Sup Forums, I have a strange thing to confess

Sup Forums, I have a strange thing to confess.

I'm young, healthy, and not too autistic.

I have a job, and I have a few friends.

But as I think about my life, I realize that more and more, I have a craving to join the military.

I want to fight, and train, I want to taste war.
I want to help my country while I'm in my prime.

Anyone else feel like this? Is it weird? Normal? Should I do it? Or will it pass?

Been thinking this way about a year.

"I have a craving to join the Military"

-Picture of fucking World War 2

You like running? You like standing in places and staring at things? You know what larping is? If you answered yes to all 3 than go to a recruitment office now

Sounds pretty normal. I was the same way in late teens and early 20s. Do it. You'll spend the rest of your life regretting not joining if you don't. I've regretted it every day for about 30 years now. Go serve. Fighting and killing other humans is what we've evolved to do. It's normal.

not even that's ww1

Girl! Should be you!
I want to take you to a gay bar
I want to take you to a gay bar
I want to take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar
Let's start a war
Start a nuclear war
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar
Waoow!
At the gay bar
I've got something to put in you
At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar
You're a superstar
At the gay bar
You're a superstar
At the gay bar
Superstar
Superstar

Literally this

All that glorified shit you see in the movies is trash. You better get used to running, waiting and cleaning. I'd say that's 90% of military life.

>Fighting and killing other humans is what we've evolved to do. It's normal.

This thread is horrifying already

War isnt like videogames fag

Let him live his pipe dream, he'll soon realize that he'd rather be at the gay bar to start a nuclear war

It's pretty risk OP for not just obvious reasons.

At this point we don't know who the fuck we're gonna be aiming the guns at. It could be China, Russia, god forbid another fucking Islamic Terrorist group, hell even the city of dumbfuck white supremisists who can barely handle artillery known only as the "DPR".

If you want to join then you better be ready to fuck up anyone because the way we're going, it could literally be anyone. /k/'s already preparing for a civil fucking war thanks to antifa.

tl;dr be ready to shoot ruskis, chinks, bootleg ruskis, or your own people.

love pt

I have to put a picture and I'm not gonna throw a fucking pepe, man. And that's not even WW2.

I don't want to just go kill people. I want to serve my country.

I didn't say it was, nor do I think it is.

Your pic is weird.
I think they must be military reenactors.
At least 2 of them have non-British rifles and one is wearing an officer's pistol.
Ad to that they are wearing WWI putties but the tank is WWII.
And, unless they are all left-handed, the picture has been printed backwards.

I just want to help serve my country and I don't think I can do that to a meaningful degree by working a desk job, if that makes sense.

OP here, they suck ass

I didn't realize this thread was picture analyzing.

I see my greatest mistake was pulling a random photo from google images instead of throwing up a cock or a frog.

The tank in the photo is an M3 Stuart, which was produced in 1942

11b here
Don't do it

Can you say why? I don't want to bring up poor memories, but if you're really an 11b that would be helpful to hear from your side.

I came here to post this. Thank you for being the smartest person in this thread.

Help your country? Why what help does it need?

8 years in the Navy here.
Use the military as a stepping stone to learn a technical skill and for free college. If you don't like it, move on. If you end up enjoying it, keep going. There are other jobs other than riflemen. They'll say it's the best job in the world, but I think you'll get that from a lot of people from different backgrounds.

I feel like I could do more by helping the military than just working a regular job, or posting on the internet.

We have one of the highest defense spending rates of the entire world.

May as well use it.

Do it. It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. I hated the fucking army but wouldn't change a goddamn thing.

Ok OP 12years volunteary military service not American. Listen if you not a compleat pussy you'll do fine if you go combat role then remember the fallowing 1) their is a difference between pain & discomfort don't bitch about discomfort 2) let it the fuck go (everything ) makes you better at your job 3) if you want to be a leader your going to have read a lot & listen to your NCO's when they say "bad idea"