What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iN6Rlh4KonQ?t=5m37s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not enough sex scenes

They like The Force Awakens and Fury Road.

they started putting numale faggots in their shit

the lack of Jessi and Gillian and letting those dumbfuck Canadians back on the air

Patreon

Space Cop replacing Plinkett

Rich Evans and Jack Packard's greater presence.

Previously Recorded

Mike is the boss so everything that went wrong can be blamed on him.

nothing. these guys are terrific

Nothing M8

Mike has a very high opinion of himself. It colors all of their content except probably Pre Rec. His shitty attempts to rewrite every movie he sees, his near constant use of words like "schlock", even the picture he uses for their YouTube page is a years old picture of him that he obviously thinks looks so good because he's slightly less fat and wearing a cool leather jacket. Fuck mike 100 hundred percent

The slow realization that they're actually just fucking plebs.
>green room is bad
>jurassic world is great, everyone who says otherwise is just a LOSER
>independence day 1 is so DUMB, everyone who likes it is DUMB, it's the DUMBEST movie EVER and ruined movies forever because it's so dumb, if it wasn't for independence day, movies would be great
>independence day 2 is great!
>the dark knight rises fucking ROCKS dudes

I don't care if they have opinions different to mine, but there's a point where you realize they're actually fucking dopes and people treat them like they're an AUTHORITY on film and parrot their every opinion because le rich evans laugh so funneh

Also Space Cop was an eye opener because you realize for all their shit-talking about films they just cannot make anything with sincerity. Mike putting on that "I'm acting" voice for the entire film is unbearable.
If I gave these idiots 5 million dollars and asked them to make something good instead of """ironically""" bad, they couldn't.
They couldn't write a genuinely funny script, it would have to be constantly sarcastic.
They couldn't act, it would have to be "pretend" acting.
They couldn't direct for shit.

Mike is dying of obesity and alcoholism.
The rest of them are irrelevant.

rich sounds like hes about to cry every time he opens his mouth

e-welfare in the form of patreon was the beginning of the end

hiring jack, a literal viral marketer, didn't help either and helped to meme-ify the cast members

jessi leaving, which indicated the end of the age of innocence

You have to be more subtle with the bait. Remember, most of us have seen these videos

Anyway, here's your (you)

Not him, how is he wrong?

Mike loved TFA, he loved Jurassic World, he thought Independence Day 2 was better than its prequel.

I'M DYING LAUREN

Oh, and I think I'll add their unbearable fanbase who call any criticism of them "bait"

I know you're all screaming BASED right now because they made fun of the new Ghostbusters, but just wait until they agree with a liberal and all you fickle cunts start screaming about them being sellout SJW cucks.

Mike's criticism of Saulnier's films was absolutely infuriating

someone post the copypastas

I hate how they constantly moan about everything being dumb action movies now, for dummies, and then all they ever go see is big box office movies and act like they're completely above them.
In the VERY rare case that they watch something outside their comfort zone they act like it was boring, pretentious or needed to be more pleb to be good.

In a way it's no surprise that they have become as popular as they are, because they represent the online masses so perfectly: They bitch and moan in a way that makes them sound like they're above it all, and much more intelligent than the AVERAGE cinema goer, and then all they do is go see fucking Marvel movies.

They have their heads up their asses

detached X-Men mentos

Pretty much nailed how I've been feeling about them more and more lately.
The Plinkett Star Wars reviews drew me in because they were genuinely intelligent breakdowns of why those films didn't work, along with some gags along the way.

Now I'm watching a half-drunk Mike gurgle a half-baked opinion he came up with an hour after seeing a movie which he was drinking through.
It's honestly just sad. And it will only get worse because of their dickriding fanbase who think they're never wrong. I've even started to hear that "Sonic 1 was bad because you couldn't see the enemies coming" bullshit from people now. Nobody has ever said this before but now Rich Evans said it so it's true.

>on the air
What fucking decade do you think you're in?

they turned to shit

>getting mad at a fictional character's opinion
never watch The Critic, he might offend some movie you liked as a kid

2bh everything from them except plinkett star wars reviews is not that good

>they must be super serious all the time

>dickriding fanbase who think they're never wrong
Who? Where?

What in the ever living fuck are you rambling about?

Why do so many people like those steaming piles of shit?

They are fun, people like watching and discussing them with their friends

>I can't wrap my brain around someone having a different opinion than me

>they must be super serious all the time
Where did I say that? I said I liked the Plinkett reviews because they were intelligent but had good gags in them.

I swear I need a Sup Forums filter that removes all greentext because it's always the most retarded interpretation possible from another post and never makes sense or adds to the discussion.

