuz posting is kill

I don't, certainly not in a british tale made in a time when it had no blacks.

Diversity is our strength.

He's playing Sir Bedivere. Sir Bedivere was never a moor.

He doesn't really do much, but mostly he's just Sir Kay's wingman.

In a few adaptions where Lancelot isn't included however, Bedivere is usually the one who tends to take his most iconic roles, including the one you're thinking of, kek.