Jesus fuck this film is visceral...

Jesus fuck this film is visceral. It's like several horror films rolled into one with the bloke from A Bittersweet Life coming in to kick the fuck out of all of them. This is actually the latest Korean film I've watched, what would you guys advise from anything past this point? I've watched all the essentials from before the point of this film.

I don't get what is so great about this movie

It's pretty much the only decent Korean film.

inb4 angry Koreeaboos who have to pause Starcraft to yell at me for posting the truth

Nothing. Literally nothing is great about it. It's fucking terrible.

It's certainly not for everyone, liking Korean cinema seems to be a necessity to liking this and even then some people don't. I personally think it just combines the best points of slasher horror with revenge thriller to a fucking hell of an effect.

I'd have to disagree there though your opinion is valued, Oldboy, The Host, R-Point, A Bittersweet Life, A Tale of Two Sisters JSA. There are a fucking ton of brilliant Korean films.

I tried watching it but got bored 5 minutes in and turned it off.

Mother is probably my personal favorite Korean film.

I'd recommend a watch if you have not yet.

Not true. The Host had a very happ.......no actually it didn't. I'm a Robot and that's OK was pretty happy all the way through at least. It just wasn't very good.

Try living less than 800km to north Korea and tell me how happy you wake up every day.

Self indulgent revenge garbage. It tried way too hard

What about this for revenge film then?

Haven't watched it, i'm not even trying to be a contrarian or anything

I'd actually like someone to recommend me a GOOD revenge movie. I mean I saw the devil was entertaining and all but that's about it

Well man seriously watch Dead Man's Shoes. It's pretty much the opposite of I Saw the Devil. As long as you don't mind northern English accents it's probably one of the best in the genre. Disturbingly bleak.

Why do all Korean films star the same guy

Fuck off koreaboo

The Man from Nowhere is better desu

Don't listen to Its very simple. Has some different type of camera shots, but its so straight forward that it's not very interesting, at least imo.

Just feels pretty melodramatic, predictable, and couldn't get into the immersion much. There are much better films to watch.

Does that mean scottish? Because i'm not a native english speaker and i can't understand a single word in scottish accent.

I watched Trainspotting the other day and i had to turn on subtitles because i couldn't understand a single word.

But don't watch the trailer, the trailer makes it look like a ridiculously bad slasher film.

Well I'm Scottish but no, Northern English means people who live in the north of England. Scottish accents tend to be referred to as Scottish. No English involved.

I found more interest in the rawness of it than anything. I suppose it comes down to frame of reference. I live in a town a lot like the town portrayed in the film. People act like they do in the film apart from the nutter. It's something I could very much see happening a few doors down given the right circumstances.