Creepy red edition

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0QASfyHc-c
youtube.com/watch?v=kgQ-C4iCX74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's spelled 'crappy'

I missed you too user

so what new /who/ memes have I missed, haven't been here since Bill was announced

nothing

slow year I guess isn't it

you've missed the shitty meme where people pretend they are posting for the first time in a long time but they are lying

/vp/ was keeping me busy

Paul McGann on set filming a minisode with Frazer Hines

why is that in a spoiler?

n e v e r
e
v
e
r

nah

not even william 'what you need is a jolly good smacked bottom' hartnell would say something like that

or the 2nd doctor who often told victoria to stay behind while he and jamie investigated because it was safer

they were both paternal and very protective but they weren't actually misogynistic like that quote, which implies the doctor prefers females to be terrified and screaming

notably hartnell was often more inclined to listen to barbara's advice than to ian's, and troughton had no qualms about dragging zoe along because she wasn't timid like victoria

and 4 was even further away from the paternalistic style of the earlier doctors si it's even more of a stretch to imagine him saying it

oh hey

youtube.com/watch?v=t0QASfyHc-c

>that quote, which implies the doctor prefers females to be terrified and screaming
It's a joke, by Terrance, making fun out of the alleged, and sometimes actual, sexism of the 60s and 70s and the modern attitude of the 90s when the novel was written.

If you take jokes like this out of context and then literally, then you will inevitably get offended.

>a joke
>"My view of the heroine is that her job is to be strapped to the railway line and scream until the Doctor comes and rescues her." -Terrance Dicks

asBill will be

>another Ace
>a black Rose
>another Martha
>a younger but black Donna
>a black lesbian Amy
>a less cute Clala with small tits and an afro

Apart from that, little news user.

Every Companion Ever!

Which he always says with a cheeky grin and laughing and knows full well he's baiting you with this very obvious comedy sexism.

That's Terrance!

I would be so easy to make one. But no.

where did it all go wrong

>Tewwance
ftfy

I dislike how even the headline of the article ignores the "Or Idris Elba" part, which shows how he's sort-of half-joking--since Idris Elba is always mentioned.

Did he read every Marvel comic before making writing those films?
At least we'll never get a Josh Sweden episode

he isn't joking.

Yes he's a master baiter and loves to wind people up .

Josh Whedon can just fuck off. He's a very limited writer with a very small set of tropes he reuses every time.

Of his TV works I only watched Firefly. Didn't inspire me to seek the rest out.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgQ-C4iCX74

Idris Elba must be fucking sick of getting mentioned in every article about black actors.
It's almost a kind of unintentional racism.

>constant talks about replacing White people (Doctor Who, James Bond, etc)
But yes Black people are the real victims here

>Shona will never be a companion
It still hurts.

What is this ridiculous response meant to mean?

you know you can still like horror at fang rock while pointing out terry has some shit opinions right?

I mean the man recently described tennant as "the quintessential doctor" and "the one who best summed up the spirit" of dr who

even as someone who liked 10 I think that's silly

Good.

It's not sexist to think that Doctor Who works best when the companion is always asking questions and constantly getting into danger. You might think it's incorrect, but it's not sexist. That was the way the show worked for a large chunk of its time, and it provided drama and plot development.

They tried having a strong independent womyn companion with Liz Shaw, and decided that it didn't work for Doctor Who. And they were sort of right, once Jo is introduced the show starts becoming much more like the "Doctor Who" so many people grew to know and love.

I still laugh about this. I remember some angry user arguing with me in the post live thread when I said she wasn't gonna come back. He said he was capping all of my posts and he couldn't wait until I was BTFO when Shona returned.

I can't imagine the damage control

Liz>Jo

Yep. She'll be loved and hated in equal measure. That's /who/.

Sarah-Jane Smith is an exception.

That's what Tewwance wants you to think but Jo helped the Doctor out of scrapes plenty of times, so even ditzy Jo wasn't just there to be rescued, and the show was much better off for it.

Reminder

There are people who hate SJS too.

>always asking questions and constantly getting into danger.
Those things are fine, but preferably they shouldn't be an implied result of feminine ditsiness and frailness.

It's not sexist. Unfortunately too many people think that if it is good for women to be equal to men that means any woman can be equal to any man she wants.

Yes, she did. It's called character development. Particularly by Frontier In Space, she is off doing her own thing and standing up for herself. But in the beginning, she was very much written as "silly little girl who gets herself into trouble".

None of this conflicts with anything I said so I'm not sure what your point is.

If the companion was a man, they would also have to be a bit clueless and get themselves into trouble, for the show to work. The gender is mostly irrelevant

I never brought it up and the user obviously didn't either but I get a chuckle out of it when Shona gets mentioned sometimes. I actually had no problem with the character but the Shonafags were pretty delusional about the whole thing. They thought 'Forgive Dave' was some kind of meaningful clue.

I know relative, I know

>If the companion was a man, they would also have to be a bit clueless and get themselves into trouble, for the show to work. The gender is mostly irrelevant
Yes. And nobody would care. Because men know subordination.

Why did people want her to be a companion anyways? Were they just mad Clara was returning?

Jo never does anything actually stupid or cowardly in any story she is in. She stands up to all monsters and villains and never 'falls in love' until she meets a human version of the Doctor she admires as much as her surrogate father, and a little bit of a hint of possible romance with King Peladon.
People mix up ditzy Katy with Jo, I think.

