Sup Forumss opinion on this album?

Sup Forumss opinion on this album?

good but nothing special

STAY WOKE

haven't listened to it but i like redbone

aoty 2016 baby boy is best track

NIGGAS CREEPIN

Agreed

Childish Gambino should have been doing R&B instead of rap. This album feels more genuine than anything else he has put out. That said it isn't special and I am skeptical that he wasn't just trying to put an album out riding on To Pimp A Butterflies success.

The constant spooky/halloweenish references were a bit cringey to me.

As an album it's not very good. Has some good tracks on it though.

He barely "raps" on this record I don't see how this would be riding on TPAB's success.

I am not about the instrumentation.

As an album nothing amazing, but it does have some absolutely fantastic songs on there. Riot's best song only problem is it's too short. I liked the overall theme of marriage, parenthood, and trouble in relationships. Shit really tied together well.

I think he should absolutely keep on this path, but he needs to innovate a bit more. The whole album sounds like he listened to a couple of funkadelic and sly and the family stone records and just copied them. If he wants to make another really good album like this, he'll have to bring something new to the table.

It's okay but it's completely derivative. Also I cringe everytime at the redbone chorus

Pretty good actually.
He doesn't have to continue in this direction, but please no more shitty raps.

best gambino album and a good direction for him

If he could manage to rap without making me cringe I would like him
This album was good, but kinda forgettable desu

>not about the best thing about the album

If you cringe listening to that chorus you must live on Sup Forums

California and Zombie are obscene, the singles are the highlights.

He should do another album like this but play it straight and stray from joke tracks because he has WAY more talent doing this than being a hip hop artist.

me and your mama and redbone are amazing singles, the rest is pretty meh

this

6/10

I never go on Sup Forums. Just not a fan of using popular slang for a hook. Lazy songwriting but clearly effective.

Riot, Baby Boy, Stand Tall, and Boogiemen are all pretty good too

it aight

Truth: The only good songs are the two singles. But keep in mind, they're REALLY good.