America

how visible is soccer/football in the USA?

Not very. I'm a big American sports fan, and I had no idea USA and Mexico played yesterday until I came on here last night

people get excited during the world cup, but MLS is unironically less popular than WNBA. most of USMNT's matches are on meme channels like BeIN. most people don't even know their local soccer team, much less any players on it.

I'm guessing that pic was taken in NYC? Only a city as diverse as the crossroads of the world would care for such advertising.

More than it was 10 years ago. No one cares about MLS but since NBC started showing all EPL games its popularity has gone up.

This. People had to get something out of their "premium" sports cable packages.

Now if only NBC can get the rights for UEFA from Fox... then they'd really pick up some steam.

Seriously, fuck fox sports. You have to pay extra most of the time for fox sports 2, and fox sports 2 go.

Not paying for that bullshit when NBC has their streaming service for free online and they have tons of shit up there with no blackouts either.

You forgot FS+ which is extra, where as all of NBCSN's are available.

Its not visible at all i didn't know we had a soccer league at all until like 3 years of being on Sup Forums. And I live outside of NYC its not like I live far away from where soccer would be.

More or less completely ignored unless its WC or olympics.

Pretty shit, there's no games on today. NBC and fs1 suck, they only show like two leagues. They need to bring back fox soccer channel

NFL is significantly more popular than all other sports, even baseball and basketball. most sports fans in the US only watch the NFL. UFC is rapidly gaining popularity, but soccer is not.

>They need to bring back fox soccer channel

NBC shows EPL. Fox Sports shows FA, Bundesliga, and UEFA, and on rare occasion, SPL.

If you want more leagues, or rather more La Liga and Serie A, subscribe to Bein Sports.

NHL and NBA are also growing very rapidly and have younger fanbases than soccer

And even then caring is only a meme. When the US men's national team is eliminated nobody gives a flying fuck what happens afterwards. Nobody in my region cared about 7-1, I didn't even know people considered it a big deal until I went online. Most young people find the sport boring, most people over the age of 30 use soccer as the punchline of jokes.

The UFC is the fastest growing American sport, and it's already significantly more popular than soccer.

Look at all the Jews trying to get out of the Tottenham doors

same pretty much. went over to a buddy's house for poker night and he had the game on. i had no clue until i walked in the house

>mfw i click on espn, deadspin and yahoo sports daily and still had no idea

They don't like being in trains

Not at all. 10 seconds on ESPN after an hour on Lebron.

Fox puts 75% of their soccer stuff on channels that nobody has

>he's too poor to purchase a premium package

Just tell your parents that you really like sports

I know, If you read my above post here , you'd see that I'm well aware that even when subcribers such as myself shell out the extra dough for a "premium" sports package, you don't even get all of Fox Sports. Just Fox Sports 1, 2, and Deportes (Spanish). Whereas when you get NBC's, it's ALL NBCSN content, including their Alternate channels which broadcast ALL EPL matches.

You have to extra even after spending $15 a month for a few extra channels. Not worth it. Especially when their UEFA matches aren't even the ones you really want to see half the time, and then their Bundesliga coverage is literally just Bayern Munich vs *insert some German team*.

It depends on where you live. In areas with tons of Mexicans or Colombians, it's extremely visible. You'll see lots of people wearing Barca/Real stuff, guys playing in the park, games on tv in random stores, etc. . Everywhere else, nobody gives a shit.

It tends to be ignored by a good portion of the population. Like the spics here care a lot, and others do, too, but that's about it.

Where I live (Seattle) soccer has become quite popular. People here show quite a bit of support for our MLS team. If you go to a park, the baseball diamonds aren't even used anymore, because everyone is playing soccer. That said, the NFL is still MUCH more popular. It isn't even a contest.

>not showing Dortmund games for Pulisic

where's their patriotism?

how many spics live in Seattle?

Thats what i meant, people will care only as long as were still in it.

Soccer/football is visible in the USA?

>meme channels like BeIN
No. All USMNT games are on ESPN or FS1.

Not many. It's the whitest major city in the USA.

Only in hipster cities like Seattle and Portland or spic cities like San Diego and LA. And in the spic cities its just youth sports, after youth nobody even remembers soccer. Portland doesn't have an MLB or NFL team and NBA while very popular, doesn't quite completely dominate the market. There's probably more Seattle Seahawks (NFL) fans there than Portland Timbers (MLS). And in Seattle the Seahawks run the whole fucking town.