Daniel Johnston appreciation thread

Daniel Johnston appreciation thread.

Post your favorite song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zrphc5MKBP0
youtube.com/watch?v=8h2kBAsKy1M

The uninitiated are welcome. Get in here and learn yourself about one of the greatest artist ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFavfI5PfoI
youtube.com/watch?v=ibG4EmdCHNY
youtube.com/watch?v=KBNz3mL9-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=HW0xZ19Phs8
youtube.com/watch?v=C8WrHJg2xLM
youtube.com/watch?v=b0IylkCoFWA
youtube.com/watch?v=fCbeJdpJUrw
youtube.com/watch?v=8wTP5lsE-l4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HXn29trE4
youtube.com/watch?v=MlgkEjrdR9c
youtube.com/watch?v=fWNEYQnD_UA&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=dkhiv6pPLrQ&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=gSMCf2-CYo8
youtube.com/watch?v=pbbuofn3_1g
youtube.com/watch?v=C4i4iGk5AhY
youtube.com/watch?v=g6YtFznIzOA&index=18&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu
youtube.com/watch?v=51S38RKzakM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you wanna get to the song on this one, skip to 52 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=PFavfI5PfoI

I love mcdonalds

Yeah. They got some pretty tasty hamburgers.

youtube.com/watch?v=ibG4EmdCHNY

There has to be at least one other fan on this fucking website!

glad to see everyone's favorite song! theres two other people like jfc
also,i cant pick one so heres a few:

youtube.com/watch?v=HW0xZ19Phs8
youtube.com/watch?v=C8WrHJg2xLM
youtube.com/watch?v=b0IylkCoFWA

the other guy actually only likes mcdonalds so i guess its just op..
goddamn

love him
probably going to kms myself to walking the cow to be honest

"You can listen to these songs,
have a good time,
and walk away.
but for me, It's not that easy.
I have to live these songs forever.."

id never do it but IF i did id do it to peek a boo or despair came knocking

Nothing moves me more than walking the cow. I feel as though no other song can make me feel any closer to his confused, paranoid, fragile mind than that one. I hope Daniel is doing well these days.

He has an unparalleled ability to give you insight into his mind. His art is the most perfect distillation of a persons essence that i know of.

youtube.com/watch?v=fCbeJdpJUrw

That's a great line.

Don't kill yourself man. I know life sucks, but hang in there. It can't suck all of the time.

This is one of the best covers of his songs. what are your guys favorite covers?
youtube.com/watch?v=8wTP5lsE-l4

Oh, this is life. This is life, and everything's alright.

It has to be this just based on how much I relate to it
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HXn29trE4

Oh yes! That is one of very favorites... Although i can say that about almost all of his songs.

For serious guys. Listen to this cover of Loner. It is the best.

"Drove those demons out of my head with an organ and a pencil full of lead, and when i'm dead, like to have it said. 'He drove those demons out of his head'"

"We don't need reason, and we don't need logic, cause we got feeling, and we're dang proud of it."

here's a beach house cover of a danny j song youtube.com/watch?v=MlgkEjrdR9c

goddamn

I've not heard the original of that song yet. I am very methodically going through all of his albums chronologically. I'm on Respect.

oh how nice
the songs of pain album are the best. the song i posted is on 1990

I've been a fan for years, you would think i would be farther. It's not for lack of listening to him. I listen to him all of the time.

This song is fucking incredible. I think Yip/Jump Music is my favorite of his albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWNEYQnD_UA&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu&index=10

i completely understand ive only listened to a few albums and ive been listening to him since 2013

lol nice. They are all so worth listening to a hundred, or more times.

Did anybody watch Where The Wild Things Are? They had a cover of Worried Shoes in that movie. I was so delightfully surprised by that.

youtube.com/watch?v=dkhiv6pPLrQ&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu&index=13

film looks comfy, would watch
ive watched a few films from the same director too

Yeah. Spike Jonze is cool in my book. Her was pretty great.

Because someone's already mentioned my song already
youtube.com/watch?v=gSMCf2-CYo8

youtube.com/watch?v=pbbuofn3_1g

i don't have much to add but this is a good thread,

my second most played danny j song:
youtube.com/watch?v=C4i4iGk5AhY

i like that film, have u seen lost in translation? they supposedly are connected with each other

This is a good choice. Which song were you going to post?

His relationship with his mother is so sad. For both of them. She didn't know what was wrong or how to help so she yelled at him. I relate to that so much.

Another great song. I have not seen that. I hear it's good. I should probably check it out eventually.

I've always been amazed with Daniel's song writing gift. It's just a man with a piano/guitar, but every one of his songs is so unique and different than the others, and every single one is beautiful.

This song. This fucking song!
youtube.com/watch?v=g6YtFznIzOA&index=18&list=PLrdz0ilytRrQjhgTs5zJh_nqAOzGCNomu

>say "i love you danny"

"She said she didn't really love me. Not like she loved him. And she treated me nice, and she treated me kind, and i never will forgive her for that."

it hurts

Did you guys catch the Kathy McCarty cover of Rocket Ship on Futurama?

thats the girl in the documentary right? glass eye? i've watched all the seasons of futurama but i dont recall that scene

Always seen this guys name, never looked into him. Liking that first song, will have to check out some other stuff.

Yep, that's her. Dead Dogs Eyeball is a cover album of all his stuff by her, which is really good. I think it was in one of the movies.

Trust me dude. It's a rabbit hole you'll want to go down.

this was good

Check out the documentary 'the devil and daniel johnston' for some context

i might listen to that, and i've watched that movie also. i searched it up and now i remember : ^ )

CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK
youtube.com/watch?v=51S38RKzakM

lol