ITT: Kero Kero Bonito

I just listened to this album for the first time today. How is it this fucking good? I expected meme music, and I got some great pop.

What does /mu think about KKB?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9SGHPQ2FVm8
youtu.be/9Qmwsg2pyEc
youtube.com/watch?v=EPFvbc4onks
youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA
youtube.com/watch?v=mKztreA6e7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bXUijntNjT4
youtube.com/watch?v=flgWCAaq4oI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vkr_7hpcG-w
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ43nlWmoeA
youtube.com/watch?v=TEkjgfunCGg
youtube.com/watch?v=QrgXTRTDYaw
youtube.com/watch?v=YG0ggHM1PLM
youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc
youtube.com/watch?v=V8fwWZD159k
youtube.com/watch?v=WyX-PRqzV78
youtube.com/watch?v=6Z3N79ktprw
youtube.com/watch?v=H3mgu_9Ji50
youtube.com/watch?v=teonOcW_m20
archived.moe/mu/thread/70262060/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i have a crush on sarah and find KKB's music emotionally crushing, in a good way

let me be the first to say:
It sounds like you have a crush

It's garbage; kys neeto.

Some of the Japanese lyrics are soul crushing. Sarah absolutely crushed her verse on LipSmack tbf.

>

youtube.com/watch?v=9SGHPQ2FVm8

Lipslap is my favorite song desu

I mean yeah.... but it's still good

Someone post it already.

it will absolutely crush OP's dreams

Or create new ones.

Can someone post something similar to KKB? Lyrically it's so fun and the music even better, the only way it could be better is if there were no japanese parts

Post what?

CRUSHED
R
U
S
H
E
D

DONT

Should I post it?

youtu.be/9Qmwsg2pyEc

does anyone know who the japanese singer in trampoline is?

Sarah Midori Perry

Don't you dare trash-talk The Tatami Galaxy

I think you should.

Op here, i just find this shit funny desu

no there is a full japanese girl in the middle of the song

don't be stupid

You are months late on this trend, friend.

The album is really good and well produced but unfortunately KKB's "cute" aesthetic has probably been ruined by the 'crushed' meme, so KKB is probably over unfortunately. They died a premature death because of Sarah's meathead boyfriend.

There's a reason nobody talks about KKB anymore. The music is nice but it's hard not to think of the Crusher now. He kind of ruined it.

Nearly everything from PC Music's early days is really KKB-esque. In fact, Jamie was pretty active on PC M as Kane West.
The only problem is that KKB is nice, fun pop while PC Music is exaggerated, twisted "uncanny valley" mega-pop, so it can be hard to swallow sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=EPFvbc4onks
youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA
youtube.com/watch?v=mKztreA6e7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bXUijntNjT4
youtube.com/watch?v=flgWCAaq4oI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vkr_7hpcG-w
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ43nlWmoeA
youtube.com/watch?v=TEkjgfunCGg
youtube.com/watch?v=QrgXTRTDYaw
youtube.com/watch?v=YG0ggHM1PLM

There's also SOPHIE's stuff, which follows PC Music's sugary pop aesthetic, except with a darker, much more texture-focused, hyper-kinetic approach.

youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc
youtube.com/watch?v=V8fwWZD159k
youtube.com/watch?v=WyX-PRqzV78
youtube.com/watch?v=6Z3N79ktprw
youtube.com/watch?v=H3mgu_9Ji50 (charli xcx track produced by SOPHIE)

>In fact, Jamie was pretty active on PC M as Kane West.
Whoops. It wasn't Jamie, it was Gus.

Sarah actually appeared on an early Kane West track, too. It's basically Kero Kero Bonito before Kero Kero Bonito was official.
youtube.com/watch?v=teonOcW_m20

God I wish there was a meme as effective as the crusher to shut down other waifupop threads. Why can't other mu waifus start dating apes who post their dicks on Facebook?

what exactly did crusher do? I kind of have a light feel for what's going on but i wanna know exactly what happened

Op here
>looks up crusher meme
>realizes
>starts back from top of thread
>youfuckshavebeensettingmeupsincethestart.jpeg
>then wonder how a meme could destroy an album like this

Hannah Diamond needs to sit on my face

>leave waifufags to me

grimes crush when?

Never, she loves James, and possibly Hana.

moar crusher dickprints pls

>women
>loyal
one day you'll learn

Sarah sings it
The woman in the video is her mom lipsynching

A couple months ago, Sup Forums uncovered the fact that Sarah's boyfriend, AKA "The Crusher," was an incredibly douche-y jock wrestler who constantly posted pictures of himself on Twitter and Instagram, the vast majority of these images featuring (read: focusing on) his semi-erect penis, bulging through his clothes.
He also posted a bunch of explicit/crude memes, mostly about having very rough, kinky sex. Sup Forums threw a fit because they thought Sarah was "pure." It...it wasn't pretty.
archived.moe/mu/thread/70262060/

I don't give a shit about Sarah's purity or whatever. She can do whatever she wants. Still, the image of Crusher now stains the back of my mind when I hear KKB's music now and I don't think they'll ever be able to shake that.

Fish Bowl is so cute.

do girls like this exist or is it all traps

>Singer of cute simple popgroup happens to be sexually active
>THIS ALBUM IS RUINED FOREVER WAHHHHHHHHHH
The most autistic virgins alive.

