Now that the dust has settled, which one is the most patrician?

Now that the dust has settled, which one is the most patrician?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSe6tvfedb0
youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Knight

none

E.T.

BvS i'm serious

If by partician you mean "objectively best" and not "best because others are more popular" then it's BvS

this

these

/thread

Batman Forever

Where did all this cancer come from?
BvS is a heavily flawed film. It's better than Man of Steel, sure, but it's nowhere near as good as the The Dark Knight Trilogy.
BB and TDK are two of the best capeshit movies ever made, and TDKR although it has its own share of flaws is unjustly shit on because of retarded memes.

Begins >>>> TDK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TDKR

If you disagree you're a fucking idiot

Man of Steel itself is better than the TDK triology

This a billion times

this is Sup Forums lol this is where we pretend to like everything people don't like and hate everything people like lol! its epic! if we're epic enough they'll talk about us on reddit!!

i hate this meme :(

correct

TDK is still by far the best capeshit movie ever made and it's not even close.

>Begins
Let's make Gotham interesting and atmospheric
>TDK onwards
Let's make Gotham as boring as possible

What the fuck happened? Begins was close to Kino... TDK and TDKR were boring as fuck

They gradually get worse, and Begins was only okay.

BvS continues this trend

TDKR is good though.

people act as if TDK isnt full of retarded clunky dialogue, lame action choreography and things that dont make sense

>high school: the post

Shit fight scenes
Shit political commentary
Lifeless production design
Bale is resoundingly meh
Maggie "Quadrinaros" Gyllenhall

5 or 6/10 movie tops.

Dubs is correct.

>Hurr durr muh opinion is more facter than urs!

>TDKR
>good
The plot is an embarrassment, the fight scenes are a joke, and the entire third act is criminally undercooked.

It's not a shit movie, but it is far an away the worst of the Nolan trilogy (and I agree that TDK is overrated as all fuck.

begins is underrated nolankino
tDK is overrated nolankino
TDKR is a diamond in the rough, a big film (for you and for me) waiting to devour us all

Truth. So disappointing.

>The people will lose hope
>No.

I like Nolan's trilogy a lot but it it has it's own issues. One of the biggest being the lack of a strong female lead for the first two movies. Katie Holmes performance in BB is dogshit and it brought the character and the trilogy down by association.
Again, lots to like but not without it's own major flaws and i'm only picking on one.

OH wait, you were serious. Let me laugh even harder.

>One of the biggest being the lack of a strong female lead for the first two movies

>female lead

>Batman

I came for a batman. Your citing a non-issue.

TDK>Begins>>>>>>>>>Rises

Begins gets a lot of things right, but it lacks a clear villain. TDK has it's problems, but it's the most watchable of the three.

>Best Wayne: Affleck
>Best Bamham: N/A, Batmang sucks
>Best Alfred: Jeremy Irons
>Best Harvey: Aaron Eckhart
>Best Rachel: Maggie Gyllenhaal for dying
>Best Joker: MOM'S Ledger, obviously
>Best Batmobile: The Dank Knight
>Best Score: Hans Zimmer is a hack
>Best Overall Film: BvS

The unanimous winner is Jack Nicholson for taking $100m from the studio off this shitty comic book.

If you don't think a good performance from the female lead and a believable love interest for Bruce is important then I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

>muh 23yo unlikable airhead assistant DA

The writers put her character in the story so why not bother to execute it properly

NO MORE DEAD COPS

THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER

>>Best Alfred: Jeremy Irons
you have to be joking

Bale and Caine have so much better chemistry it's laughable

Wrong

>shitty acting
>non issue

girlslaughing.png

Third act was half baked. Script just wasn't vetted enough. Old Batman is boring. Pittsburg was a poor choice for Gotham after the first 2 films. Shitty pacing and somewhat anticlimactic ending. Just uninspired overall

yes
Every time I watch TDK I like it more.
Every time I watch TDKR I like it less, although the first 45-50 minutes is great.

>oh you are in for a show tonight, son
>s-sorry
>put that thing away before you hurt yourself
>you may have the wrong animal there, sir

I want a buddy comedy about those cops.

Bale and Caine have a natural chemistry with anyone, on screen anyway. It's just who they are. Affleck and Irons don't, but I think they worked together, for what few scenes the latter even has.

I preferred the take on Wayne and Alfred being more akin to Officer and (ironically) Batman, instead of a Father/Son relationship.

Both worked, but it's sort of buzz killer to watch The Prestige and WHOA, it's magic Alfred. Then Incetion comes out, and it's professor Alfred. Then you watch Interstellar and there's space professor Alfred.

I blame Nolan. He's a complete loser. I can't imagine how he's making a WW2 film with how fucking awful The Dark Knight trilogy fight sequences, in particular TDKR, were.

Basically it was nice to see a different take, and it worked surprisingly well. If you're going to reboot a series/character so soon, no point in making the same movie again.

but what about Batman Begins?

>shitty comic book.

What do you consider a good one, user? Batman is objectively the best series, capefun-wise

how did the fight scenes in these movies just get progressively worse?

>dildo mobile

Not that user but essentially the same thing he said... BB was good for 45mins, and then screwed the pooch. The climax was retarded, apart from Scarecrow.