Look, I'll do it to you now:
>they must never be serious, they should just do fart gags constantly and not discuss the films at all

That's what you were saying, right?

Not the same user, but I thought the Sonic thing was stupid too and it was obvious Rich and Jack just suck at the game.

But I still think RLM makes some legitimate points now and again. I don't agree with everything they say and they're definitely not right all the time, but they're not wrong all the time either.

I haven't watched the Plinkett Star Wars videos since the Jar Jar revelation. I wonder how much they still make sense.

>I need a Sup Forums filter that removes all greentext because it's always the most retarded interpretation possible from another post and never makes sense or adds to the discussion.
Says the guy with greentext in his post

Who treats them like they matter? This isnt plebbit.

>the Jar Jar revelation
Fucking kill yourself.

They liked green room
Said JW was good not great
Jay hated ID2. Mike only enjoyed it more because it was schlockier. Not a mark of quality.
And they correctly enjoy rises and insult idiots who hate it due to things like "they never explain how batman gets back into gotham!"

They do watch other movies but only make reviews of big releases because thats how they get the views and are easy to make fun of, any of their videos "catch up" videos they each talk about different films. Thats how i ended up watching Enemy.

Reading posts in full before replying is usually a good way to not embarrass yourself

> First point is a complete lie

HOW IS HE RONG GUUUUYS!

Challenge:
Say one negative thing about RLM other than Jack that doesn't result in their fans falling over themselves to explain why you're wrong to dislike it.

Good luck.

Now refute the Space Cop stuff because it's 100% fucking true

>durr try and say an opinion that is irrefutable
You're a fucking idiot.

Mike LITERALLY said he loved Jurassic World.

youtu.be/iN6Rlh4KonQ?t=5m37s

>a complete lie
Mike gave it a negative review because it was "miserable"
Spoken like a true capeshit loving manchild

>jay? jay bauman? is that you?

>my "review" of reddit letter memeia

>tick. tock.

>"hey mike, i realized i have no marketable skills"

RLM defense force at it's finest.
You're mad as fuck even before the criticisms are posted.

You summed my feelings up pretty well. Plinkett was a brilliant deconstruction of the movie making process, an expose of an uninhibited director drunk with power. Plinkett gave insights into the movie making process, film theory, scriptwriting and characterization.

Best of the Worst is two guys giving off-the-cuff ramblings about the latest popcorn flick. They're just not comparable.

Peaked too early in the first series, got renewed too many times, and the characters got flanderized.

>HURRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MOM IM POSTING ON THE INTERNET MOM

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

"Hey Mike.. I just realized that I have zero marketable job skills, and have completely relied upon you - the man who slept with my first love - for virtually my entire adult life!
My most recent attempt at solo comedy fell flat on its face and fizzled out after being deadpanned by my most loyal fans! I'm nothing more than a polyp sucking on the colon of Red Letter Media, satiated with my lack of ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry I so bitterly critique!
With the exception of a cute haircut and a sycophantic, ingratiating nature, I offer virtually nothing to you! It's become clear that I have absolutely no future in film making, outside of making "ironically bad" YouTube videos as I obediently wait at your side to collect my earnings (mere pennies on the dollar) as they fall off the table into my food dish!"

They're just guys on the internet giving their opinions about recent movies. I think you haters are more autistic than the actual fanbase. I mean, what the fuck?

go to bed Mike

great pasta

who are you quoting?

fucking hell that seems scarily true of them
I still like them because they're funny, but I sure as hell don't take their opinions on movies to heart
is this fresh pasta?
nobody is more autistic than their fanbase, nobody
the haters are pretty bad though

they're too geeky. They obsess over capekino and nerd-culture films like Ghostbusters and Star Wars. So in a sense they are forever plebs. I still watch HitB tho

>hey, stop criticizing the critics!
um?

mike can spend months making an autistic review about a flick made for children, but if an user spends 10 minutes writing a review of mike and his entertainment business he's somehow in the wrong?

umm??????

That's right, Jay!

>If I gave these idiots 5 million dollars and asked them to make something good instead of """ironically""" bad, they couldn't.
This

>>green room is bad

?

Space Cop proved they weren't experts at all and suddenly all their film knowledge turned to dust
It was like everyone realized they'd just done a film course in school but then dropped out after learning how to pretend you know what you're doing.

They didnt join up with douge when he offered.

Jar Jar being evil literally makes Phantom Menace make sense which ties all the movies together. Think about it. If Jar Jar is who he seems than everything that happens in PM is just random bullshit with no cause.

