Sampling is stealing

>Sampling is stealing

Other urls found in this thread:

otchiphop.com/2017/04/03/kanye-west-tlop/
youtube.com/watch?v=j04mQ6UnGTI
youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU
pitchfork.com/news/56459-aphex-twin-speaks-on-his-new-album-being-sampled-by-kanye-more/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kendrick is a better musician

Is sampling legal if you don't ask for permission?

Yes, it only becomes illegal if you refuse to hand over most of your profits to the copyright holder.

no
at least kanye produces himself sometimes

This guy is the best at sampling, because when he samples it's usually just a soundbite from some obscure horror show that he works in with the music and the theme really well throughout a song, as opposed to just straight up taking a good part of another song and putting it in your song.

otchiphop.com/2017/04/03/kanye-west-tlop/

If your music is basically a compilation of sounds of other artists, can it really be considered 'your music'?

It pretty much is, niggers got away with for a long time, but then actual musicians they stole from started to sue the talentless fucks

I'm pretty sure if you don't profit off of it, then it's fine. I'm not sure, but I think you can even release it for free and it'll be fine.

>tfw Kanye hates you and everything you stand for while you dance to his raps

Better technical rapper. Kanye is better at production.

What if you play it at a concert?

Depends if anyone finds out

Just like in life, the nigger always steals

youtube.com/watch?v=j04mQ6UnGTI

youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU

Just like in life, the cracker always lies.

The riff they "stole" was played by session musicians you ignorant inbred cousin fucking pigskin cumskim Edomite piece of filth.

A better rapper maybe, but a better musician? Nah.

Like others have said, Kanye has better production, which he does himself. Kanye also had a better creative vision, imo. Kendricks concepts - GKMC and TPAB, had really been done before. Kendrick did them better, but they'd been done before. There wasn't anything quite like the College Dropout, 808s, whether you like it or not, was revolutionary, and I'd even say MBDTF was a more interesting and original concept than GKMC, maybe not TPAB (though MBDTF is better than TPAB).

U mad as fuck

im jacking off to your assumption

I guess kanye is lucky that Aphex Twin is a nice guy

The Avalanches say yes.

On Kanye sampling Drukqs’ “Avril 14th” on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’s “Blame Game”: “Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack. I know that he tried to fucking rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying. I was really helpful, and when they first sent it to me, I was like, ‘Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,’ because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artifacts. I was like, ‘I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.’ And they totally didn't even say ‘hello’ or ‘thanks,’ they just replied with, ‘It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.’” [laughs]

pitchfork.com/news/56459-aphex-twin-speaks-on-his-new-album-being-sampled-by-kanye-more/

If your music is made up of other workers' instruments, is it really your music?

Kanye just settled a 2.5 million lawsuit over the sample used for the outro to New Slaves

Also its not stealing if its put to better use, should be greatful

>steal music from real musicians
>have someone ghost write your lyrics
>litttrly have zero talent

Thats rap in 2017

Rza asked for permission but then started making his own sounds after the sample owners starter asking for an exorbitant amount of money. That was the day hip hop died.

savage

Swordsman beat on Liquid Swords has to be one of the best beats from RZA.

RZA is the master at sampling, it's just that its not worth paying for samples is he's producing the albums himself. You need a whole army like Kanye or beyonce to afford pop songs.

Sampling is at its best when you're not sampling music.

what you probably look like

if life was like that then the electric guitar would have never been invented

Kendrick isn't even a good rapper

I heard Elton John is very hard to let someone sample his stuff, but he gladly let GZA use Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for a song.

At least he's white lol

Kendrick best song on the new album is only good because it uses a sample of a great song by itself

His usage of King Crimson samples was cringe worthy and awful.

He put those fossils back on the map.

you have to rap the words and act like a monkey in front of camera tho

Especially when you're part of the same label, MCA...

Why does aphex twin want to support the current system of paying artists for samples? I thought he was an electronic alien man that liked jungle and sampling and shit

People who arent artists dont understand how bad it feels when you work super hard on something and some jackass just steals it

Then couldn't you take a large chunk of someone's song, barely change it, release it for free, and possibly cause the original artist to lose money because people got the free one instead?
How do vaporwavers get away with it?

It's quite the opposite tbqh. You're obviously not one

>implying kanye would sample your music
>implying ALL artists don't like the added exposure of being sampled.