youtube.com/watch?v=YafZkjiMpjU
youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbmdFOvTs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Confederate#Tenets_of_Neo-Confederate_beliefs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

b/c not everyone feels the same way... also, memes
/thread

Because murica duh

youtube.com/watch?v=YafZkjiMpjU

I wish Lincoln would have lived through reconstruction, because his final phase was to return all slaves to Africa.

>have good president
>kennedy

sometimes we kill what we value most

>inb4 edgy contrarians claim Lincoln/Kennedy were bad presidents

Shortest way to put it is that they wanted to expose the truth. Shadow government don't like that.

muslims

>Why?

Jew bankers

This

Just take away the middle item and you have the reason:
>americans
>shooting and killing things

> the better the president, the more popular he is
> the more popular he is, the more power he has
> the more power a man has, the closer he is to achieving dictatorship
> therefore he must die

Yeah, he averted the end of the world during the Cuban Missile Crisis. What a dolt!

Or the people who shoot them are delusional, either explanation is fine.

I'm inclined to think your explanation is better though.

>handling of the cuban missle crisis
>the apollo project
>civil rights
>new frontier

Do I need to go on?

This; overwhelmingly in Kennedy's case.
He was dead as soon as he decided to disband the CIA.

You're equating two very different men. Since the first list put together by Schleisinger in 1948, polls of historians have generally put Lincoln in the #1 spot. Kennedy, despite his popularity, is generally rated in the middle.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbmdFOvTs

"We... are opposed to secret societies..."

“I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind"

-JFK

One went against the CIA. The other destroyed an economy for the south with no real back up plan for it that it is still recovering from it today. If your not American kys

He did break the blacklist and was a cheerleader for the space program, but just means he isn't among the worst presidents.

But the New Frontier was just a speech, and the Cuban missile crisis was a fiasco thanks to how Kennedy handled the Bay of Pigs.

You're comparing the near-universal #1 choice with a mediocre president.

Good thread. Im sick of all these fucking trap threads, nigger threads, and look at this dick i found on the internet threads. Its time to purge Sup Forums.

>the south is still recovering from the civil war

Fucking what????

You can see it in the state capitols. They're still so devastated from the Civil War they can't even afford to replace these out of date flags

CIA fucked him over on Bay of Pigs

We've shot and killed more than two presidents.

Hi there cia, still salty he wanted to disassemble your illegitimate organization?

The shadow government doesn't like anyone else taking control.

They tried with Reagan but he smartened up.
Then they gave him Alzheimers.

"We"?

Damn, Sup Forums is hardcore

Yeah, McKinley wasn't even that great. The fact that his shooter was an avowed anarchist kind of affirms the theory being advanced in the rest of the thread though. Illuminaughty.

You dropped this

i'm not joking, the CIA under the shadow government also gave cancer to several left-wing latin american leaders, that's not to mention more direct approaches like the impeachment of the former brazilian president.

The left wing is already cancer.

The new frontier is what is generally used to deacribe Kennedy's domestic programs..

Now if you consider the dire consequences that we avoided with Kennedys handling of the Cuban missle crisis, I would argue that alone makes him one of the greatest presidents of the U.S.

Also I dont see anyone itt claiming Kennedy is a better president than Lincoln. The OP just says he is a great president. And do you really disagree with that?

A couple other noteworthy accomplishments

>the peace corps
>nuclear test bans
>alliance of progress

>tfw you realize most of the greatest presidents of the U.S are democrats

It's cancer with a different agenda, they don't give a fuck otherwise.

>be donald trump right now

Tfw you realise all of those Democrats would be centrist Republicans in today's politics

The only Dem that consistently shows up in top 5 lists is FDR.

Kennedy was about to defund and discontinue the CIA and FBI
Why the fuck do you think he was killed?
Lincolns plan was never fully realized this way and so he died with the people wanting to "continue" his ideals.
In their mind, this meant black rights.

Democrats cry when they don't get what they want.

>Lincoln
>Good President
Pick one, nigger.

Hardly, Kennedy made the decision to withdraw the air support that was necessary for success.

Lincoln isnt top 5?

>Inb4 Lincoln was a republican

Remember the democratic and republican parties switched ideals

Hey who are you to stop me from starting alternative news!