But if Jar Jar is working for Palpatine then you see that the whole situation was a set up in his plan for turning Anakin evil.

the movie with the alien cow farting? who gives a shit

This was a big blow for me. They spent like 4-5 years on Space Cop, poured time and money into their most ambitious project yet - their other projects and periodic shows suffered for it- and what did they have to show for it in the end?

A horrible, unwatchably unfunny movie. What's worse is they charged the very patrons who helped make it possible, double dipping if you will.

Space Cop exposed RLM for what they truly are, a group of youtube vloggers who got lucky.

It's Star Wars, which was always semi silly space opera. A farting cow isn't that far out for those movies.

>Space Cop exposed RLM for what they truly are, a group of youtube vloggers who got lucky.

Just like George Lucas.

Poetry

Because using your editing skills to do something creative and expressive that reaches hundreds of thousands of people is the same as saying "lol these guys suck" on fucking Sup Forums? Do you seriously not understand the difference?

Did Jay actually do a solo comedy thing? Or is that just pasta

>Space Cop proved they weren't experts at all
I would think the fact that they've never claimed to be experts would have been enough proof that they're not experts, never have been, and never claimed to be.

Best of the worst is off-the-cuff ramblings about random movies, not "latest popcorn flick"

It's funny to just watch and get their reactions. Wheel of the worst is only funny when they get funny material.

When did you come to accept that the only actually good thing RLM ever did was the Plinkett SW prequel reviews?
And when did you come to accept that even they weren't works of genius, but in fact overlong rundowns of long-known problems in films which were the easiest targets possible, which practically nobody would ever try defend?
When did you first ask yourself why you found it so important to seek a critic-god who you would filter all your own opinions through first before daring to think for yourself?
When did you accept that you're old enough to not need RLM to be your virtual cool older brother anymore?

Because directing a multibillion dollar franchise, managing thousands of people, crafting a story to be enjoyed by millions of fans is the same as editing a few clips together with rape jokes on fucking YouTube. Do you seriously not understand the difference?

This guy gets it. Trashing Phantom Menace was like shooting fish in a barrel but everyone ate it up and convinced themselves it was brilliant.

Nice false equivelency, bro.

Thanks! Was it as good as yours?

A written critique is no less valid than a critique put into video form. You're struggling to make a point, user.

If the aforementioned copypasta was made into video form, and the Plinkett review was an essay, would either be less valid or true?

I don't expect an honest answer.

>what went wrong?

Their fans.

I think his point was that it's far easier to criticize something than create something. So putting the same value on someone who just says "that was shitty and here's why" has a lot less intrinsic value than actually creating something. I could be putting words in his mouth though.

>is this fresh pasta?

greetings reddit

>someone who is from another board is reddit
boy you're pretty stupid huh

The only thing that's wrong with RedLetterMedia is that they became so popular that their fanbase primarily consists of retards now and attracts non-fan retards that dedicate their pointless lives to spouting memes and insults here and on the youtube comment section as can be seen in this very thread.

They gave AIDSMoby a platform. Unforgivable.

>giving enough of a shit about what Sup Forums or youtube says to become this fucking bitter
you failed at life. you failed.

I've tried to watch Best of the Worst, but I can't stand that Josh guy. Does he get better once you're used to him? He's the only one I don't like.

>he said ironically, while bitterly berating a stranger

>not a single criticism of RLM has been refuted ITT
I'm glad to see Sup Forums is finally letting go of it's rabid fanboyism, but sadly some redditors remain in denial

They don't enjoy anything. What's the point of following a critic of they hate everything?

Fury road

But user, they enjoyed Jurassic World and all your favourite Marvel superhero movies :^)

The fact that they don't give a shit is the perfect defense to all criticism.

Did Mike make a shit joke? It's fine because he doesn't give a shit, haha! He said it in a silly voice because he knows it's a bad joke, dummy!
You thought Space Cop was shit? Ugh come on guys, that's the joke! They don't give a shit! You say it's shit, but that's how they wanted it to be! Half in the Bag is lazy garbage full of shit opinions they haven't thought out? Tut tut, don't you see, user? They don't care so you're silly to expect better!

This is what I hate about RLM.
The only things they ever did good were plinkett reviews they did years ago because they actually cared. And guess what, that's where all their fans came from.
And now they churn out complete shit that they don't work hard on but it's fine because their fans will love it anyway and if you expect any better from them you're told "it's not MEANT to be good!"

A little irony and sarcasm is fine but RLM sucks the moment you realise they literally have nothing else to offer

Then don't watch episodes with Josh guy.

They do, though. In fact reviews where they are blatantly, overtly negative are not that common. Mike in particular tends to be much more forgiving

>Mike in particular tends to be much more forgiving
mike is on the take

They forgot to pay their shekles to the man.