Do American schools only have one floor? Isn't that just a waste of space?

Do American schools only have one floor? Isn't that just a waste of space?

no. maybe the ones built later in the 70s or 80s in places with a lot of cheap space.

Every school is different faggot

Both high schools I went to had second floors.

That picture looks like it's from 1981.

America is huge we don't have to worry about such things. At least in rural areas - more metropolitan schools have to work around real estate limits.

My highschool had 4 floors plus a 5th floor but it wasn't used as far as I know.
I live in Fort Worth tho.
Its not a big city but it's not a small town either.

my high school in the midwest had two floors. It was a very horizontal, sprawling campus though, to your point. I think it was built sometime between the 1940s and the 1970s, just judging by the architecture.

everything is cheap shit in the states, wooden tornado-bait buildings, god forbid these redneck retards learn how to stack floors, you need engineers for that

americans are too fat for stairs

America is mostly a barren wasteland. No reason to build upwards.

That depends on a lot of factors. The city/town, the sort of school, when it was built, etc. Different design styles have been favored in different generations, naturally.

Its America.

We have so much space we don't need to worry about building vertically.

It's so the shootings can be done more efficiently

Went to a school with 4 floors, so no..

So how do you explain NY?

Schools located in urban areas and large cities usually have multi-stories. Schools located in more rural or suburban areas are 1-2 stories at most.

Jews, they charge more for space.

I'm Finnish and i went to two different one floor schools.

They need one floor because all their kids are fat as shit and can't handle a single flight of stairs

My high school, which was also an elementary and middle school, was built in the 70's and had one floor. A little over a decade ago they expanded by just building another one story building. It's kind of on the edge of a large city.

my high school had 3 floors

You mean first floors?

Looks more like '83 to me.

literally beat me to it. thanks user

land in the country is relatively cheap, it was even cheaper in the 80s.

No, "ground floor" and "first floor" being different floors is the considered the worst kind of Euro faggotry and is forbidden under most all American building and fire codes.

the problem is if they have a second floor they have to put in elevators so kids in wheelchairs or anyone else who can't use steps has equal access to every floor like normal kids do

My highschool and every highschool in my area had two floors

small towns don't have a need for giant buildings

>HAWKins
>mascot is a Lion
do Americans really do this?
Yikes!

high school was such a great time. College was even better. Life after college has been shit though. Same applies to every guy i know.

depends where
Most high schools have multiple floors must in more sparsely populated areas the bullish gnat may be smaller

We have this think called land my yuro friend, maybe one day you can buy a square meter of it for 700,000 euros.

tiger