Thoughts on Sabaton Sup Forums?

Thoughts on Sabaton Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwj9YPmrLsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have some great songs. However they become silly if you listen to too much of their music.

I thought being silly was kinda part of their charm is it not?

Lots of potential but too goofy for me

utterly awesome

fucking trash

Gonna agree with user they are fucking trash

It is though, it get repetitive.

this is their best song, no others need apply
youtube.com/watch?v=gwj9YPmrLsQ

>START THE HOLOCAUST
>THE REICH WILL RISE

what did he mean by this?

They're like the most wussy of bubblegum power metal.

nah that's sonata arctica

Metal?

Is he a big guy?

for u

nah, they're really not

It'd never happen but I'd love to see them try and do a trad doom album with lyrics about the actual horrors of war rather than just DUDE FIGHTING AND GUNS LMAO. I think Joakim has a decent enough voice for it, and they're good enough with atmosphere to be able to pull it off.

Gimmick band

t. a guy who's only listened to a few singles

Sabaton talks about the horrors of war all the time, especially in their older albums.

Yeah, I should've actually thought about what I was writing for a change.

Something about how glossy it all sounds rubs me the wrong way. Like it almost betrays the subject matter. I guess I meant wussy sounding.

I guess it's personal taste too, but even by power metal standards it all seems a bit too simplistic. Very accessible and tame.

But hey, I don't know, I've only really heard their newer stuff, so what do I know huh?

They're great but their music gets old pretty quick .

I've listened to their entire discography multiple times apart from the most recent album, though I stopped liking them a few years back so it's been forever. I'll grant you they can be serious about things, I just wish they'd go full on a dark, horrifying atmosphere to match it and not dress it up in that kind of overly theatrical power metal style. Basically I just want an excuse to listen to them despite the fact that I don't actually like power metal anymore.

I didn't see it until after I posted, but makes a good point. Despite how serious the subject matter may be, it still sounds very glossy and tame.