Was this any good? I remember seeing a bit of the first episode and thinking it was ok

Was this any good? I remember seeing a bit of the first episode and thinking it was ok.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cL5S0DIXk2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks fake and gay.

Best HBO mini.

some episodes are great some are shit and i watched it too long ago to remember which were which

It's Revolutionkino tbqhwyf

I've watched it a couple of times now. It's great. It's a very straight faced drama and quite slow so binging isn't an option but it's very well put together. Being interested in the era certainly helps.

yea it's pretty good, i re-watch every once in a while because gandolfini and stannis the mannis (he plays jefferson) are really good in it.

it's very condensed though, every episode takes like 5 years of his life and crams it down into an hour.

the first 4 or 5 episodes are great, it starts getting boring around the time he becomes president though.

it's definitely worth watching. it's very condensed though, each episode takes like 5 years of his life and just jams it into an hour.

>gandolfini

meant giamatti....

Loved it! But I also like Gettysburg so disregard my opinion.

>Was this any good?

Oh fuck yes.

Why are we not allowed to like Gettysburg again?

yeah, its probably the best miniseries

also, Paul Giamatti was in Skull and Bones

there are people that dislike gettysburg?

its just one of those movies that made for history nerds and history nerds only. Just like Tora Tora Tora

The series is based on a huge book written about john adams. They wanted to make a movie but theres no way they could have with all the information available.

Ben franklin was played very well by tom wilkinson but my favorite part is George Washington being sworn in as president, it was very accurate.

I know right! Every time I say that I like it people say stuff like, ham acting or pompous script. But al I want to do is to fall sleep in Tom Berengers beard snuggling with Jeff Daniels mustache while listening to Michael Sheen monologuing over the sound of canons.

Martin Sheen*

I wanted to punch Thomas Jefferson in the face.

He is proof that fedoras existed in the 18th century

why would you ever punch stannis in the face?

It's the seventeen century, retard.

If you into history its great.

This fucking scene.

>own a giant chair
>stand

Explain this logic.

I think Jefferson had legit autism in this show. The way he feels about freedom is how CWC feels about Sonic.

He a mad king bro.

No this scen is the best.

youtu.be/cL5S0DIXk2M

A new country could only be founded by autists

>revolution was exciting
>him sitting around being president is the boring part

Sounds like adams to me

This. 100%, one of the best mini series of all time.I honestly watching again every year.

1700s are the 18th Century, senpai.

oh man, I was right with there with poor John adams, that episode made me hate the french.

I know, I didn't even respond to that post because it was so dumb. But it's hilarious that he thought he was being clever.