>A BLOW JOB A DAY KEEPS A SIDE BITCH AWAY
She's dating this man.

For me, it's not the mere fact that she's sexually active. It's the fact that she's dating a ridiculous high school jock caricature.

we gang bang in the uk 2 nigga

>singer of cute pop group is dating the most ridiculous looking asian ever

has a meme ever deteriorate an album this much? I just tried listening to flamingo and all I kept hearing is CRUSHER CRUSHER CRUSHER. Is Break about taking a rest from constant crushing? Is she so tired in Waking Up because her body was so abused the night before? Is Lipslap what he calls it when he smacks her with it? JESUS CHRIST HELP ME Sup Forums IM IN A DARK PLACE RIGHT NOW

what does crusher do for a living?

At least she's happy. I mean sure I can't get the image of Crusher out of my head when I listen to this album now but she can do what she want.

But holy shit does this dude even lift?

>Those shitty shoulders
>those DYEL legs
>Newbie Gain chest

>USING A FUCKING POWER BELT WITH THAT BODY

HOLY SHIT WHY? HE'S NOT EVEN A POWER LIFTER WHAT THE FUCK

0/10 Zyzz is rolling in his grave.

>"we are recording right now, leave a message after the beep"
>"yooo Gus and Jamie I just want to let you know I don't feel like doing anything today" hangs up
>a booming voice comes from the other room
>"the fuck are you doing Sarah, get in here start succin"

Sorry, out of the loop here. What the fuck is wrong with that person's legs in the top left? They look pretty deformed. Weird. And what do plastic water bottles have to do with this?

The day Crusher was uncovered was almost as good as the day Lavren yelled at us for being gross.
Or the time Deakin visited us.

hes sarah's dildo

its referring to tumblr girls

An Intellectual And Curvy Slut With An Extensive Vocabulary Talks Dirty Like It's Nobody's Business

>want to talk about cutesy album
>faggots want to talk about some guy's dick instead

the guys dick inspired the cutesy album

let see Crushers dubs

oh shit

not bad

No, the guy's dick is what Sup Forums keeps talking about like they want to suck it or something.

>They died a premature death
It took them 3-4 years to release Bonito Generation, I don't expect their next album anytime soon.

I wasn't really talking about release frequency. I was talking about their status as a pop group. I don't know if they'll be able to muster the same amount of hype around their upcoming record as they did around Bonito Generation.
Or maybe I'm just spending too much time on Sup Forums and the whole "Crusher" deal isn't much of a thing at all outside of this place. It's probably the latter.

Then again, for the pop crowd, 3-4 years is definitely a very long time to wait. That audience does NOT like to be left in the dark. They life frequent releases. I wonder if KKB will be able to maintain buzz until 2019.

>They life* frequent releases
like.*

Not gonna lie this Crusher shit cracks me up. It's gotta be painful for all the basement dweller waifu fags seeing some ripped asian dude with a monster dong living their dreams. I hope grimes pulls a man like that someday

grimes will stay with her neckbeard boyfriend forever

>the whole "Crusher" deal isn't much of a thing at all outside of this place
It really isn't. A quick search on Google shows next to nothing.

>long time to wait
I dunno about that. My theory is that they're looking at some new styles: a common criticism I've seen is that the cute aesthetic might be a novelty at best.

Personally, I don't mind long waits. Carly Rae Jepsen took her sweet time releasing EMOTION and that album was amazing, and Owl City's albums have bigger gaps between them.

Why would you ever want to be that guy lol

>lavren will stay with juston long forever

>bigger gaps
I meant that the gaps between releases have been growing.

brandon please. you don't even like kkb

Wait, people actually listen to this shit? I thought it was a meme from beginning to end.

It became a meme when Sup Forums decided to talk about a man's penis instead.

i'm not brandon faggot

t. brandon

It was always meme quality though. I thought you fuckers were being ironic, I even used posted a few times pretending to praise them. I thought you were cool, turns out you were boobs.

>doing things ironically
why

>listening to this unironically
I mean, I wouldn't even dream of listening to it ironically, a few posts is as far as I ever went.

What do you even want? (You)s?

Here's your (You),

this is why Sup Forums is so lame now, would you play that in the car if you were trying to impress a girl don't shave your chest like a little bitch

>two (you)'s in one post
T-thanks, but I already have someone I like.

PC music's early releases is superior to KKB in every way.

But you realize that she's also a fucking caricature, right? Wasn't that a key part of KKB's identity to begin with?

One would like to think the band was more than an extension of her sex life.

If I ever actually listened to this garbage I'd want to be flattened by a speeding semi instantly.

Is she pure? She looks the part

No.

I dropped them after I found out she isn't pure

Kero Kero Bonito!? That sounds like I Want, I Want, Beautiful

STEM is the only thing I fall into there

N-NO

SHUT UP user

it's over Brandon, you had time and a chance. move on with your life please

Leave bork and lain alone

NANI!?

>Still, the image of Crusher now stains the back of my mind when I hear KKB's music now and I don't think they'll ever be able to shake that.
This desu. It just doesn't fit in the aesthetic of the album.

EXOOOODDDDIIIAAAAA

Why should the lead singer's boyfriend affect the album in any way.