Carlsen - Karjakin (½:½)

Round 2 starts in 10 bings

Other urls found in this thread:

wcc.protectedvideos.com/
chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1067294),
chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1847182
livestream.com/ccscsl/2016ChampionsShowdown
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the two greatest minds of the 21st century in one picture.

Funny how Tsu is the smartest guy in that picture

>Jan not commentating

>inb4 Berlin defense

now thats what i call shitposting

OFFICIAL STREAM

wcc.protectedvideos.com/

the echo is fucking killing me rn

Does anybody have full access to a database? Is this a new position, or are we still in theory?

I want Judit to give me an annoyed handjob desu

while she says "skvare" and "qveen"

IS chess the most autistic sport?

no that's Go

Why do so many people mistake /tg/ with Sup Forums?

Her commentary skills are good, but god damn is the production quality bad.

Agon are such tremendous greedy fuckups.

dumb macaco

the echo wasn't there yesterday....they must be internally broadcasting it somewhere and its producing feedback

It's not just the echo, also the fact that they aren't in a booth and we can thus hear the entire fucking audience is just stupid.

Really, they're not at all convincing me that it's somehow worth it to pay 15 shekels when chess24 has actual professional production quality.

but they don't have the video of the players, at least they didn't have it yesterday

its going to be around 50-60 hours of coverage. I dished out the 15 sheks because when the MOVE of move eventually comes, I wanna see magnus' face.

Somebody on twitter or whatever will eventually notify them and it will be fixed, as yesterday they had no problems

Is anybody else watching Jerry's live commentary on Twitch? It's bretty good

Sure, but if you just want the video, then might as well just use

>Leicester
>Brexit
>Portugal
>Cubs
>Trump
looking at 2016 so far, Karjakin's chances seem pretty good

>mfw thinking of the possibility of Russia regaining the title

god damn the quality is horrible

I wanna be like Magnus Carlsen!

What are you watching exactly? The official stream?

If so I recommend dropping it for today and turning to another stream (e.g. chess24), the quality today is abysmal.

Anyone else watching in full 360 VR with a fresh glass of orange juice?

GG it's a draw

>Karjakin literally playing for a draw

I think the strategy now is going to be to keep it tight and wait for Magnus to fuck up in the opening as White. He played the Trompowsky yesterday so the Russians are probably expecting more uncommon openings in the next few games and are going to be ready for that.

absolutely sick of old faggots still talking about Fischer - Spassky

get over it already

is there any game in the last 25 years that has approached Byrne-Fischer in terms of creative genius?

Not that I can think off right off the top of my head

I mean, it's not for nothing that it's called the Game of the 20th century (although imo the 20th game of the 1990 world chess championship match between Kasparov and Karpov was also a brilliant attack by Kasparov: chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1067294), and I don't think anything in the 21st century really rivals Fischer's play in that game.

>Jerry with over 3.4 million total views on his stream
is Jerry just stealing tons of views from the "real" streams, or is the global total viewership for the event much higher than I had anticipated?

chess.com isn't broadcasting
not sure about ICC or Playchess
and chess24 has Hansen and Van Kampen who it turns out are pretty boring without jungle music and time scrambles

Yawn, once again, a draw before move 30.

>and chess24 has Hansen and Van Kampen who it turns out are pretty boring without jungle music and time scrambles
I really don't know why they went for those two

why not use their usual crew (Jan Gustafsson, BASED Peter Svidler, Ian Nepomniachtchi, Boris Gelfand, Anna Rudolf, etc.)?

>Hating on Hansen and Robin
They are pretty fucking good. And they see it all. Top notch commentary.

Carlsen, honestly, looks bored right now.

They're trying to cash in on the chessbrahs popularity and attract a new audience (of ADD bullet kiddies)
Svidler is away at the European Team Championship at the moment
Nepo is doing a Russian language stream on Twitch, or was yesterday at least
Jan is just too chill and wanted a few days off

this backstage cam is cool

>27...c5
well, the position certainly isn't the most exciting, especially with the doubled f-pawns

>No more Robin after today
>He's got "University"

Fuck, he's a part-time GM.

how the hell do people even manage to balance being a GM and having things like university and non-chess work

I know people who are able to do things like 2 graduate curriculum, at the same time. So well, particularly bright people, I guess.

But I believe he is a business student or sth. Not like it's actually hard.

It's a draw

The score is now 1-1

See you all monday

When you're already at a certain level you don't have to do too much to maintain that level

Welp, shitty game.

>Magnus, did you feel you were in trouble today?
>No, not really

in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in

>missed the interviews with Kaja

>university
i know fairly stupid people who attend the same university as very smart people. being in university isn't that hard. probably harder to maintain a 9-5 desk job plus while being a gm.

g g g g g g g g g gr gr gr gr grg gr gr gr grg gr gr grg rg gr great g g g g gg g g ga g a ga g a g a g g a ga g a g ag game t t tt t t t t tt t t ttoto ototoot ot o toto tooto today. no no n nono no no no n on comment

not cool dude

I watched a couple of Russian interviews with him, and for some reason he doesn't really seem to stutter in Russian, only in English. Of course, maybe he actually does stutter in Russian, and the videos were simply edited to remove the stutter.

"what got you started in chess?"

"i was 8"
"i was 5"

literally 4 days ago there was a masterpiece played by this young hungarian fighting-type richart rapport

chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1847182

>i was 8

That's Magnus? I don't think that's an honest answer
His dad was and still is a pretty decent club player so he definitely would have been exposed to chess a lot earlier

i only mentioned this because they didn't understand the kids question, it was about their initial interest in chess, not trivial age

Quality Australian Shitposting :D

Levon is neither young nor Hungarian.

>you now remember vishy anand

>thursday
>okay, today i'll spend 3 hours doing my paper
>dont
>Saturday night
>okay, now i'll do my paper
>most likely wont

reeeee why am i so fucking lazy

the secret is to just start, dont promise yourself a certain amount of work or set a goal or deadline

just do anything write even 1 total paragraph or just the intro just start typing words and you will literally adjust to it as you are doing it.

thanks, friend.

livestream.com/ccscsl/2016ChampionsShowdown
Kasparo and Seirawan together.

>Indian girl literally eyefucking Kasparov