Did you guys know there is a new Star Trek movie out? Apparently it's been out for like a week now

Did you guys know there is a new Star Trek movie out? Apparently it's been out for like a week now.
Completely flew under my radar.
How has there been no hype for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

because even the people who made it know it's weak as fuck. It's just a generic 50th anniversary "here you go" piece of nothing.
slight sjw pandering that equates to just having a gay couple on screen for two seconds like Finding Dory.
boring generic plot and more stupid references to stuff that was done before and better.

It was mediocre but better than the shitty second movie.

Found a surprisingly decent camrip couple hours back which i'm going to watch l8er on, but i really don't expect anything grand from it desu

Why was Count Hingonit looking for a weapon that was inferior to his mining swarm? Why was that his big reason to stay on the planet for 100 years instead of just going to go fuck up Yorktown right away?

Why was he a vampire? Why was he such a shit captain?

it is good

the problem is the marketing for it fucking sucked outside of the last two weeks but too little too late. the marketing was so bad it was projecting to open up at about 40m-45m a month or two ago.

How was there SJW pandering lol. I just saw it two days ago and Sulu being gay was such a small part of it I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for seeing you retards flip the fuck out about it every day

gamergate broke the internet so now there are retards who cry about anything slightly progressive

which rip mon senpai?

Why did idris elba's character suddenly turn back into a black man at the end? Was his alien getup a mask? Did he turn a hologram off? But even back as a human his face still had alien ridges visibly under the skin

The aliens who had developed the weapon he sought and built the drones he was using also had technology that could extend life, by absorbing the life of others. In doing so, he and his last two crew members also absorbed elements of the beings they were living off. Because they had been living exclusively off aliens trapped in the nebula for over a century, they'd become entirely alien themselves. With the Enterprise's mostly-human crew to feed off of, Krall began to revert to his human self.

I looked away for the screen for a second to readjust in my seat and almost missed it. I thought it was his brother or buddy or something but then they started holding hands. I thought
>huh that's weird? Why are the holding hands? Oh, he's gay
And then the scene ended

This

Saw it last night. It was extremely, extremely predictable and all the more disappointing given that it was written by Simon Pegg and thus loaded with failed attempts at witty comedy throughout the film. Really it was an unfortunately clichéd film but at least it was visually appealing.

Wouldn't watch it again.

Is this movie being viraled on Sup Forums? Its not even that big yet theres always multiple threads up.

I enjoyed it a lot, much better than the 2nd. The villain was good, I love movies where the good guys just get totally BTFO in the first hour.

They really got across the helplessness of the Enterprise, and I enjoyed the improvising to get out of tough situations.

Hope it does well enough to carry on the series

>star trek
>not even that big

began to instantly revert in the span of a few minutes, where he could only have absorbed a dozen humans at most

>people actually like the neo-trek movies
How

This user gets it.

I've heard it's decent, but I imagine the limited fanfare is due to that first trailer that barely resembled Star Trek

I get the impression people are more excited for the new show than this movie

Yeah the trailer was fucking trash, but I actually enjoyed the movie

the second one was the better of the 3.

>lol
stopped reading there

Epic contrarianism

It premieres over a MONTH later in sudaca world.

Wasnt planning on seeing it, went on a whim and it was pretty good. Way better than first two somehow. Better action plus felt more classic.

>tfw I'm gonna watch it a second time like a good little goyim

>
Stopped reading there

This had the makings of a good movie, but you could tell the script was rushed. The villains were shitty and, the character arcs a bit nonsensical, and the alien chick's revenge story had no resolution.

>the alien chick's revenge story had no resolution.
She helped Kirk get Krall and joined Starfleet, what do you mean

Not to mention that his swarm ships could fly to Yorktown with no issues so he could have at least sent one to try and get help for his crew.

>They have taken out the dish
>Going to warp

Just once it would be nice if a writer actually watched an episode.

With Krall's right-hand man who says he killed her parents. She has a 5 minute fight with him then jumps off of a building while we see him fall a bit. I suppose we're meant to assume he died but it was really poorly done.

George Takei called it out for being bullshit, what do you faggots have to say to that?