Nah, Jo was an escapologist from her first appearance, and rescued 3 when he got captured by the circus freaks. If course she got even more resourceful as she went but it was there from the start. And both are a long way away from Tewwance's desire for the heroine to be tied to the rail road tracks.

this

>"silly little girl who gets herself into trouble"
not even close to the truth except the COMEDY intro in Terror of the Autons where the JOKE is that the Doctor thinks he's lumbered with someone far less capable than polymath Liz Shaw.

I liked her. She was cute, funny, and had good chemistry with Doctor. That's all that matters.

Let's be honest, anyone who agrees to travel with Doctor who didn't graduate top of their Navy SEAL class has a deathwish.

>Actually taking the "tied to the railroad tracks" quote seriouslyHe was laughing when he said it. It is hyperbole.

Again, hyperbole. I love Jo and think she's a fantastic character, but, compared to Liz Shaw, she's a bit of a klutz, and deliberately so.

>a bit of a klutz
In other words, some comedy business in light moments.
You could say the same about Donna, for example.

The comedy from Donna was more to do with how her and The Doctor's bossy personalities clashed with each other

>a bit of a klutz
in the comedy moments, like Jamie, Sgt Benton, Harry Sullivan, Rory, etc

Remember when people thought Clara was leaving in Last Christmas? I remember there was an interview with Jenna and people said you could tell by the "body language" that she was leaving. I posted how there was no way they'd be able to keep it a secret if she was leaving and people got mad and said I was going to be proved wrong when the episode airs. The butthurt after Last Christmas aired was glorious.

I agree. Jo gets misrepresented as a silly useless screamer and she's not that at all. Despite what Dicks preferred she was just as proactive as Liz just in different ways owing to differences of expertise.

and things like her being so drunk and fucked up she misses alien invasions and doesn't even care when other people mention them because she just likes getting drunk and fucked up every week

yes, and I still say, if you talk to Terrance, or see him chuckling in interviews, he says things like that for a laugh and to wind a few people up.

>I remember there was an interview with Jenna and people said you could tell by the "body language" that she was leaving.

>tfw it's probably the same anons still doing this with Capaldi's interviews

They will never learn

I don't remember that lmao when was that

I disagree, I think he's joking about "not being able to get away with it anymore" rather than trolling. I'm a fan of a lot of his work but I don't expect to share his views on everything.

let's get this straight - you agree he's joking about it, right?

but you don't think he's making the joke to annoy a few people just for his won amusement? OK. I cannot see the point of the joke unless he knows he is potentially ruffling a few feathers for fun but fair enough,

CUUUUCK

No, I meant that I think he's serious about the remark but that he finds it amusing that they can't get away with doing it anymore. To him it's not a big deal, but he sees that it is to others and he kind of laughs it off.

Most people tell jokes because they think they're being funny

let's never have a Sup Forums meetup

Thanks for remind us that only minority in the universe is Africans.

You got BTFO m8.

>The Stones Of Blood, Episode One
>5 minutes of exposition regarding the Key to Time
I know this shit already baka

Also
>The set is literally just a black room

>I know this shit already baka
Well a random person tuning in in 1978 might not. They might have missed an episode and would have no internet or DVR to catch them up.

She's far more loved than hated. And rightly so.

>anime

Phuck off back to Sup Forums

i can't remember the specific story sorry

I think it was her first appearance, Runaway Bride.

It's the only story he was this comically abrasive.

I thought Sonic was a Western cartoon, or at least not anime.

>Oi Spaceman!
>Oi lanky!
>Oi black guys!

Dammit wish I'd put a bet on Pearl when her name was leaked here weeks b4 the announcement.

>tfw it's been a full year since the last Tardis Eruditorum post
Do you think he'll do the Capalderino era in full once he leaves?

Anime reaction pics are commonplace all over Sup Forums, Ian.

I think that was the joke. Also it looks like it might be an Egoraptor animation.

I know, I know. It's still a bit tedious to have to sit through. In fact, the whole of episode one is a bit tedious to be honest.

Also, the director of this serial clearly has a foot fetish, with several gratuitous shots of Mary Tamm's feet throughout the episode.

"Alright Mary, now we're just going to take a 20 second long shot of your bare feet."
"Haven't we already done this?"
"This is another one."
"Are you sure this is necessary?"
"Absolutely."

What does /who/ think of Zagreus? I thought it was alright but probably the weakest of the show's anniversary specials. Are there any other audios featuring Uncle Winky because I really want there to be.

Oh wait, I just realized if there were he wouldn't be played by Sylvester McCoy. Shit.

I wasn't a fan of it, Neverland was a great setup but Zagreus was just too long and boring. There were a few good bits but I recall just zoning out through most of it and as a result couldn't really follow the plot. I was satisfied with the ending though, because unlike a lot of people I actually really liked the divergent arc.

As a schoolboy Christopher Eccleston bullied the kids who liked Dr. Who and stole their crisps.

That's because Jo was better looking.

Reminder that back in 2009, pic related was 1st choice for Eleven but turned down the role.

Not because of muh diversity reasons at that time. He was 1st choice because he's a damn good actor.

Sorry Matt, you was great.

Jelly is an old meme

did pikeys steal your cable?

The Memester... REBORN!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

OH I AM BACK

'Chinese whispers'.

He didn't bully kids who liked Dr Who. He bullied kids to steal their dinner money and/or crisps.

Greedy bugger.