v=TTAU7lLDZYU

Just Jonny Greenwood.

this

you mean just and jonny greenwood
because jonny greenwood is the only good band member and
just is their only good song

>welcome to Sup Forums, same threads 24/7/365

now get out

Radiohead are mainstream band you think is an indie band that started out as a genric alt rock birtpop band, then evolved into thom yorke wants to make idm after listening to warp record band

Okay picture the world is dominated by britney spears and limp biskit and you turn on the tv ans see this

youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPZDMlQFY

Ok computer

good post.

sums up every normie radiohead fan, and all those clinging onto their nostalgia after discovering better bands.

stfu NIGGA

>confirming that the truth hurts
the hurt will ease.

pretty much this, good post

stfu my NIGGA

I mean thom is waving around like a spastic on live american tv while screaming "WE'RE NOT SCARE MONGERING THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING" and dancing to an experimental fusion of IDM and alt rock like a kindergartner that is about to shit himself or a homeless man that has wandered on stage

Nice loaded question. It includes the assumption that radiohead is in fact good.

You could cut steel on that dude's jawline

They're great songwriters.
That's it. That's all you need.

Are they the greatest band of our generation, Sup Forums? If not, who is?

the need for such a concept as "the greatest band of our generation/time" is only common between the beatles, pink floyd and radiohead fanbases

>our generation
What are you, 40 something?
Our generation collectively chose to be represented by MCs and R&B singers rather than bands. So we don't have a "greatest band" of our own.

"our generation" is a lose concept with very little meaning

reason number 8058508 millennials are garbage people

1960s: The Beatles
1970s: Pink Floyd
1980s: The Smiths?
1990s: Nirvana
2000s: Radiohead

The 80s don't have a clear winner, imo.

"millennials" isn't a thing

doesn't need to, what a stupid thing to do

OK Computer and half of Kid A
But thats it

90s Radiohead > 00s Radiohead

They appeal to nu-males, and there are a lot of those these days.

I agree with all these including The Smiths.

Nope.

OK Computer and The Bends > anything they put out in the 00s

Disagreeing makes you just a pretentious pleb with shit taste

The Bends is a borderline "ok" album
OK Computer is another "ok" album
Kid A and Amnesiac are actually interesting and different

OK Computer > Kid A
Kid A > The Bends

Ok I'll just leave you to your opinions then

Not to mention HTTT and In Rainbows. Both excellent albums released in the 2000s.

True. Though I'm not a big HTTT fan but whatever

2010s: Tame Impala?

my god stop this

I would say they are the front runner so far.

MEMERS.... THEY NEVER LEARN

who fucking cares if they're "mainstream"

every single radiohead fan ever

FUCK THE SMITHS REEEEEEEEEEE

Their first three albums.

>Kid A and Amnesiac are actually interesting and different
Albums that you fall asleep to are not interesting.

Well yeah but they're still different
Still shit but different

in my opinion,

1960s: The Beatles
1970s: Pink Floyd
1980s: Sonic Youth
1990s: Aphex Twin
2000s: Radiohead
2010s: Kendrick Lamar (yea, really)

two of those aren't bands.

okay first of all if you were going to post a rapper it should have been kanye.
Second of all this generation is more in tuned with EDM and the popularity of rap is an overblown illusion.
2010's: skrillex

Sounds about right.

thom being a qt

why do they have to be bands and not just individual great musicians?

I think kanye is too inconsistent though. half of his albums since graduation have been half gold half trash

>2010's: skrillex
my generation can suck a big one then

please stop using "generations" or "decades" as if they were clear distinct unities

>my generation can suck a big one then

now you're getting it kiddo

"generations" and "decades" have been used as distinct unities for decades idiet

yes and people have be drunk driving for decaded as well
your point is?

Radiohead is what happens when you make a few popular albums, decide to adopt more obscure genres and styles into your music once you hit the peak of your popularity, and then actually manage to pull it off without losing any steam. In terms of their ability to walk the line between pop accessibility and musical depth, their reputation as arguably the world's greatest entry level band precedes them.

the words millennial, generation x, are marketing terms made up by advertising companies.
The only actual generational term recognized by the government is baby boomer

jonny > thom >>>>>>>

2010s KANYE WEST

I don't think any of his 2010s stuff will have the same impact as TCD, LR, or 808s will. Even MBDTF was a critical darling but was it really much of a game changer?

whats a game changer smarty pants?
Yeezus seemed like the biggest game changer for the rap genre this decade

twisted fantasy gets so much acclaim because of how low standards for hip-hop had gotten. "oh wow a 9 minute hip-hop song, a true visionary, 5/5". its a good album but really overrated imo

how did yeezus change anything? give me relevant artists or songs that are influenced by it. im curious, for real

