It's not letting me post on Sup Forums for some reason but they're contrarian hipsters anyway

It's not letting me post on Sup Forums for some reason but they're contrarian hipsters anyway

Any beginners tips for this game?

Just have fun playing through if it's your first time, then check out all the mods

never touched the mods and ive played tons of hours. My advice, set a custom destination far away form you. Then just walk that way and discover shit. Have fun.

Don't try and main every weapon first and pick you race wisely

i'd do the main questline first, it unlocks a lot of things that make things easier throughout the game. after that you can do whatever you want.

Such as?

Idk if I want to put more into archery or melee.

Alchemy breaks the economy in your favor. Be wary of leveling up on pure alchemy with no combat skills, unless you just buy bodyguards/lydia to fight for the first 20 levels or so.

There is literally no reason to wear cloth or light armor. Shield is OP. Sneak archer + alchemy = GG.

Mods barely fix any of that anyway.

Started playing a while ago, I recommend being a stealth archer, its both fun AND overpowered.

Best game ever

Can anyone tell me if having this many mods will cause things to fuck up

Does order of installation matter?

Feel like I dun goofd

One handed vs. Two handed?

a shout to make you do a sizeable sprint and if you plan to do melee stuff theres a shout to bring a dragon to the ground. theres some other shouts but i dont remember them

only reason this game is fun.

Yes, that many mods might fuck it up. 4GB memory patch will help but that also might fuck more shit up. Yes, load order matters a ton but most mod managers handle that pretty well for you.

>mod isn't working
>look in your order at what is being overwritten by what and swap them

the more mods you get the higher the chance of it fucking up. theres some mods out there that clean and reorder them to reduce that chance so go look for that.

>skyrim
>game designed for teenage girls
>game designed for people who've never played RPG before
>"any beginners tips"

christ this place is so fucking casual nowadays

i've truly become one of those "Sup Forums used to be good" guys

anyone want to make 5 bucks to come cave my skull in with an icepick?

Yes, it may. Try makimg a merged patch or maybe check for incompatibility between mods

where do i download the loli mods

a friend wants to know

At least it isn't fallout 4

Go back to Sup Forums you angsty brain wizard boi

You prabably think new vegas is better than 3. Kek

>Not even TTW master race

Play Morrowind instead.

Not him, but fnv is better than fo3.

Truth hurts faggot

OP is asking for "beginner's tips" for Skyrim, and you expect him to play Morrowind?

KEK

he wouldn't make it past the character creation

>WHY CANT I HIT THIS CRAB?!!?!
Morrowind

>2017
>love fo3 to death because it's my first fo game and my friend made it an absolute blast to play
>fnv is probably better but I don't have that initial spark with it despite it being just as good if not better than fo3
>never going to be able to decide which is better
I didn't ask for this lads

try not to cut yourself with that edge boy

Craft Craft Craft !

The part about Skyrim that annoyed me the most was I tried not to use the waypoint system, and the game is literally unplayable without it. The directions they give are so fucking vague and useless that there's no way to find where you need to go without the waypoints.

I miss games requiring you to have reading comprehension, and to pay attention to the world in the game.

FNV didn't have ENEMIES. The endgame was all just weakling humans in tiny groups. That was literally the only problem with it.

Mods add stuff like supermutants and noncanonish bits, just not great. Deathclaws are too fucking dangerous for an actual opponent, just a rare hazard.

I agree that what he posted is shit but c'mon man

That and planting a huge group of them trying to influence the direction you take, a shitmountain taking up 1/4 of the map, god awful companions, boring as fuck factions, the vegas strip being literally 4 buildings, and not having one memorable location, yeah.

I've deliberately avoided this game at all costs since it came out because I know for a fact nobody would see me for 8 fucking months once I started playing it.
Am I right to avoid it?

I loved shitmountain, especially the radio. I think Primm was pretty well done for an intro and the boomers place was pretty fuckin memorable, camp searchlight is great but a lot of the memorable places were almost optional in the main questline so I guess they weren't really standing out.

The whole game has the lore of NV built into every inch of it, so I don't know that one SPECIFIC place is worth as much as the whole. I think FO3 was much better designed and implemented, but it also wasn't fucked as hard as obsidian.

I am basically alone in thinking that dead money was one of the best things ever done in a fallout game though.

Grab Jennesa in whiterun duplicate the shit out of fireball scroll and give to her.Now go and explore,she will do the rest.

Spam soul trap on a corpse for like 30 minutes then run around a crowded town casting detect life until you're bored.

No you should play it.

Fucking do it. I was emerged from my shell 6 months later 10 pounds lighter and unable to stand in the sun.

Glorious glorious 6 months...

Hey, it actually worked.

Doesn't look like the graphics loaded right though. Sky is supported to be very saturated

Best game... But you need a Lot of time ^^

Its okay, you can finish the main quest in like 4 hours max.

Use LOOT, it sets your load order to a generally accepted one.

If you want color/lightning changes you should look into enb(needs a good pc) or sweet fx

Alright so I'm looking into ENB and it doesn't look as simple as just installing one or two files, it's a whole extraction process into the skyrim folder?

pic related, what i'm trying to get it to look like

Are you using a mod manager? They tend to be like 'Select the data folder in this zip' and then that's just dropped into your skyrim/Data folder with management.

this.

always a new adventure.
do side quests along the way
loot caves and dungeons

get mods to make things more interesting
preferably mods that add weapons armor and creatures/monsters.

if you waita while to do the main quest, it will get harder and harder the more you level up.

Don't do the main quest for a while. Go explore and do the bigger side stories like thieves guild and dark brother hood. Raid dungeons and train. Once dragons start appearing it's a pain in the ass for a while.

Also I'd say build skill tree based on race to start, but on the side always practice alchemy, enchanting, speech, and smithing. They are beneficial skills that will help you get a lot of levels.

Yeah, nexus.

I think I figured it out

dont be retarded and read guides. youll be fine
also use Mod Organizer. superior to NMM in every way

The thing about enb is that there are many usages for it so my advice would be to look for one you like and try to stick to the specific guide. For example, there are some settings which are meant for screenshots or to be combined with other mods like weather. I had a performance friendly one and I was pretty happy with it

About to give it a try, let's see boys

I prefer one handed with blocking. Shieldbashes make enemies stagger a lot to give you an opening to attack

heres one of my favorite screenshots
don fuck around with enbs till you get a mod order that you like. also make a backup of your vanilla game directory. Saves having to reinstall when something fucks up.

two handed master race. shields are for pussies

Kill all the chiken. I heard they're tasty and give you all kind of neat buffs.

Damn this shit is complicated

dual wielding 1 handers ftw

Every 8 months or so I'll do a clean install of this game and spend a day getting like 100 mods then playing a completely different game

It's bound to get repetitive at some point though, since not much new is coming out

welcome to skyrim modding. STEP is your friend, its called a readme for a reason, and most importantly: back up your shit. because it will break. a lot.