>The South is still recovering from the Civil War.
>Why do niggers need affirmative action? Slavery was ages ago. Where's their personal responsibility?

No, a bunch of southerners switched sides. And that still doesn't make Lincoln a Democrat.

> Not that retroactively assigning a president from more than a century ago to a modern political party makes any sense, anyway.

Harry Truman
Lincoln
Roosevelt
Wilson

> redefining reality

>be american
>have good president
>shoot and kill him

>Why?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Really? Are you really claiming that the Republican party Lincoln was a part of doesn't have more in common with todays democratic party than todays republican party?

there was a good president?

Land of the bigoted, home of the slave

>twf you realise that Hilary was more of a centrist republican than Trump

>Harry Truman

Totally unqualified. We're talking Trump-level unpreparedness for the job.

>Lincoln

An extraordinary man, the likes of which we'll never see again in United States politics.

>Roosevelt

FDR was excellent in many ways (sorry, Japs), and was exactly what was needed at the time. If he had insisted that Henry Wallace be his VP rather than Truman, the course of history would be drastically different, but he was too weak by the end to stand up to the party.

Teddy was all balls. Gotta respect that.

>Wilson

He had all the inner strength you'd expect of a university president, which is to say, none at all. This permeated everything he touched.

I'm saying he's not a Democrat. I'm just not stupid enough to think a party from the 1860s bears much resemblance to either modern party.

>"freed the slaves" (but only those within the CSA)
>suspended habeas corpus
>deported critics
>hanged protesters
>employed "fake news"
>imposed federally mandated censorship
>held a "public" & "private" position
But, please do tell me how Lincoln was a good president.

No, party lines don't really match up, but the Republicans in recent years are best understood as neo-confederate. That one characterization will let you predict almost all their policy positions.

He put down the Rebellion like the rabid dog it was and restored lawful government to the South.

> neo-confederate
Are you stupid? Nobody's advocating for a return of slavery.

>restored lawful government to the South
wew lad

25% of black men end up in prison. There are many reasons for this, but asymmetric enforcement and sentencing does at least play a significant role. Increasingly those prisons are privatized, and the inmates are coerced into working, running call centers or doing low-level manufacturing tasks for businesses that contract with the prison.

So forget advocating for it. We HAVE slavery-lite going on right now.

the CIA has become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Texas v. White

States cannot secede. Whatever passed for a government among the Rebellion was not a lawful government. So when Federal troops put down the Rebellion lawful government was restored.

Yes, the law isn't really fair particularly when it comes to drug crimes and pullovers. But the root of many of those problems is black culture, which is forbidden topic within in the modern Democratic party. Which is pretty fucking racist.

Anyway, Lincoln opposed slavery, and supported things like basic human rights. But his positions probably map closest to a lite version of what today is called a classic liberal. And classic liberals these days are lumped in with the conservatives.

Not that any of that has fuck-all to do with Republicans or Democrats. You really can't go through old presidents and claim them for one modern party or the other, because we don't know their positions on many modern issues and many of their beliefs won't map to to either current party (Lincoln believed in the superiority of whites over blacks, after all)

Name 5 cases

>violating the constitution
>"lawful" government
pick one

>citing a case 4 years after Lincoln's head exploded
wew lad

wew lad

The President has nearly unlimited power in wartime. In a case where a number of states have pledged to wage an illegal and unethical war against their lawful federal government he has even more leeway. Sometimes the ends really do justify the means. I personally believe he didn't go far enough. All of the Rebellion's political leadership should have been executed, along with all of their offices and no less than a third of the average rank and file. Break their spirit and grind it into dust, so that they never step out of line again.

>neo-confederate

Look at this faggot trying to fall back on some roundabout way of STILL trying to call anyone they disagree with "racist"

Fuck outta here you uneducated clown

>illegal
[citation needed]
>unethical
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Name a Republican policy position that isn't easily derived from a neo-confederate worldview.

That's ancient history, so who gives a fuck? It just makes no sense for the victorious state to hang the flag of a failed successionist state in their capitols

Evil runs this world, and good men who know the truth die before they can do good unto the world.

I can see that you're still buttblasted about the South losing so you probably hail from an insignificant backwater in the South. Your attitude is why I believe more rebels should have been executed at the end of the war. The North successfully put down the Rebellion but failed to break your spirit and you've been dragging down that part of the country ever since.