It's hilarious to me how so many in this thread are acting like Yeezus had no influence, yet jump right over to the other thread, praising Kendrick's new album, which is filled with references to slaves, civil rights, and prevalent racism in America.Yeah, Kanye didn't start it, but before New Slaves give me one song that had thousands (if not millions) of people chanting about slavery, yet alone screaming "I'm a New Slave!"
Kendrick was on the Yeezus tour.
How is it a coincidence his whole album seems filled with slavery and civil rights references after? ("King Kunta" Kinta, "The Blacker the Berry", the mentions of "bean pies, devils, and bow ties" in "I", references to the black Muslim movement of the civil rights era).
Kanye got popular rappers riled up about race and history again with one song.
Are we supposed to act like it's a coincidence Kanye didn't drop any radio singles for Yeezus, only having the insanely unorthodox promotion of projecting one video onto luxury fashion stores around the world, and right after you have Beyonce, J.Cole, Drake, and now Kendrick dropping their records with no singles, in unorthodox ways, and in Kendrick's case with little-to-no build up? Y'all are throwing crazy shade here, but I guess it must be the popular thing now to diss Yeezus. Guess I didn't get the memo.
EDIT: And to speak about sales, remember how impressed everyone was with J.Cole "beating" Yeezus on the first week? Remember how so many were yelling this proves Yeezus didn't work? Well it did work out in the end, didn't it?

but user, yeezus isnt good.

but for real kendrick has been into the conscious rap thing since he started. maybe he got some inspiration from kanye but I attribute TPAB more to the current state of the US than to yeezus.

seriously, just because kanye yelled about it louder doesn't mean he was the one on the forefront. you probably thought yeezus was the heaviest hip-hop album ever right?

yeezus just sounds bad
doesn't matter what other relations you try to make it have with other stuff
if it needs those relations to sound good to other people that should be a hint that by itself the album is rubbish
also kendrick has been doing his thing since forever

Stop talking about shitty rappers. We're talking about bands.

Sound wise its up their for me. Kanye lyrically never really impresses me. I mostly admire is honesty to me.
I dont like Kendrick
Im older than most Sup Forumstants nowadays.
you will post some 90s rap album or at the worst jedi mind tricks and tell me how heavy this shit is. Dont waste the time

we were supposedly talking about radiohead actually

No band in the 2010s has made a significant impact
>70s Bowie
>80s New order
>90s pavement
>2000s The White Stripes
>2010s Deerhunter

>Deerhunter

lel

what other band with you go with?
Swans?
Tame?
Arcade fire?
Their isnt much to go with at all

kanye or kendrick, really. rock music is not making anything that exciting atm

Yeezus functioned more as a mainstream artist trying out the industrial scene. Yeezus is a gimmick to me. There is no doubt that Kanye had influence from the underground heads of industrial (not saying he listened to Death Grips like some people want to assume, because they sound nothing alike,) but he got influence from someone's sound. To me, Yeezus is only popular because someone in the mainstream dabbled with this aggressive, noisy sound. Yeezus has some interesting aspects to it, but the lyrics are straight garbage by Kanye's standards. I really like Kanye West, but Yeezus shouldn't be called an influential record because it doesn't do anything new. Industrial has been around since the early 90's with artists such as Dälek, but it started with a little artist known as the Beatnigs (lol) and that's as old as 1988. Saul Williams is also another example and many others but people like to draw comparisons to Yeezus and Death Grips. Why you may ask? Death Grips is underground and Yeezus is by a mainstream artist and they are both relevant in the hip hop scene today. Does Yeezus rip off Death Grips? No, but does Yeezus "pioneer" anything or impact any artist? Probably not because the genre has been around for a long time. Industrial isn't every going to be mainstream, it is too loud and irregular for the genre of hip hop to influence a large audience.
The better question to ask is what Yeezus did for underground appeal in general. Yeezus got people interested in the new sound which allowed fans of Yeezus to dabble into Death Grips and new comers such as CLPPNG and give them more support. Yeezus may have not influenced anyone, but it sure as hell helped the genre of industrial as a whole. This is why I appreciate Yeezus for what it did for the underground not for the albums actual aesthetics or themes.
Edit: Side note, I do not hate the album Yeezus, it is just average as a whole. There are still great moments on the album.

its bands numnuts
I would with lil b having the biggest impact in rap.. honestly

the blatant rip off of talk talk for one

give one example where they ripped off talk talk.

Tame, probably.

honestly i never like it when a popular artist does an unknown genre because all it really does it bring a bunch of casuals to my hidden gem genre but you're right in that kanye probably did help revitalize the genre

Fucking Gross

just like your face

Good one. some reddit HUMOR

jesus thom yorke is terrible

i enjoy their album OK Computer

Being a teenager.

Radiohead allows you to fake having enough emotional depth women will be comfortable giving you sex.

NO, just no

Creep

this pretty much

They are good at making sounds with instruments, what more do you need?

Entry level would be somthing more like Oasis or The Smiths. They are/were very good at making a certain type of music which kept a constant and growing fan base but they never really deviated to create a different sound so they and their fanbase never evolved. Forever entry level

why does nude sound like that one francoise hardy song
thom you got sum splainin to do

i agree with it not really being super clear for the 80's but i'd give it to the smiths, although i am biased because they're my favorite band

i will defend kanye to the death but yeezus didn't change anything. yeezus was kanye hopping on the growing industrial hip-hop trend and bringing it to the mainstream. it changed nothing, despite this. 9/10 though.

Smiths don't belong on this l;ist imo
They just lack relevance in the larger world
They have their hard core fans and practically everyone else can not name a member song or album by them
Way fringier than their fans want to believe
Most relevant and influential 80's band might be Metallica, their 80's work is pretty impressive
I want to say Joy Division/New Order competes but also fringy
Police started releasing albums 2 years too early
Next best try might be U2, as much as I hate to say it

90s: Radiohead
2000s; Animal Collective

who cares

2000s are Radiohead's decade. We already went over this.

nice reddit spacing you fuckin dork

their fanbase