This site might not be for you then

So Luthers plan was to copy Banes plan when he killedthe Romulan high council and was going to use on Earth before professor Oatkin sacrificed himself to save Xavier?

george takei spent a majority of his life as a closeted homo and only came out when it was socially safe. I believe his opinion is wrong, but it's his opinion.

But the weapon was built by a different species, he simply refered to them as "the ancients".

I would say Iconians but they were unknown in this era.

I kept seeing that it referenced captain Archer in other threads, did Ii miss it? The closest I saw was Idris mentioning the Xindi.

Spock and Uhura have relationship issues.
James is unsure of his place in life.
There are no ships around as the revenge-motivated bad guy launches his evil scheme against the Federation, so it is up to the crew of the Enterprise to stop him.

Which ST movie am I talking about?

>going to warp
Thought they tried impulse, not warp.

The villain was good? Are you fucking daft? Eddison was garbage.

Just how did the drone ships get through the Enterprises shields? You could say that as a captain he knew Starfleet shiel modulations, but that is retarded because even if you ignore that each ship runs on a different frequency, he crashed before they used shields and relied on polarising the hull plating.

Why the fuck does playing Beastie boys on the radio cause the enemy ships to explode?

>user can't into recurring themes

Those aren't themes, those are reused character arcs and lazy cliches.

Sulu says that they lost the dish so have no shields, they try to fight and lose and then decide to go to warp and escape. They get fucked up before they can try but knowing that they lost the deflector dish they know that they can't generate a warp bubble.

Their dialogue and actions were illogical.

UNLESS WE PRETEND AS A SOCIETY THAT GAYS DON'T EXIST IT'S PANDERINGGGGG!!!

Gayfag here, if George Takei said he didn't approve I think I side with him. It came across as self-masturbatory pandering. If they wanted a gay character they could have made Scotty gay, or Chekhov, or anyone else. They only did Sulu because George.

George Takei called the ruination of his character pandering out, your shitposting has no standing.

THEY STOPPED COMMUNICATING AND CRASHED INTO EACH OTHER

Spock and doc not crashing so the drones shouldn't aside, Yorktown sent out a pulse after the not-NX and we saw many individual drones and stationary drones simply explode.

>if George Takei said he didn't approve I think I side with him

Sulu isn't the sole property of George Takei, I'm afraid. Even he defers to what he imagine would be Roddenberry's opinion when stating why he feels the way he does.

Zachary Quinto has said all the right things about it, and Takei back-pedalled anyway.

After the trash 2nd film no one cares much anymore

Plenty of other things on at the box office

>They only did Sulu because George.
yeah, as an homage to him.

How is that shitposting?

Is it really an homage when George views it as tasteless and poorly-handled?

Just got back from seeing the new film. Not a perfect film, but not bad. Way better than the previous film, which probably doesn't say much. I wasn't especially satisfied with the villain's motivation. I'm always unsure about how Kirk is being portrayed. I think he acts the part well, but the writers keep making the mistake of writing Kirk as a physical action hero instead of the clever guy that gloats about how sly he pulled out another win.

>Is it really an homage when George views it as tasteless and poorly-handled?
yes, because like someone said, george spent most of his life as a closeted homosexual and has it instilled in him that it's tasteless. It's still an homage to him, doesn't matter what he says or feels about it.

So to make homage to Takei being gay in reality they made his character gay.

In the next one Chekov needs to be crushed by a shuttlecraft.

you probably think that's very witty.

Oh jeez so he's a homophobic gay guy for not wanting to see Sulu made gay?

Fuck off, I would love a well written gay character in Star Trek but this was self congratulatory shit. I'm not going to applaud them for such a limp, impotent gesture.

Star Trek Beyond was the best science fiction movie in the last 10 years. Completely refreshing, holds your attention, and the visuals were jaw dropping yet never forgets its human scale. And if anyone thinks I'm a shill, rest assured no one at Warner Brothers paid me to post this.

>Plenty of characters on screen have no romantic or sexual relations with any characters whatsoever
>Any of them could be straight or gay
>But we have to have someone MAKE them do gay things or else we'll pretend that society is trying to erase us
>Even though we've been campaigning for years that we should be treated the same as straight people, do this thing differently especially for us so people KNOW we're gay because that's important :^)

You probably think that reply held substance and wasn't an ad hominem.

what's it like being this retarded?

Damn dude you really showed me.