Can't, because nobody knows WTF "neo-confederated worldview" means

thats not a homo sapien, is this real or shopped?

>t. I have no argument

So many of those dumb rednecks subscribing to their "south will rise again" nonsense. Stupid people trying desperately to hang on to ideals from past centuries. Like this triggered hillbilly here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Confederate#Tenets_of_Neo-Confederate_beliefs

>has no argument
>screams RACIST
butthurt much libcuck?

>good presidents
>race traitors

He never called you a racist.....
But you are proving him right about you being a triggered hillbilly.

Those principles seem to have very little do with either modern party. Plus "original research" is always a red flag even by WP standards.

Kek. Called it

JFK was such a stud

You weren't inb4 anything

You're literally trying to make up bullshit terms that hold no water and don't describe anything in particular......then act like we're the stupid ones for not playing along? kys faggot.

We can go through a logical discussion about it, but not when your dumb ass is just looking to call facts that disagree with you "bigoted" or "racist" because you have no intellectual substance.

Republicans believe States Rights are more important than Federal jurisdiction. This isn't "neo-confederate" and there are plenty of democrats who believe the same thing.

Republicans believe in lower taxes and reigning in "social spending." Davey Crockett believed the same fucking thing. He was a Republican. Now, either he was a true Republican of today or, like you dipshits always like to argue, the Republicans of his time are the Democrats of today. Whichever choice you make, it's factually fucking wrong.

I honestly don't think you morons realize how fucking stupid you look trying to rewrite history and demonize any belief that doesn't align with your own as "hurr confederate! hurr racist!" Read a book, learn your fucking history, or shut the fuck up honestly.

lincoln was so worried about his bullshit legacy and asserting the authority of the federal gov that he trampled states' rights and started a civil war.
inb4 "durr..but he freed teh slaves."
yeah, not really -- only in the south where it would fuck up their economy and throw their social order into upheaval. read the emancipation proclamation really carefully and you'll see that it only frees *southern* slaves.
lincoln sucked ass and got what he deserved.
kennedy was a philandering fuckwad who was going to die of addison's. he screwed the pooch on several occasions and pissed on the shoes of many important and powerful groups in the year or so leading up to his assassination.
like lincoln, he was an arrogant, power-mad faggot and got what he deserved.

all of the winrar

oh, and read about sherman's march to the sea.
that was some seriously brutal shit -- on par with the barbarism the soviets visited on the germans after berlin fell. william tecumseh sherman was a vicious cunt.

>Those principles seem to have very little do with either modern party.

Economic theory — neo-Confederates usually advocate a free market economy which engages in significantly less taxation than currently found in the United States, and which does not revolve around fiat currencies such as the United States Dollar.

...opposition to the Civil Rights Movement in the 1950s and 1960s.

... seeks to legitimate that claim" that the war "had never [italics in original] been fought on behalf of slavery; loyalty to the South, southern self-government, southern culture, or states rights..."

Culture — many neo-Confederates promote an unabashed Christian culture. They support, for example, public displays of Christianity, such as "Ten Commandments" monuments and displays of the Christian cross.

Almost all neo-Confederates strongly support the right to keep and bear arms, present in both the United States Constitution and the Confederate States Constitution.

This doesn't map cleanly onto one of our political parties?

>Plus "original research" is always a red flag even by WP standards.

Not a great source, but very handy, and saved me from typing a list.

I was a little late for the Kennedy one, but I got here before all the Lincoln ones.

>read the emancipation proclamation really carefully and you'll see that it only frees *southern* slaves.
Well no shit. It was a wartime act coming from his war powers to deny the enemy a labor force. He didn't have the Constitutional authority to abolish slavery in states that remained loyal which is why he pushed for the passage of the 13th amendment. Stating that the Emancipation Proclamation only freed southern slaves is as obvious a statement as saying water is wet.

>implying his bumbling didn't initiate the cuban missile crisis
>implying the president is somehow deserving of credit for the work accomplished by far better and braver men than himself
>implying civil rights movement wasn't just opening up a can of worms and bullshit that continues today. give em an inch....
>new frontier? kek. it's a speech mate. he didn't have much beyond hollow words and decent oration skills

no, you needn't go on.
he was a faggot.
imma go watch his brains get scattered down the trunk lid of that limo again.