If this movie was so well liked with such a huge cultural impact why does no one ever talk about it anymore?

If this movie was so well liked with such a huge cultural impact why does no one ever talk about it anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-P3s46HUKi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's an entertaining blockbuster that came out two years ago. There's no reason to talk about it.

No one shitposts about it on Sup Forums =/= no one ever talking about it

nigga what the fuck is there to talk about?
it has no real depth beyond "bad guy is bad, good guys are good". it's like Star Wars. stuff happens, it's cool, then it ends. go home and move on.

want something more? consume actual media, not blockbuster trash

It fails as a stand alone cinematic experience

Hopefully they fix that in the sequel

>It fails as a stand alone cinematic experience

No, it doesn't.

James Gunn on an interview with Screen Junkies said the villain scenes were cut and he thinks the movie needed more Ronan and more Thanos. Just yesterday in Twitter he said the new movie has finally gotten rid of this problem

It's my favorite marvel flick, loved it... but like most capeshit what's the point of discussion? Also Starlord gives me a chubby.

I honestly hate this movie and don't see what people like in it, the songs are overplayed shit I heard too many times before, the plot is a fucking joke and I didn't even find it funny at all, maybe if you like reddit humor

hurr look the tree is dancing hehe

That's my problem with a lot of the Marvel films

The movie can't just be focused entirely on the protagonist. I want to see the antagonist just as much. I want to see the fucker push the buttons of the hero to the point that I want to see the two actually go at each other.

All the Marvel villains feel shoehorned in at the end just for the sake of having a closing action scene to finish the film.

The only Marvel flicks I enjoyed the antagonist is Winter Soldier (mainly because Bucky was built up in the movie beforehand), Iron Man 1 (Jeff Bridge is GOAT), and The Incredible Hulk.

I would have put First Avenger up there but the montage scene ruined the momentum the film built up and affected the overall movie. Even Hugo Weaving being a great Red Skull couldn't save it after that point.

we are waiting for the sequel

It wasnt good enough to be continuously discussed, and it wasnt shitty to the point where its meme-worthy or worth making threads for.

GotG was INCREDIBLY mediocre.

There's nothing to talk about, there's been like a dozen capeshit movies since then to talk about that are more fresh in people's memories.

I thought Brühl's Zemo was a good villain and I hope he makes a reappearance down the line

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I'M HOOKED ON A FEELING

Nothing is good enough to warrant continual discussion.

Anyone have a link to the sequel trailer from comic con?

>Nothing is good enough to warrant continual discussion.

seconding this

Who FUCK IS THAT GIANT FLOATING EGGPLANT IN THE MIDDLE OF SPACE YOU ASSHOLE

also the plot was lame and the bad guy sucked

Make the main villain better ...cut out all the marvel tie in bull shit and it could have been an 8/10 flick

Nice meme

It hasn't leaked.

fug

Sup Forums only discusses things they hate.

GotG is Kino. Looking forward to part 2.

these movies are so fucking predictable.
>good guys win
>bad guy wins but then loses somehow

You mean vol.2

NASA Oasis has paired with Marvel and is using Rocket & Groot as an official emblem for the mission to Mars

>Patrick O’Neill, a representative for CASIS, revealed the mission patch today at a San Diego Comic-Con panel where space agency representatives discussed how NASA plans to send people to Mars. He noted the patch represents all of the scientific investigations on the station’s National Laboratory for 2016.

According to O’Neill, Groot and Rocket were picked for the patch because they are space travel enthusiasts, just like those who work on the ISS. "These are characters who have a bit of a space-based background to begin with," said O’Neill. "So both of [these] characters already embody some of the characteristics associated with what’s happening on the space station."

This won’t be the last time Rocket and Groot help out with the ISS. CASIS plans to launch an "education flight contest" that involves the two characters sometime in October, though O’Neill won’t say exactly what that initiative entails just yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=-P3s46HUKi0

No need to constantly defend quality

wow I dislike marvel movies now

Partially because we're pretty much in a constant cycle of blockbuster capeshit being thrown our way throughout the year (vs. just the summer in the past), and we're manipulated into constantly talking up the latest offerings.

That's cool, I guess.

meme off, bro

They'll have to meme many a meme against Thanos, seeing as how he's the master of quips.

>No need to constantly defend quality

Agreed