What's it like being a degenerate that will hopefully die of aids?

Honestly most of the people I see applauding this are heteros. Other gays I've talked to seem opposed, due to Takei's stance mainly.

>How has there been no hype for this?

Paramount isn't Disney / Warner Bros / Fox, they don't have the marketing budgets and they don't have the tv presence to just fill the screen with advertising spots.

I've seen the movie twice now, it is a perfectly enjoyable 7.5 / 10. Sometimes it is ok for a movie to just be a fun continuation of an ongoing series, not every film has to be that 10/10 mold-breaking masterpiece. It had more of a star trek feel than the previous two, lots of nice nods for fans of the series, and we finally got something new in the star trek universe. Also there were so many goddamn aliens in this movie parts of it felt like something out of Men In Black or the troll market from Hell Boy II.

weird right? i'm told it's actually GOOD for once
though they fucked up pretty hard making sulu gay when sulu wasn't gay. takei didn't like it because he's one of the good ones

and anyway everyone knows gay will be cured by then. theyll isolate whatever it is in the water or whatever that's been fucking up a few generations of boys (probably birth control pill residue)

Claw-head ensign deserved a better fate. She was weirdly cute.

Nice digits to waste on such shit bait

I can't wait until this shitty JewJew abrams nu-male Star Trek dies and they return to good old actual Star Trek

Shoo shoo stormweenie

george only said what he said because he's protecting his legacy/fame and knows the stupid neckbeards that love the old trek would have their jimmies rustled to an autsimal maximum. He wants to secure that $20 an autographed photo status.

>return to good old actual Star Trek
>return to good old actual Star Trek
>old
>good
>actual Star Trek

Yeah faggot millennials probably hate old ST because you simply don't have the attention spam. No lens flares and big dirt bike jumps.

>this
>good old actual star trek
yes yes, well done user, well done....HOWEVER

I liked him, TOS did relicts of the old age of humanity villains well, I thought Eddison succeeded in capturing that where Into Darkness Khan failed.

I also like how they made him seem threatening but in actuality he was just using a bunch of alien junk. The drone ships seem outrageously overpowered but they're actually just mining mechs that don't even have shields and are utterly useless. He has an army, but in actuality he only has 3 surviving crew members and the rest are just ancient robots. He's after this ancient weapon but it's just a regular airborne virus, he only chased after it because it was relic of the world he was stranded on.

Funny when they say old trek they always mean Wrath of Khan instead of actual old Star Trek.

I really enjoyed it. Not some fantastic piece, but it's entertaining as fuck.

And nemesis was panned by critics and audiences/fans alike. All that ritalin as zapped your critical reasoning skills my nu-male reddit friend

Oh shit maybe someone sabotaged it.

>Science Area, where they make the sciences.

Sulu had a wife. Its changing an established straight character into a gay one for the purposes of checking the LGBTWTFBBQ box.

>Sulu had a wife.
Not in the alpha canon, you little beta memer.

>Sulu had a wife
nah. Books don't count.

Better than the last two.

Love how Pegg sort of described it coyly as anti-Brexit, but it's totally pro-nationalist and the fancy multiculti society has a huge fucking wall, described by Bones as a snowglobe waiting to be smashed.

Easily better than the first two antagonists

I hate how the nu-Enterprise is so massive, it's bigger than the Enterprise-D which was the biggest Starfleet ship even in the regular timeline.

There's a line in generations.

>Sulu had a wife.

Only in a novel that was never, ever, considered canon because of Trek's much more restrictive canon policy compared to Star Wars.

Bones was the very best thing in this movie, his lines were great and Urban's delivery of them was nothing short of perfect

"Well that's just typical"
Shit ass garbage line, but he rescued it, and no one else could have.

The size is only jarring when compared to the original ships. By itself there really isn't anything wrong with it. It's a constitution refit where the saucer is 3 decks thick at the edge instead of 2.

There's something wrong with Star Trek when Bones looks like he beat the shit out of Kirk.

>I hate how the nu-Enterprise is so massive

It's funny that Trek fans have been so consistently butthurt about that, considering the Enterprise's size has never been particularly relevant and she's 3 for 3 in being totally outclassed by what she goes up against.

>Complains that the acting is good
>good acting is a flaw to a Trekkie