Noise/drone/experimental music?

Hi friends, I've recently been digging into Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, and a bunch of other artists in the posted genres, does anyone have any other artists that they would reccomend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tL-fohhu_FI
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3MqC9wRjs
youtube.com/watch?v=HsETIXx_vgk
youtube.com/watch?v=7IaqqCjBW4g
mediafire.com/?3l5imrl5w629lob
youtube.com/watch?v=wyUSfuL9dxY
thecosmicdead.bandcamp.com/album/psych-is-dead
youtube.com/watch?v=ll9tIPglFM8&ab_channel=ThrillJockeyRecords
youtube.com/watch?v=voWUYRfsZbE&ab_channel=mickooyy
youtube.com/watch?v=NpaLm88PHz0&ab_channel=ZerothRecursion
youtube.com/watch?v=26rnMzkb-Zc&ab_channel=IVVVO-Topic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

henry flynt
grouper
yellow swans

trendy taste
now thats just shit taste

you listened to inside the dream syndicate? beware as this is true art music and plens need not apply.

bumping for more noise music blease

Shit and Shine
I am a lake of burning orchids

the new varg album (also has a dog on it) i think you would like

Kevin Drumm (really droney, some releases more noisy and others more "clean" sounding)
youtube.com/watch?v=tL-fohhu_FI

Sleep Research Facility (this album is field recordings, very eerie)
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3MqC9wRjs

Eleh (minimal analog drone)
youtube.com/watch?v=HsETIXx_vgk

and seconding Yellow Swans

Dream interpretation is the best

Boris - Absolutego

youtube.com/watch?v=7IaqqCjBW4g

Bear in mind there are two versions. The original 1996, and the 2001 "special low frequency" version. You can only find the 2001 version on youtube. Good, heavy drone.

Actually uploading a mashup right now of both versions playing simultaneously.

For anyone interested, here it is.

mediafire.com/?3l5imrl5w629lob

>calling out someone for trendy taste when they're trying to learn more about the genre
this is like poking fun at a fat person who's making an effort to go to the gym

Why does Sup Forums always have to bring up drone metal and specifically Boris every time someone mentions drone? I'd love to see something different for a change

gate - The Wisher Table
gate - The Dew Line
the dead c - Harsh 70s Reality
Kleistwahr - This World Is Not My Home
IRM - Order4
Tuluum Shimmering - Raag Wichikapache / Lake of Mapang
Robert Ashley - Automatic Writing
Sunshine Has Blown - Sunshine Has Blown
Anemonengurt - Wo die Ebenen geglättet sind
Ground-Zero - 革命京劇
mimeo - Lifting Concrete Lightly
Ghédalia Tazartès - Diasporas
Ultra - Roman Holiday
Brume - Accident de Chasse
Nuno Canavarro - Plux Quba
Halim El-Dabh - Crossing Into the Electric Magnetic
The Shadow Ring - Lindus

this
or most Varg releases
the guy works himself like a dog

Thor & Friends
Tony Conrad
Aaron Dilloway
Pharmakon
Shit & Shine
Pärson Sound

> Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, and a bunch of other artists in the posted genres
fuck off with your "experimental" music.
Stop reading p4k idiot.

Spacemen 3 (Dreamweapon)
Hanatarash
Black Dice
Bowery Electric
Main
Loop

These are mostly on the drone rock side of things

Could you be more specific as to what exactly you like or enjoy? The way that you labeled the thread doesn't seem to exactly line up with the two artists you mentioned. Who else have you listened to and enjoyed?

Seconding these, PAN put out a great ambient comp called Mono No Aware that's a good starting place, lots of p4k-approved experimental artists on it

because they're really good lol

This.

Not quite as noisy, but if you like the vocal samples on World Eater give Forest Swords a go

youtube.com/watch?v=wyUSfuL9dxY

Just trying to get into the genre more, haven't really had a lot of time to go into it that much.

I really like the sound of Prurient and his stuff, also Wolf Eyes, the Haxan Cloak, and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, not sure how many of those are considered standard p4k fare though.

Will give them a listen, thanks!

new cosmic dead
thecosmicdead.bandcamp.com/album/psych-is-dead

You posted my AOTY so far. A+, friend. What did you think of Ben Frost's Music For Fortitude?

If you don't already listen to Paul Jebanasam, I'd recommend starting with "Continum" by him.

Emptyset for sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=ll9tIPglFM8&ab_channel=ThrillJockeyRecords

Roly Porter captures some massive sounds too.
youtube.com/watch?v=voWUYRfsZbE&ab_channel=mickooyy

I loved the Music for Fortitude, it just sounds cold and harsh, which was nice to listen to when I walked or drove to class during the winter time, and it would be ~20-30F. 'Permafrost II', 'Vladek', and 'Bear Alarm' are my favorites off of the list, but I also like 'Mammoth Suite' and some of the other ones.

Haven't listened to Paul Jebanasam before, I'll check him out. I have listened to Roly Porter and Emptyset, enjoyed them both, but I should look into Porter more - i've only listened to 'Third Law'

idk if i'm an idiot but eluvium and tim hecker do it for me when it comes to drone/noise/ambient

Permafrost 1 & 2 are the best. I like the percussion in Tupilaq a lot as well. I haven't actually watched Fortitude but I can only imagine what kind of scene is happening when "In My Flesh and in the Space Between My Bones" is playing. I was really happy he released this because I didn't care for The Wasp Factory.

I like "Cloud" by Roly a lot too, but I don't listen to him much outside Third Law either.

Have you given Emeralds a try?
It's kinda like... Surf Solar sans percussion
youtube.com/watch?v=NpaLm88PHz0&ab_channel=ZerothRecursion

IVVVO leans slightly towards witch house but I'd still put them under ambient-influenced
youtube.com/watch?v=26rnMzkb-Zc&ab_channel=IVVVO-Topic

Noise: Scratch Acid
Drone: Sunn 0)))
Experimental: John Cage

Haven't given Emeralds a try, I really like Surf Solar though, so I'll give it a listen as well.

As for the Wasp Factory, I had to stop the album as I was listening to it, whereas I listened to all of the Music from Fortitude, so I guess that speaks volumes about the two of them.

check out Blackest Ever Black, most of the stuff on their label should be in line with what you've enjoyed. Raime is probably a good starting place, and Quarter Turns Over A Living Line is a classic IMO

La Monte Young - The Well-Tuned Piano