>Cast Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow
>Never really use him

Good job, Nolan

I love Begins. It has such a great atmosphere.

loved it from the first viewing, hasn't changed

>Begins
>best
shit taste tbqh famalam kill yourself

That's because TDK isn't really much capeshit. It's basically a crime thriller with a capeshit hero as the lead. It can stand on its own merit rather than because of quips or le super powers

>Begins
>good
>Scarecrow shows up for 5 minutes only to be sprayed to death
>Ra's a Ghul and his """""clones"""""
yeah its a great film alright

When the joker cuts the black gang leaders mouth why did the guy just fall over like he was dead? I never understood that part

Christopher "One-Take" Nolan

I want a prequel movie about the side characters, like CIA investigating the Bank Manager and Falcone and Eric Roberts.

tagline
"You don't get to bring friends... because you and your friends are dead."

haha. we'll fix it in post

Shiv yourself in the neck

>Best Score: Hans Zimmer is a hack
"Hey anons look at me I'm retarded"
kys

Was the love scene between Talia and Bruce necessary in TDKR? Didn't it basically give it away that she would betray him since it was so forced?

This is honestly more embarrassing for Cotillard. She's too good of an actress for this type of embarrassing mistake.

>Mouth gets cut open.
>Fall over. Die.

Sounds good!

TDKR feels like a who movie of "One-takes"

I didn't think it gave anything away, since they were setting up Bruce finally settling down with a nice girl, but it definitely grinds the movie to a halt, so yes unnecessary.

Not really. Everybody knows her talent because she's a proven stage actress.

Stage productions have ridiculous amounts of rehearsals. You do the same scenes over and over and over for months so you can go live and do it for months over and over and over.

Film has the benefit of not being live. Both mediums are the director's vision, and in Nolan's mind that scene, Gambol's death scene, and so many of the other mediocre sequences in every one of his films are perfectly fine in his eyes.

Nolan is at 100% fault.

"And...scene."

You're good, Marion. We'll buff out those scratches later, Cotillard.

The casting choices of some of the characters in the trilogy is off at times and is just downright distracting. Matthew Modine, Katie Holmes, Eric Roberts off the top of my head.

>Eric Roberts
>wrong choice ever

1st two are pretty good.

>Watching TDK to see what all the meme magic is about
>Eric Roberts shows up

If its not "best of the best" or a music video he probably shouldn't be in it

Don't forget Ken Watanabe's death scene. It's like Nolan only knows how to shoot a death scene one way. It must be a secret homage to the TV show or somethign

best ad for Batman movie?

This gets my vote:
youtube.com/watch?v=iSe6tvfedb0

The first hasn't held up to repeat viewings, the second one is pretty fantastic, and the third one is a pretty decent popcorn movie.

>although the first 45-50 minutes is great.
more like 5 minutes

Batman Begins is far superior.

>What's that?
>Backup

Begins is the greatest Batman movie ever.

patrician

I agree. TDKR was such a mess

>Nolan not being able to properly direct the extras as you see in webm related
>this death scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M

Such a shocking mess indeed.

>enormous man
>this large dude
>big guy

Holy shit this trilogy has layers.
>Tiny Lister plays Large Dude

why is the paper black

Christian Bale gave a 10/10 performance in Batman Begins (Also that BB costume is my favorite out of the 3 costumes) yet in TDK he felt just so bland idk why. Heath Ledger is what gave the movie substance. Bane in TDKR however didn't feel that interesting to me and it was such a shame that Nolan did not acknowledge the Joker and instead let him just disappear into thin air.

TDK also had a FAT THUG

Harder to copy/spread online during production.

It's from a book: Batman Begins - The Official Movie Guide. Comes with script dialogue, images and some behind scenes information.

Jumpy Thug?

Nolan sure loves his names he gives these people.

>best
The Dark Knight
Batman Returns
Batman '89
Batman Begins
Batman '66
Batman v Superman
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
>worst

Anything else is a meme opinion

Nolan wanted to make his movies as un-capeshitty as possible, and after the success of the first installment he had enough pull to dump a lot of the baggage(as he saw it) like Gotham's Tim Burtonesque aesthetic

This... is pretty good

TDKR hit me viscerally on opening night. I avoided all spoilers yet heard just enough rumors to make me believe that Batman might just buy the farm before the film's end. Couple that with the fact that it was the last film in a trilogy with no universe-building bullshit and truly ANYTHING could happen. The scene where Bruce escapes the pit still gives me goosebumps.

But it didn't stand up to repeated viewings all that well, for several reasons. The pacing was off and the editing sometimes seemed rushed. And there were several plot points that strained credibility, such as the idea that Bruce Wayne could be wiped out financially by a transaction that CLEARLY TOOK PLACE AT A TIME AND PLACE WHEN WALL STREET WAS UNDER ATTACK (no way in the world would that fake transaction be deemed legit).

Lastly, the old ticking time bomb plot device was beneath Nolan and belonged in a lesser film.

Begins for atmosphere, Bale actually giving a fuck, best costume, and NO ROTTEN MAGGOT Maggie Gyllenhaal

>What the fuck happened?
Gotham became great again as stated by Batman at end of Batman Begins

>Burton Batman
>not the best

just stop
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

this scene annoys me because marion is a better actress than that and i feel she got screwed over by having an exceptionally shitty take put in the final cut

>and yet there are fans who defend this

>TDKR although it has its own share of flaws is unjustly shit on because of retarded memes.
TDKR is fucking garbage compared to the first two.

honest criticisms and praise. impressive. very nice