Who are some musicians that got better the older they got...

Who are some musicians that got better the older they got? Usually musicians peak early and everything from then on is a decline, but some just get continuously better and refined.

Pic related.

I think Jamie Stewart has still got it.

I just started getting into aesop and cant believe I slept on him. Really impressive, and I agree his most recent album is way more relatable than his earlier more esoteric 2deep4u work, although I really enjoy all of it. Even that strange folk album he did.

My vote would be for Swans. Its amazing that To be Kind was released so deep into the bands career, Michael Gira never stops evolving his craft

Most classical composers

That last album he dropped was so corny

how

Everything about it sucked aside from the beats, the writing content was trite, the delivery, as usual with Aesop Rock, was corny as fuck. It's goofy.

He peaked with A Promise

>how is it corny
>its corny because its goofy and corny and i dont like it

But you asked me such a subjective question, it doesn't matter what answer I give, you still won't be pleased by it and the LAST thing I'm trying to do is please your little fanboy bitchass.

That's so ridiculous.

Frank Sinatra's artistic peak was in his 40s.

Make sure you get in on Hail Mary Mallon. He and Rob Sonic work wonders together.

The Uncluded album was so underrated. It had some genuinely affecting material amongst all the goofiness

Lol calm down fag, why even bother to answer if you don't really back up your opinion with anything, like why respond at all. You should be able at least to defend your opinion, saying "its just subjective bro" is a pleb cop out

Float is the best thing he ever did so I'll have to disagree there

Lots of jazz and classical musicians really. For example, Tim Berne recorded his best albums 20+ years into his career.

but his best album is fractured fairy tales

They've been playing for 20+ years.

Nah, science friction is his best album, big satan is nice as well, fairy tales not even in top 5.

Because the types of people whose music tends to eventually get elevated to classical status are those that kept actually composing their music throughout their careers rather than relying on hired guns to do it for them once they are financially successful and well connected enough (what virtually all pop artists of today do.)

fight me

reinvented himself with the american recordings desu

>release his most accessible album by far
>dont even have to read along with the lyrics
>Sup Forums thinks he's just improving
Holy shit at least try and hide your shame you fucking pleb, you don't have to announce to the whole world that Float and Labor Days were too difficult for you.

Now I'm reminded of how badly I want Yukimi to smother me with her feet.

this

RIP

>accessible = lack of quality

His lyrics are far less esoteric and symbolic but are still impressive none the less. I enjoy the personal subject matter and tone of the album desu, though admittedly I wouldnt place this above Labor Days

going from shit to marginally less than shit is an improvement desu

same as pic related

yeah i also really liked it
weird how i've never really heard anyone metion anything like tv on 10 around here

You're thinking of "classic" status, "classical" is composers like Bach and Beethoven.

"Classical" is just a meta-genre term for (potentially) any style/genre of music that manages to retain audience interest until well after the original historical context in which it was created fades into obscurity.

wrong